Gauging Interest - Supercharged 6.7 Limited, Ford 9" rear, more
Between another car project & my kids, I don't have the time for my ZJ anymore. I've been a JU member since 2000 and built this ZJ back in 2002/2003.
The body has ~80k on it. Exterior is in good condition, interior is in excellent condition.
The engine dyno'd at 414HP / 440 FtLbs at the wheels on a DynoJet (Mustang dynos read 15% higher). Estimate ~515HP, 550FtLbs at the Crank.
This would serve as the foundation for an excellent offroader.
I have no idea what 5.9's are going for, let alone modded ones.
Anyone have guidance on where to price this?
Here's a video:
* Hughes Performance built 6.7L/408 Stroker bottom end, 8.5:1 Compression forged pistons, H-Beam rods, 4" crank
* Ported & Polished R/T heads, 2.02 intake/1.62 Exhaust, port matched
* Blower cam
* 1.7 Roller Rockers
* Hughes 55mm Throttle Body (Serial Number 001 :mega
* M1 Single Plan Intake manifold
* Vortech SQ trim supercharger
* Mopar Headers
* 3" exhaust with dump after headers (opened during video)
* Return-line fuel system, Aeromotive regulator, KRC fuel rails, uprated injectors, A1000 pump w/ standalone controller, Walbro 225 in-tank pump.
* MSD Ignition box w/ timing retard control
* 2500 stall torque converter
* TCU built 231 transfer case
* 3-core aluminum radiator
* 50k# transmission cooler
* Currie built Ford 9" rear with 3:70 gears & Detroit TrueTrac (worm-gear LSD)
* Wilwood Dynalite 4 piston rear brakes
* Wilwood GN-3 6 piston front brakes
* Addco Swaybars front & rear
* Hotchkis LCAs
* H&R Sprigs
I'm sure there's more that I'm missing. I have all the receipts and can provide additional details.
* Front rotors need to be installed. I have brand new rotors in the trunk.
* Gas tank seal is leaking & needs to be replaced
* IAT sensor throwing codes, needs new sensor & likely a relocation to the intake tube ahead of the supercharger.
* Minor rust on the inside of the hood & tailgate, not visible from the exterior.
__________________ 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited WK2 Stroked & Blown Grand Cherokee 6.7 Limited
408cid Stroker / Vortech / Ford 9" / F&R Wilwoods
Re: Gauging Interest - Supercharged 6.7 Limited, Ford 9" rear, more
This is badass S&B!!!... I would love this as a side project and build into a sick wheeler……I see you built this a long time ago…..how many miles on this setup now? If I only had the space... (live in a condo downtown, and no more room for a third vehicle, or a place to tear it apart and rebuild) Saw the video comments to be 5 years old or so….and as usual youtube comments are a waste of time….hilarious nonetheless.
GL with sale….If I were you I'd list on a local 4x4 forum/Jeep forum and I'm sure someone would jump all over that. As for price to list it….unfortunately its not worth the money you've put into it…specially modded vehicles….I would say not too much above what decent condition 98 5.9L would go for. Maybe query CL and see what others are fetching.
07 Jeep JKUR, built not bought!
BW 2015 Jeep SRT