If you are meaning the bonnet protector then here are a few tips
1) lay a sheet over the engine bay so that when you drop the screws, washers and little plastic plugs (and you will) the can be easily found again,
2) The rubber shield on the bonnet ( above the air intake) needs to be peeled awau easily ... do on a warm day ... to expose the plug holes
3) Start screwing from the centre out
4) make sure you push the protector up to engage the lugs on the plastic plugs or the plugs will just spin
5) The 2014 model needs to have the plastic cut away slightly in the middle to fit around the hood latch ... test fit and mark out .... use a dremel to cut the plastic .... If you dont do this then the protector will rub on the grille facia.
I painted mine black ..... paint the back side ....NOT the front