[QUOTE=pkang21;81253]i need to get a few things cleared out
1. whats the difference between resonator, muffler, exhaust?
2. what does a performance chip do, and why do people reflash there ecu or something
3. what does the powerstick muffler replace and will i pass aircare
4. whats a bullet exhaust or muffler (w.e. its called)
5. is it possible to get my jeep to sound like
or closer to something like that. even if it means adding a bit of ricer stuff.
6.whats the difference between a series 63 and series 57 K&N CAI
1: Muffler and resonator basically do the same thing. They usually combine them to really quiet things down. Usually goes, CAT-Muffler-resonator.
2: A chip takes certain signals and modifies them before the PCM to get more performance.
-Flashed PCM changes more then just the few parameters that the chip affects.
-Tuners are the best route. They can do everything the flashed PCM route can but you can do it over and over compared to paying for each pcm refash. They can also clear/check trouble codes ETC...
3: Power stick replaces your muffler and it should not affect you passing any emissions, except possibly a visual since it is not a stock piece.
4: A bullet muffler is just a different style of muffler. Usually a race muffler.
5: Not sure what you have compared o the video.
6: One is plastic tube and one is metal tube i believe.