Ok, no laughing but I decided to throw together a HDR (Home Depot Racing
) intake pipe, as I was looking at my old K&N I had modified for another project. It's mostly temporary, but had to do something about those oem 'things'. I'm not sure if it may be too big and want to experiment down the road with going to a smaller (3" or whatever the TB size is) in a long cone fashion. For now though, what an improvement!
So, thought I'd share. I'll probably paint it and clean it up some (shaving/shaping), but for now...
sorry for bad quality was getting dark
front shot, ugly wires still there, lol.
I had to support it, so out came a scrap piece of steel and modified a little; being this is a quickie, it's not all done yet. I put a 1/2" SS tube on the lathe and opened it up a bit to act as a spacer
and what to do for the IAT...I took some measurements of the oem and replicated an aluminum piece on the lathe. The fun part was the notch and used the dremel there. not the cleanest, but worked. I JB welded it to the tube to hold it on.
yeah, I know the filter needs to be cleaned
that thing is a trooper. Bought it for my ZR2, put it on 5.9, modified it for use on the VR-4 and now it goes on the WK..ha ha