Re: 2005 Limited GC with REC Looking to upgrade to Mygig?????
I am in the same boat as you (except upgrading my standard radio) and it looks like you will need the following (pulled from another thread):
1. RER radio for Navigation (REN DOES NOT HAVE NAVIGATION)
2. MYGIG ADAPTER KIT COMBO (kit includes the adaptor itself, a cable to allow you to hook up your reverse cam/ ipod/ rer VES, an adaptor to make your current am/fm cable work, ipod cable) **DO NOT GET THE LOCKPICK**
3. Trim piece (ebay Lockpick bezel filler)
4. REC Bezel piece (REQUIRED if you don't currently have the REC navigation) **DOESN'T APPLY TO YOU SINCE YOU CURRENTLY HAVE A REC RADIO**
5. GPS antenna **DOESN'T APPLY TO YOU SINCE YOU CURRENTLY HAVE A REC RADIO**
6. Sirius antenna
I got everything except for #6 and 7 which I don't think that I will need.
Since you have UConnect, I am not sure if you need to buy a microphone (see CoastalETech's website).
You shouldn't need anything reflashed. I heard that is only for the 2011s...
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, 4.7 FFV, QT2, Firestone Destination AT, MyGig, Kicker Upgraded Speakers, Mopar Bugshield & Ventvisors, K&N FIPK, Sylvania Silverstars Headlights & Fogs, SRT Pedals & Shifter, Billet Technology Interior Accessories, Superchips, Magnaflow Muffler, SRT Sway Bar Links, Addco Front & Rear Sway Bars, F&B 70mm Throttle Body, 180° Thermostat, Mean Green 200A Alternator, and more in the works...