Re: Water pump 2005 wk 4.7
2005 Jeep Truck Grand Cherokee 2WD V8-4.7L VIN N
Vehicle Level Engine, Cooling and Exhaust Cooling System Water Pump Service and Repair
Service and RepairPUMP-WATER
The water pump on 4.7L engines is bolted directly to the engine timing chain
A gasket is used as a seal between the water pump and timing chain
The water pump can be removed without discharging the air conditioning system (if equipped).
WARNING: CONSTANT TENSION HOSE CLAMPS ARE USED ON MOST COOLING SYSTEM HOSES. WHEN REMOVING OR INSTALLING, USE ONLY TOOLS DESIGNED FOR SERVICING THIS TYPE OF CLAMP, SUCH AS TOOL 6094. ALWAYS WEAR SAFETY GLASSES WHEN SERVICING CONSTANT TENSION CLAMPS.
- Disconnect negative battery cable from battery.
- Drain cooling system. Do not waste reusable coolant. If solution is clean, drain coolant into a clean container for reuse.
A number or letter is stamped into the tongue of constant tension clamps. If replacement is necessary, use only an original equipment clamp with matching number or letter.
- Remove accessory drive belt.
- Remove lower radiator hose clamp and remove lower hose at water pump.
- Remove seven water pump mounting bolts and one stud bolt.
Do not pry water pump at timing chain
case/cover. The machined surfaces may be damaged resulting in leaks.
- Remove water pump and gasket. Discard gasket.
Clean the gasket mating surface. Use caution not to damage the gasket sealing surface.
Inspect the water pump assembly for cracks in the housing, Water leaks from shaft seal, Loose or rough turning bearing or Impeller rubbing either the pump body or timing chain
- Clean gasket mating surfaces.
- Using a new gasket, position water pump and install mounting bolts as shown.. Tighten water pump mounting bolts to 58 Nm (43 ft. lbs. ) torque.
- Spin water pump to be sure that pump impeller does not rub against timing chain case/cover.
- Connect radiator lower hose to water pump.
- Install accessory drive belt.
When installing the serpentine accessory drive belt, belt must be routed correctly. If not, engine may overheat due to water pump rotating in wrong direction.
- Refill cooling system.
- Connect negative battery cable.
- Start and warm the engine. Check for leaks.
(06' Black JGC Limited with FULL SRT8 Body Kit, SRT8 Roof Rails and Mopar Spoiler, Mopar Front Bumper Grill Badge, Hemi345 BADGE, Diablo Trinity Programmer W/91 Performance Tune from ST Motorsports,SheraDon Stage 3 Performance Transmission + 2800 Stall, Inertia Performance Heads, Inertia Spartan Plus Cam, Srt8 Headers/Exhasut Manifolds, Full SRT8 Corsa Exhaust System W/ Reso Delete, Brian Quick 5" tips, 20% UD Pulley, 85mm Ported TB, K&N 77 Series CAI, Jet Flow 180* T-Stat, Billet Catch Can, 22 Inch Flat Black Factory Reproduction SRT 8 Replicas, Eibach Lowering Springs, Power Stop Rotors, Painted Red Calipers, Bosh Iridium Plugs, Shorty Billet Antennae, Limo Tint All Around with Mopar Matte Black Front Window Decal) and Jeep Black Ops Paramedic Hood
Diablo Trinity Tuner(Best 1/4 13.29 @ 103mph,-Best 1/8 8.45 @ 84mph -Best 0-60 4.79sec