Re: Opinions? FlashPaq vs Predator
I don't think they're done working on the Predator yet. Once they get all the features finished and uploaded, it will be unbeatable, IMO. There are no transmission adjustments, but a transmission sub-heading is there. I've twice set mine for raised shiftpoints and it's not working. Set the rev-limiter too, but can't get close to that RPM because of the shiftpoints. Here are the things I like most:
1. Ability to upgrade CALID flash files. With this you can update your WK's PCM/TCM to the latest files from DCX. These new CALID's also incorporate many of the TSB's for the various years.
2. Performance 87, 91 and 93 octane tunes. Try them all!!
3. The ability to modify the stock tune.
4. The ability to adjust WOT timing.
5. The ability to adjust WOT fuel mixture.
6. The ability to adjust throttle sensitivity. (my favorite). If your throttle is touchy and sensitive (leaps and hard to effectively and safely modulate) like mine was, you'll love this one. I am still adjusting mine. I think I am almost there. Currently I've got it set and (-)10.
7. The ability to set cooling fan turn on schedule. I haven't tried this yet with WK tuner, but the one on my LX vehicle works great.
Be patient. It took awhile for the DS folks to get everything up and running on the LX vehicles, and I am sure it's the same for the WK's. I.E. the LX tuner CROM file updates are up to No.21 now. The WK CROM file updates are only on No. 6.