So I just upgraded to the new 2016 75th anniversary limited edition.
First, I loved my 2011 x package. I put 83K miles on the car over a 5 year period. It was really hard to see it go. I never had any problems with the car (except for the engine check light at 25K for the cylinder head problem, also did the TIPM recall, visor recall, etc), only service was oil changes (only used synthetic). I went with the x package because I hated all the chrome on the car, in fact I took off the grand cherokee chrome strips off the side to clean it up. My only regret was not getting the hemi and it haunted me for awhile, but I found relief in not putting 89 octane in, not changing the plugs ever 30K, and not getting awful mileage in the city (I live and work in San Francisco). The car treked through the redwood forests of Northern California, tackled the Sierras, and beach dunes in Pismo, just to name a few.
But now onto the 75th limited. Some thoughts:
1. Wow, I don't regret getting the hemi this time. The new PUG with the 8 speed transmission is such a huge improvement over the 5 speed. The difference is even significant in eco non sport mode.
2. I love the air suspension and how it lowers in the front at highway speeds for aero mode.
3. Don't like that there is only 1 USB in the front. I use an IPOD and my phone to charge and it sucks that they don't have the extra USB in the middle box compartment.
4. The alpine system sounds a little better than the 2011 alpine system, however the bluetooth was much better in the 2011. Playing music through bluetooth on the uconnect 8.4 sounds flat. The bluetooth on the 430N was much better.
5. The seats on the 75th are so much better. The x package came with leather, but this leather is so much nicer. My 75th also has the perforated seats and I really like the tangerine stitching.
6. I like the fact that they painted the lower panels black instead of the plastic. The plastic on my 2011 was definitely starting to fade. However my concern is if the paint scratches. Does anyone know the paint code for the lower painted black trim?
7. My 2011 had a moonroof but I love the pano roof the extends to the second row.
8. Love the HID tail and headlights, really modernizes the car.
9. I don't the Goodyear Wrangler AT tires. I had Michelin LT2 on my 2011 and loved those. I feel like the Goodyear's are too aggressive looking.
10. On my 2011 I powerded coated the wheels flat black, so I was over the black wheel look and so far I'm enjoying the bronze wheels. I like the 18's design over the 20's design, but would prefer a 20" wheel. My only hope is that the bronze doesn't become a novelty and is outdated in 2 years.
11. My wife also loves the electronic steering. She said its so much easier driving and turning the car. I also like how we can change the feeling of the steering wheel from normal to sport.
12. I stayed with the white with black interior, just think it looks really sharp, clean and modern. However my 2011 was stone white and the 75th is bright white. Definitely love the bright white over the stone white.
13. I wish they put heated seat buttons on the console like the 2011, its kinda inconvenient to change thru the 8.4 system. However it is nice having heated seats in the back.
14. Don't like the chrome rails guards on the trunk floor, not a fan. However with the rubber floor mat I don't see it.
15. Its also nice having the automatic liftgate.
I already have the grand cherokee rubber floors mats and trunk mat. I'm also purchased the SRT pedal kit (had this on my 2011 and it looked great). I'm also going to debadge the side of the car, the 1941 and Grand Cherokee and trail rated badge is too busy. I'm going to leave the trail rated badge on.
75th sticker price: $48,215
Got $4,700 off MSRP and with the $1500 Jeep incentive, ended up getting $6,220 off for a total price of $41,995. Truecar says I got an exceptional price. Average paid was $45,570.
Hope I did ok?
Anyways let me know if anyone has any questions.