Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Modifications & Enhancements > Visual Modifications

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #13  
Old 03-09-2011, 08:52 PM
boss_hemi's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2005 5.7L WK
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Jackson, Michigan
Posts: 162
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 2021
boss_hemi is on a distinguished road
Re: Painting Question?

i did it to my skirts as a temporary mod until i get the srt8 skirts. i work at a body shop and i did it all there. i sanded them down about 80% with 320 sand paper on a D.A. then the remaining 20% with 420. then i scuffed them with a scuff pad with scuff cleaner, then used adhesive promotor after wiping them down with thinner. sprayed primer, blocked the primer with 420, cleaned them again. got em in the booth, tac ragged em n sprayed. looks perfect
__________________

__________________
BOSS_HEMI
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-10-2011, 05:08 AM
JEden8's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2007 4.7L WK
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 159
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1583
JEden8 is on a distinguished road
Re: Painting Question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss_hemi View Post
i did it to my skirts as a temporary mod until i get the srt8 skirts. i work at a body shop and i did it all there. i sanded them down about 80% with 320 sand paper on a D.A. then the remaining 20% with 420. then i scuffed them with a scuff pad with scuff cleaner, then used adhesive promotor after wiping them down with thinner. sprayed primer, blocked the primer with 420, cleaned them again. got em in the booth, tac ragged em n sprayed. looks perfect
For your skirts, how much did you tape off? I don't want all the metallic getting all over the paint. I'm asking cause this is on the agenda to do sometime soon.
__________________

__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-10-2011, 07:01 AM
boss_hemi's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2005 5.7L WK
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Jackson, Michigan
Posts: 162
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 2021
boss_hemi is on a distinguished road
Re: Painting Question?

i took them off the jeep and got new rivets to re-install them, but if you dont want to remove them i suggest you tape off your whole jeep. overspray gets everywhere
__________________
BOSS_HEMI
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-10-2011, 09:20 AM
06RC22's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2006 3.7L WK
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,091
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 375602
06RC22 has a reputation beyond repute06RC22 has a reputation beyond repute06RC22 has a reputation beyond repute06RC22 has a reputation beyond repute06RC22 has a reputation beyond repute06RC22 has a reputation beyond repute06RC22 has a reputation beyond repute06RC22 has a reputation beyond repute06RC22 has a reputation beyond repute06RC22 has a reputation beyond repute06RC22 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Painting Question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss_hemi View Post
i did it to my skirts as a temporary mod until i get the srt8 skirts. i work at a body shop and i did it all there. i sanded them down about 80% with 320 sand paper on a D.A. then the remaining 20% with 420. then i scuffed them with a scuff pad with scuff cleaner, then used adhesive promotor after wiping them down with thinner. sprayed primer, blocked the primer with 420, cleaned them again. got em in the booth, tac ragged em n sprayed. looks perfect
Your jeep is Stone White correct? When are you planning on getting the srt side skirts? Would you consider selling your painted skirts? I would definitely be interested!
__________________
-Randall-
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:thumbsup:
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-10-2011, 10:01 PM
boss_hemi's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2005 5.7L WK
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Jackson, Michigan
Posts: 162
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 2021
boss_hemi is on a distinguished road
Re: Painting Question?

might be late summer if i even get them. i have somebody interested in buying the jeep otherwise i'd do a trade plus cash with u and just re-paint yours lol. yeah its stone white too. if i could get a good deal on some srt skirts i'd do it in a heartbeat but i can't find any good deals. im not payin $275 per side thats insane lol.
__________________
BOSS_HEMI
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-10-2011, 11:31 PM
06RC22's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2006 3.7L WK
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,091
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 375602
06RC22 has a reputation beyond repute06RC22 has a reputation beyond repute06RC22 has a reputation beyond repute06RC22 has a reputation beyond repute06RC22 has a reputation beyond repute06RC22 has a reputation beyond repute06RC22 has a reputation beyond repute06RC22 has a reputation beyond repute06RC22 has a reputation beyond repute06RC22 has a reputation beyond repute06RC22 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Painting Question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss_hemi View Post
might be late summer if i even get them. i have somebody interested in buying the jeep otherwise i'd do a trade plus cash with u and just re-paint yours lol. yeah its stone white too. if i could get a good deal on some srt skirts i'd do it in a heartbeat but i can't find any good deals. im not payin $275 per side thats insane lol.
Well keep me posted bro that would be easy money for ya lol. id love to do it
__________________
-Randall-
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:thumbsup:
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-11-2011, 06:22 AM
GCL06's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
Posts: 644
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 2517
GCL06 has a reputation beyond reputeGCL06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Painting Question?

Anyone used truckbedliner for this? I feel like that might work out well
__________________
Nick, 18 and learning - 06 WK, 3.7L V6 Laredo

4" Superlift, 33x12.50 Toyo Open Country Mud Terrains on 18" KMC Rockstars without center caps, red interior LEDs, 10k HID headlights, Thrush Welded Muffler, custom PVC CAI, power wire, ported/polish throttle body, Hunter brushguard, shorty antenna, Rola roof basket
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-11-2011, 10:02 AM
DAVY27's Avatar
Premium Member
Photobucket
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: City that Never Sleeps
Posts: 9,272
Thanks: 471
Thanked 206 Times in 180 Posts
Rep Power: 1660280
DAVY27 has a reputation beyond reputeDAVY27 has a reputation beyond reputeDAVY27 has a reputation beyond reputeDAVY27 has a reputation beyond reputeDAVY27 has a reputation beyond reputeDAVY27 has a reputation beyond reputeDAVY27 has a reputation beyond reputeDAVY27 has a reputation beyond reputeDAVY27 has a reputation beyond reputeDAVY27 has a reputation beyond reputeDAVY27 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Send a message via AIM to DAVY27
Re: Painting Question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEden8 View Post
I'll put together a "How To" as soon as I buff them with the finished product later this week and I'll post a link from here for ya.
looking forward to it! i need to do my sides and maybe redo my airdam
__________________

__________________

2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT Design
SRT Exterior,Magnaflow 14590 w/ SRT resonators,V2 CF Medic Hood,Injen Powerflow Intake,Flying Ryan Ported TB,Custom Painted Halo Headlights,HID lows/fogs,SRT Springs,Stillens,Gloss Black SRT Reps,Mopar Spoiler, Custom Painted Moldings with Snakeskin green GC letterings, Mopar Stripe,Tinted LED tails/rear fogs, TLS Harness,Switchbacks, Stage6 5" Tips,Custom Door Handle Leds,5% Tint,Altec Plate,HID Reverse,Mopar Front Emblem/ Rear Logo,Powerwire,Interior Leds,RGB LED cupholders,Mygig,Weathertech Mats,LXHarness Leds,Rear Cargo Light Mod,Lockpic V4,GlossBlack Vinyl Interior Pieces
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Painting Front Grill Question JeepMe Visual Modifications 6 04-17-2013 11:14 AM
seat painting sweetjeep99 Grand Cherokee - WK 8 02-09-2011 03:09 PM
Painting the bumper!!! latino277 Interior/Exterior/Visual 2 11-05-2010 09:42 AM
Headlight Painting RiverCityWK Visual Modifications 5 07-02-2010 10:07 AM
Painting your vehicle... Matteo Visual Modifications 28 09-14-2009 10:01 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by Chrysler Group LLC.