Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #13  
Old 02-13-2010, 04:30 PM
Scottina06's Avatar
JeepGarage Founder
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Berea, Kentucky
Posts: 49,106
Thanks: 859
Thanked 937 Times in 670 Posts
Rep Power: 7717722
Scottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Huge Problem - Jeep only moves in Low

youll be fine with the muffler
__________________

__________________
SCOTT
The HARDER you work...the LUCKIER you are!
2014 REDLINE red Jeep SRT "BLOODIED Edition" 1 of 1
2013 JKU Wrangler 10A-stormtrooper'ed, JW Speaker and more!
Previous JEEP rides-
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-deep cherry
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo-inferno red



Twitter-The_Jeep_Guy
Instagram-thejeep_guy

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-14-2010, 10:49 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 137
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1928
WJ_Jeep is on a distinguished road
Re: Huge Problem - Jeep only moves in Low

Sounds almost identical to my WK which lost the tranny. Repair for the tranny was like $4700.00. Limped it to another dealer, juiced it up with tranny fluid and traded it.

It was gonna be another $700 for a radiator and labor. In my case the radiator failed sucking all the tranny fluid out through the cooling lines and into the engine.

Hope the new owner bought an extended warranty as it would have only survived a couple of test drives before they realized what was going on.

The dealership put the window stickers on and backed it into the lot, new owners climbed into it before the engine cooled and drove off with it when I was signing the paperwork on my new truck.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-14-2010, 11:48 PM
brent's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 182
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 2002
brent is on a distinguished road
Re: Huge Problem - Jeep only moves in Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJ_Jeep View Post
Sounds almost identical to my WK which lost the tranny. Repair for the tranny was like $4700.00. Limped it to another dealer, juiced it up with tranny fluid and traded it.

It was gonna be another $700 for a radiator and labor. In my case the radiator failed sucking all the tranny fluid out through the cooling lines and into the engine.

Hope the new owner bought an extended warranty as it would have only survived a couple of test drives before they realized what was going on.

The dealership put the window stickers on and backed it into the lot, new owners climbed into it before the engine cooled and drove off with it when I was signing the paperwork on my new truck.
1. That's kinda lame.
2. Didn't the dealer detail the jeep before they flipped it?
__________________
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland. Airaid CAI. Magnaflow catback exhaust system. Billet style antenna. Michelin Latitude Tour tires.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-15-2010, 10:23 PM
Devilsmed98's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Jersey off Exit 105
Posts: 246
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1919
Devilsmed98 is on a distinguished road
Re: Huge Problem - Jeep only moves in Low

Wow well I'm hoping I didn't mess up the tranny with this whole thing. My dad says its the transfer case and when you shift it you can hear the tranny trying to engage the gears but it just doesn't work. I'll end up knowing what it is when I bring it in the end of March. I gotta wait 30 days to file a warranty claim. I'm just hoping that they cover everything and don't void it because of my stupid muffler swap.
__________________
2011 WKII Overland - 5.7L Hemi, QDII, QuadraLift, Fully Loaded.
2007 WK Limited - 22" Magnaflow Muffler, AFE Stage II Intake
1995 YJ Rio Grande - 3.5" BDS Lift, 5/8" MORE Boomerang Shackles.
~:GOT MUD CENTRAL NEW JERSEY 4X4:~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom owns me on Facebook
Yesterday Frankie was telling me about how he gets better gas mileage because of the way he drives, I told him he gets better gas mileage because he DOESN'T have a hemi. He didn't have much to say after that
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-15-2010, 10:38 PM
Redsand's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 1998 4.0L ZJ
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 566
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 2515
Redsand has a reputation beyond reputeRedsand has a reputation beyond reputeRedsand has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redsand
Re: Huge Problem - Jeep only moves in Low

Well whatever you do, don't drive it. Driving it around in 4lo regardless of what the problem is will hurt the Jeep even more.
__________________
-Chris-

My SCT Tuned 1998 5.9 Limited
AEM Brute Force Intake
AMSOIL Cone Filter/Pre-Filter Carsound Cat Flowmaster Super 44
Pro Comp MX6 Shocks
Mopar M1 Intake Manifold BBK 52mm Throttle Body
SPRING/SUMMER PLANS: Mopar Performance Valve Covers, Edelbrock Stainless Headers, Kolak Exhaust,
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-07-2010, 03:03 PM
Devilsmed98's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Jersey off Exit 105
Posts: 246
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1919
Devilsmed98 is on a distinguished road
Re: Huge Problem - Jeep only moves in Low

Update: With the warm weather this week we got under the truck and removed the transfer case. I've been looking online and there aren't too many used transfer cases for a 2007, and all of them that I find are much more expensive then 2005s lets say.

Now my question to everyone and anyone with experience is will a NV245 transfer case from any other year work on my 2007 or are there differences between years?

Any prompt responses would be great, my father will be coming back from Florida in two weeks and we would like to have the new case here by then.

Thanks in advance, Frank
__________________
2011 WKII Overland - 5.7L Hemi, QDII, QuadraLift, Fully Loaded.
2007 WK Limited - 22" Magnaflow Muffler, AFE Stage II Intake
1995 YJ Rio Grande - 3.5" BDS Lift, 5/8" MORE Boomerang Shackles.
~:GOT MUD CENTRAL NEW JERSEY 4X4:~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom owns me on Facebook
Yesterday Frankie was telling me about how he gets better gas mileage because of the way he drives, I told him he gets better gas mileage because he DOESN'T have a hemi. He didn't have much to say after that
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-09-2010, 05:11 PM
Devilsmed98's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Jersey off Exit 105
Posts: 246
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1919
Devilsmed98 is on a distinguished road
Re: Huge Problem - Jeep only moves in Low

Finally fixed it. It was the transfer case. I ordered a new one for $400 (bye bye accesories). It took about 6 hours between 2 people to remove and uninstall due to the fact that the person that owned it before us lived in NYC and I guess never heard of a car wash or didn't know what salt did to the undercarriage of a car. 2 broken bolts in the mount that connect from the bottom of the transfer case to the bar but what the hell. Over all love the fact that I saved about $2100 versus bringing it to the dealer.

If anyone has any questions in the future or needs any help post here or shoot me a PM.
__________________
2011 WKII Overland - 5.7L Hemi, QDII, QuadraLift, Fully Loaded.
2007 WK Limited - 22" Magnaflow Muffler, AFE Stage II Intake
1995 YJ Rio Grande - 3.5" BDS Lift, 5/8" MORE Boomerang Shackles.
~:GOT MUD CENTRAL NEW JERSEY 4X4:~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom owns me on Facebook
Yesterday Frankie was telling me about how he gets better gas mileage because of the way he drives, I told him he gets better gas mileage because he DOESN'T have a hemi. He didn't have much to say after that
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-10-2010, 12:46 AM
maxst2's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2006 4.7L WK
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oakland,IA
Posts: 1,475
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 198564
maxst2 has a reputation beyond reputemaxst2 has a reputation beyond reputemaxst2 has a reputation beyond reputemaxst2 has a reputation beyond reputemaxst2 has a reputation beyond reputemaxst2 has a reputation beyond reputemaxst2 has a reputation beyond reputemaxst2 has a reputation beyond reputemaxst2 has a reputation beyond reputemaxst2 has a reputation beyond reputemaxst2 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to maxst2 Send a message via MSN to maxst2 Send a message via Yahoo to maxst2 Send a message via Skype™ to maxst2
Re: Huge Problem - Jeep only moves in Low

Well.. i thought you had a warranty? Im not sure your going to get your money back by saying here this broke and I fixed it ( which gratz on getting it done ).
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-10-2010, 02:43 PM
Devilsmed98's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Jersey off Exit 105
Posts: 246
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1919
Devilsmed98 is on a distinguished road
Re: Huge Problem - Jeep only moves in Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxst2 View Post
Well.. i thought you had a warranty? Im not sure your going to get your money back by saying here this broke and I fixed it ( which gratz on getting it done ).
My parent's thought it would be easier to buy an aftermarket warranty and cheat them out of a new transfer case, but they ended up getting scammed for $2500 (karma). Luckily American Express took care of that for them. They should have just listened to me in the first place.
__________________
2011 WKII Overland - 5.7L Hemi, QDII, QuadraLift, Fully Loaded.
2007 WK Limited - 22" Magnaflow Muffler, AFE Stage II Intake
1995 YJ Rio Grande - 3.5" BDS Lift, 5/8" MORE Boomerang Shackles.
~:GOT MUD CENTRAL NEW JERSEY 4X4:~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom owns me on Facebook
Yesterday Frankie was telling me about how he gets better gas mileage because of the way he drives, I told him he gets better gas mileage because he DOESN'T have a hemi. He didn't have much to say after that
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-11-2010, 03:53 PM
maxst2's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2006 4.7L WK
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oakland,IA
Posts: 1,475
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 198564
maxst2 has a reputation beyond reputemaxst2 has a reputation beyond reputemaxst2 has a reputation beyond reputemaxst2 has a reputation beyond reputemaxst2 has a reputation beyond reputemaxst2 has a reputation beyond reputemaxst2 has a reputation beyond reputemaxst2 has a reputation beyond reputemaxst2 has a reputation beyond reputemaxst2 has a reputation beyond reputemaxst2 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to maxst2 Send a message via MSN to maxst2 Send a message via Yahoo to maxst2 Send a message via Skype™ to maxst2
Re: Huge Problem - Jeep only moves in Low

ahhh... thats good then.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-09-2010, 12:37 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Romania
Posts: 33
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1657
sogard is on a distinguished road
Re: Huge Problem - Jeep only moves in Low

Yesterday when I lifted my car on an elevator in a Service i discovered that it has a strange noise in the transfer caise. It sounds like a bad chain . I replaced the oil ( Mopar NV245 ) and the sound diminished but still exists. Any ideas what the problem is ?

Also I am wondering if in USA your cars uses the same transfer case type like the cars made for Europe.

I am driving a Grand Cherokee WK 2008 3.0 Crd , Quadra-drive II .
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-09-2010, 03:59 PM
Devilsmed98's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Jersey off Exit 105
Posts: 246
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1919
Devilsmed98 is on a distinguished road
Re: Huge Problem - Jeep only moves in Low

Hmm weird you say that, ever since I installed my new transfer case there has been a chain like rattling noise whenever I accelerate. It also happens when I downshift and the RPMs jump a bit. My dad said we probably forgot to tighten a bolt all the way but I'm beginning to think it's something in the TC.

Is there an actual physical chain inside of the TC? Also, how hard is it to replace the oil in it?
__________________

__________________
2011 WKII Overland - 5.7L Hemi, QDII, QuadraLift, Fully Loaded.
2007 WK Limited - 22" Magnaflow Muffler, AFE Stage II Intake
1995 YJ Rio Grande - 3.5" BDS Lift, 5/8" MORE Boomerang Shackles.
~:GOT MUD CENTRAL NEW JERSEY 4X4:~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom owns me on Facebook
Yesterday Frankie was telling me about how he gets better gas mileage because of the way he drives, I told him he gets better gas mileage because he DOESN'T have a hemi. He didn't have much to say after that
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
wj HID low beam kit Motteler621 Interior/Exterior/Visual 21 02-09-2010 07:50 PM
99 Jeep Grand with Heating Problem rconrad Troubleshooting/Problems 1 11-28-2009 04:38 AM
How do I get better low end performance? tman4024 Performance Modifications 50 07-13-2009 07:14 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community