Hello Frango and Istowell!
Thanks a million for all suggestions. I have tried it all and this is the outcome:
1. The keydance gives only the indication: Done
2. The other Indications is a stedy lit engine symbol in amber and red "check gagues. and still 9 volt reading.
3. took connectors lose at the PCM and checked for humidity...nothing...sprayed with contact spray...no improvment.
4. I measured back and forth between posts and terminals vs block etc. and everything looks normal battery is 12.7 volts disconnected and when engine runs on idle (low due to related problem) and indicates between 13.3 and 15.6 volts.
5. I put a jumpcable between the negative terminal and the block, no change in any indications.
6. Messured resistans between engineblock and groundcable shoes (2) on lower part of engine (negative battery connection to engineblock. No resistance at all indicating a good connection.
7. Messured volt between negative terminal on battery and block, indicates between 0.01-0.03.
8. I also replaced the grounding cables between the exhaust, engineblock and body underneath the car...it was more or less without any contact...still no change.
I cant get my head around this problem but here are some things I find weird:
1. When starting the engine it runs normal for about 2-3 seconds (if it has been off for a period of time then its starts to sputter.
2. The exhaust smells like an old damp rag/fishy. As if the cathalytic process is inefective.
3. The odometer sort of flashes as the engine pulsates in idle...when engine sems it is about to stall the odometer blanks and immediately comes back as the engine revs back up to idle.
4. As I touch the throttle the engine hezitates and then almost stalls if I let the throttle lose the engne stabalizes for a fraction in almost normal idle just to drop back again and sputter.
5. If I manage to run the engine warm it stabalizes a bit and you can actually rev it up and drive. At high rpms it runs normal but all indications are the same.
Maybe it is the PCM? And how about the TCM what is that, which parts does it control?
Thank you for any advice....I am getting more and more pussled as we progress here.