Here's what I did and the products I used (total cost, about $50
Pulled the moldings off the truck and then sanded away the chrome finish using 180 grit sandpaper. I got them looking sort of like a stainless steel appliance. After that, I hit them with two coats of self-etching primer and then two coats of sandable primer. Once dry, I lightly sanded them down with 400 grit sandpaper, then applied two coats of primer sealer, followed by two coats of Brilliant Black, and then about four coats of clear. Gave them a day to dry and then wet-sanded them with 2000 grit sandpaper, then used a rubbing compound, a polishing compound, and then finished them off with a wax.
I used the TrimBrite tape on the window moldings.