Re: Just picked up a new limited...now getting to a "level playing field"
Originally Posted by kkuty
...a 2006 Limited Hemi w/52k miles. ...I'm not 100% sure what maintenance has/has not been done up to this point, so here's my plan:
1) Change Spark Plugs
2) Drain and fill front/rear dif
3) Drain and fill transmission (and both filters)
4) Drain and fill transfer case
5) Flush coolant system - is this necessary at 52k miles?!? The coolant looks very clear/brand new. (Not required)
6) Drain and replace power steering reservoir (small leak)
After maintenance items #1-6, I would:
a. Clean out the back side of the throttle body and butterfly plate;
b. Consider a change out of the EGR valve. Order the little gasket where it penetrates the intake manifold in case yours is bad.
c. Clean out and check the PCV valve and add an oil catch can. These HEMI's really suck up the oil into the intake manifold.
Congratulations on your new Heep.
'08 WK Limited, 5.7L HEMI, Quadra-Trac II, Bright Silver Metallic, Class IV Hitch, Michelin LTX M/S tires, Billet Technology oil catch can, Fumoto oil drain valve.