Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 -

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 07-17-2014, 04:59 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 239
BreakOnThrough is on a distinguished road
1st software update

They just did my first software update on my 2014 Jeep grand Cherokee summit with hemi.

Should there be a 3G to the upper right of the apps icon with a little blue circle around it?
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-17-2014, 05:40 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,366
Thanks: 31
Thanked 79 Times in 72 Posts
Rep Power: 43809
lstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 1st software update

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakOnThrough View Post
They just did my first software update on my 2014 Jeep grand Cherokee summit with hemi.

Should there be a 3G to the upper right of the apps icon with a little blue circle around it?
Yes... it should if you are in north america.

You can check your version [current is 14.05.03] unless you've been blessed with 14.22.13...
On the Apps [or Settings] button on the main screen, then go to Tools, and from there to Settings. Scroll down to System Information and the Software and Map version is displayed.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-24-2014, 08:24 AM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 860
2012JGCOVERLAND is on a distinguished road
Re: 1st software update

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstowell View Post
Yes... it should if you are in north america.

You can check your version [current is 14.05.03] unless you've been blessed with 14.22.13...
On the Apps [or Settings] button on the main screen, then go to Tools, and from there to Settings. Scroll down to System Information and the Software and Map version is displayed.
What is the advantage of the 14.22.13? Mine is 13.48.3. It was in today for a check engine and they said they updated the software, but it still is current if 14.05 is. Do I just need to ask?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-24-2014, 10:13 AM
GCLimited's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mass
Posts: 901
Thanks: 0
Thanked 40 Times in 31 Posts
Rep Power: 3479
GCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 1st software update

The most current version that came out 7/22/14 is:

14.25.05

I just loaded this in yesterday at lunch, and not only is the back-up camera picture better (nice and smooth now...no stuttering), but the radio seems to boot-up faster too.

__________________
Still waiting for the next V6 transmission update from Chrysler!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-24-2014, 11:23 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 153
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 412
TypeRod has a reputation beyond reputeTypeRod has a reputation beyond reputeTypeRod has a reputation beyond reputeTypeRod has a reputation beyond reputeTypeRod has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 1st software update

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCLimited View Post
The most current version that came out 7/22/14 is:

14.25.05

I just loaded this in yesterday at lunch, and not only is the back-up camera picture better (nice and smooth now...no stuttering), but the radio seems to boot-up faster too.

Where is the procedure on how to update it ourselves? I can't seem to find it, I thought someone posted it on here somewhere. Thanks!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-24-2014, 11:32 AM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,366
Thanks: 31
Thanked 79 Times in 72 Posts
Rep Power: 43809
lstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 1st software update

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012JGCOVERLAND View Post
What is the advantage of the 14.22.13? Mine is 13.48.3. It was in today for a check engine and they said they updated the software, but it still is current if 14.05 is. Do I just need to ask?
Current, as of 22 July is 14.25.05. The prior N/A current was 14.05.03
You can get it from the Uconnect web site with your VIN.
The changelist is in the premium section on this forum.

The Uconnect web site instructions have you do it without the engine running, however many folks do it with the engine running, so you have A/C, etc while the upgrade is going on.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-24-2014, 02:57 PM
GCLimited's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mass
Posts: 901
Thanks: 0
Thanked 40 Times in 31 Posts
Rep Power: 3479
GCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 1st software update

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstowell View Post

The Uconnect web site instructions have you do it without the engine running, however many folks do it with the engine running, so you have A/C, etc while the upgrade is going on.
Or you can just put your windows down first before you perform the download...



The download only took about 10 minutes for me.
__________________

__________________
Still waiting for the next V6 transmission update from Chrysler!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1st time Jeep owner, 1st time poster here Leonidas Audio/Visual/Navigation 0 08-21-2013 10:45 PM
Upcoming 430n Software Update dsmith14 Audio/Visual/Navigation 3 01-08-2011 11:56 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community