Originally Posted by SvenskaJeepGuy
i think there is a section in the owners manual for long term storage. there is a particular fuse to remove iirc
You can remove the IOD (Ignition Off Draw) fuse. That takes care of a lot of the parasitic loads on the battery when (as the name would suggest) the ignition is off.
There are, however, still some components that suck up power even with the IOD fuse pulled. If storing for a month or two, by removing the IOD you get to keep all of the adaptives. Anything longer than that, I would be concerned about the few systems remaining killing the battery.