For those with CHR558 LockPicks there is a software update to version 1.5 available from CoastalETech's website. Downloading the firmware updater and new software file are the easy part but flashing the software is a bit challenging. Here are the proper steps as Coastal is a bit vague on their website.
1. Download the CHR558 firmware update program and version 1.5 from their USB Updates section of their website.
2. Install the Firmware Update software on your laptop
3. Use the same setup file to load the USB drivers on your laptop to communciate with the LockPick
4. FLIP THE #4 DIP SWITCH TO THE DOWN POSITION TO ENABLE FLASHING (this is the step I struggled with as there is a tiny blurb about this on the update page and it wasn't until I did this did the firmware update program finally communicate with the LockPick (this may only be required for 2014+ Jeeps)
5. Run the update utility and flash to version 1.5. You will need to go through most of the steps for the update and then turn your Jeep OFF before actually flashing the software. This took a couple of attempts to get it to talk to the LockPick with the Jeep OFF before it finally started flashing. Don't worry, I thought I had bricked the LockPick a few times but if you get the error just start the reflashing over with the update program. It tells you when you need to turn the Jeep off.
6. Even though the USB Updates section of their website says we need to keep DIP switch #4 down I found that the LockPick didn't respond until I flipped it back to the UP position. I checked the Info section in the LockPick menus and sure enough it is at v1.5 now.
I don't know what all was updated and I can't report any issues with v1.2 which I was on previously so if you aren't having any issues it may not be worth the effort to update the software.
I will confirm with Coastal about my flashing issues via e-mail and see what they say.
In other BIG news CoastalETech is soon to release (3-6 weeks) a wi-fi capable CHR558 LockPick Air which will allow screen mirroring on the 8" screen from almost all smartphones. This is something I have been asking for awhile now which allows me to put Google Maps or Waze directly on the 8" screen. Take a look at their updated MyGiG Lockpick Air website here to get an idea of what new features this next gen LockPick will have for our 2014+ Jeeps and RAMs with the 8.4" UConnect setup.