2011 Grand Cherokee Overland Summit Edition - Page 44 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 -

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #517  
Old 01-31-2011, 05:00 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 175
Thanks: 9
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 2516
dnizzle2010 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland Summit Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesark View Post
Just saw a summit edition in person at my dealership...IMO its WAY overdone. To me the overland with saddle has a classy look, but the summit is just cheesy. They said the response to it so far hasn't been good and that most people think the saddle dash is just to much. This was before I told them I didn't care for it.
Very good to know which is also why I'm keeping tabs on these and want to see them in person...my new order is still being built so I can always revise...unprecedented (for me at least) to purchase a car sight unseen so this entire forum is extremely helpful...at this point additional pictures have diminishing returns, it's about me seeing this car in person

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #518  
Old 01-31-2011, 05:46 PM
Hollywood's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 739
Thanks: 4
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 3106
Hollywood has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland Summit Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesark View Post
Just saw a summit edition in person at my dealership...IMO its WAY overdone. To me the overland with saddle has a classy look, but the summit is just cheesy. They said the response to it so far hasn't been good and that most people think the saddle dash is just to much. This was before I told them I didn't care for it.
I have to agree.
__________________


2011 WK2 Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4 Edition 5.7L V8
Mineral Grey / Light-Dark Frost Beige Interior
Every option available except Rear Entertainment, (No kids - Panoroof Instead!)

"OVERLAND"; The American Range Rover!,
and a 1998 Grand Cherokee Limited with 210K that's still goin' Strong!!
Reply With Quote
  #519  
Old 01-31-2011, 06:04 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2011 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 545
Thanks: 13
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 2917
netcoolery has a reputation beyond reputenetcoolery has a reputation beyond reputenetcoolery has a reputation beyond reputenetcoolery has a reputation beyond reputenetcoolery has a reputation beyond reputenetcoolery has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland Summit Edition

To be honest, I bought a Summit and I can take or leave having the leather on the dash. I do like the extra on the side panels and the change in wood color.

The main reason I went for the Summit was that I wanted Saddle and was tired of waiting - plus the Rugged Brown was my first exterior choice anyway. Had the Saddle not been on hold for regular Overlands, I would probably have gone with the regular Overland and my second choice in exterior color.

I'm also fairly neutral about the extra chrome - don't dislike it, but it wasn't something I was dying to get either. Tastes vary.
__________________
2011 Overland Summit
Rugged Brown
Off Road Group II
Michelin LTX A/T2
Reply With Quote
  #520  
Old 01-31-2011, 06:42 PM
Dan JGC's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,609
Thanks: 29
Thanked 210 Times in 156 Posts
Rep Power: 5859
Dan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland Summit Edition

On the Summit the wheels are better, the chrome fog lamp bezels are nice, the grill insert may be more than some want. The black olive wood is very upscale. The extra saddle on the dash and upper doors isnt that much more and may take a bit to sink in on the dash....but looks great against the black olive wood....black leather against the black olive wood not be as classy. The YouTube video looked great....
__________________
||||||| 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 4x4 V8 in Bright White Clear Coat exterior with Grand Canyon Jeep Brown interior. |||||||
Reply With Quote
  #521  
Old 01-31-2011, 07:03 PM
joebinotto's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 367
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 2693
joebinotto is on a distinguished road
Re: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland Summit Edition

I was not too keen on the interior when I first saw it and had my heart set on the pearl green with saddle Overland. But like Netcoolery, I wanted the saddle and got tired of the restrictions. I had always wanted the tech package and when they released the rugged brown Summit, it made my decision. The interior grew on me & I think I am going to like it more than the regular saddle interior. However, I too want to see it in the flesh. I am tracking one to my dealership & expect to see it soon.
__________________
2011 Rugged Brown Summit 4X4 V6!
Reply With Quote
  #522  
Old 01-31-2011, 07:22 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2011 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 545
Thanks: 13
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 2917
netcoolery has a reputation beyond reputenetcoolery has a reputation beyond reputenetcoolery has a reputation beyond reputenetcoolery has a reputation beyond reputenetcoolery has a reputation beyond reputenetcoolery has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland Summit Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan JGC View Post
On the Summit the wheels are better
Not if you get ORAG II - That's why I wish they'd given us a break on that option (vs what it costs for a normal Overland) since they are taking off more expensive wheels.
__________________
2011 Overland Summit
Rugged Brown
Off Road Group II
Michelin LTX A/T2
Reply With Quote
  #523  
Old 01-31-2011, 07:38 PM
Dan JGC's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,609
Thanks: 29
Thanked 210 Times in 156 Posts
Rep Power: 5859
Dan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland Summit Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by netcoolery View Post
Not if you get ORAG II - That's why I wish they'd given us a break on that option (vs what it costs for a normal Overland) since they are taking off more expensive wheels.
Agreed....the pricing isn't right on that option.

Also, with respect to saddle, I'm with joebinotto....the more pictures I see the more I like it. At first I wasn't keen on the saddle at all...even the 2/3's saddle in the Overland. But after seeing a saddle Overland, I can see the richness of it....and add in the black olive wood on the Summit and I really like it. I have had so many dark grey to black interiors that I welcome the distinctive saddle in the Summit.
__________________
||||||| 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 4x4 V8 in Bright White Clear Coat exterior with Grand Canyon Jeep Brown interior. |||||||
Reply With Quote
  #524  
Old 01-31-2011, 09:03 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 175
Thanks: 9
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 2516
dnizzle2010 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland Summit Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by netcoolery View Post
To be honest, I bought a Summit and I can take or leave having the leather on the dash. I do like the extra on the side panels and the change in wood color.

The main reason I went for the Summit was that I wanted Saddle and was tired of waiting - plus the Rugged Brown was my first exterior choice anyway. Had the Saddle not been on hold for regular Overlands, I would probably have gone with the regular Overland and my second choice in exterior color.

I'm also fairly neutral about the extra chrome - don't dislike it, but it wasn't something I was dying to get either. Tastes vary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan JGC View Post
On the Summit the wheels are better, the chrome fog lamp bezels are nice, the grill insert may be more than some want. The black olive wood is very upscale. The extra saddle on the dash and upper doors isnt that much more and may take a bit to sink in on the dash....but looks great against the black olive wood....black leather against the black olive wood not be as classy. The YouTube video looked great....
@ netcoolery + DanJGC : there are some good thoughts in these threads re: summit vs. overland...I too have a pending (summit) order like Dan. Surprised I didn't see too much written about the chrome tubular side steps...Netcoolery, what do you think of these? Honestly, the side steps are the biggest thing that I could do without...I saw saddle interior live a month ago in Florida, I was sold on it (i'm fine w/saddle dash)...but the side steps to me 'may' take away from the exterior profile, but interested in your thoughts, netcoolery...i realize that i'm not 100% right in the head for purchasing this car sight unseen, but I just figured I could take these side steps off if I don't like them...although (like Dan) I thought chrome fog light bezels, wheels, and grille (sort of) were cool.
Reply With Quote
  #525  
Old 01-31-2011, 09:13 PM
Dan JGC's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,609
Thanks: 29
Thanked 210 Times in 156 Posts
Rep Power: 5859
Dan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland Summit Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnizzle2010 View Post
@ netcoolery + DanJGC : there are some good thoughts in these threads re: summit vs. overland...I too have a pending (summit) order like Dan. Surprised I didn't see too much written about the chrome tubular side steps...Netcoolery, what do you think of these? Honestly, the side steps are the biggest thing that I could do without...I saw saddle interior live a month ago in Florida, I was sold on it (i'm fine w/saddle dash)...but the side steps to me 'may' take away from the exterior profile, but interested in your thoughts, netcoolery...i realize that i'm not 100% right in the head for purchasing this car sight unseen, but I just figured I could take these side steps off if I don't like them...although (like Dan) I thought chrome fog light bezels, wheels, and grille (sort of) were cool.
There aren't any side steps on the Summit. So, no need to take them off!
__________________
||||||| 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 4x4 V8 in Bright White Clear Coat exterior with Grand Canyon Jeep Brown interior. |||||||
Reply With Quote
  #526  
Old 01-31-2011, 10:41 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 175
Thanks: 9
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 2516
dnizzle2010 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland Summit Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan JGC View Post
There aren't any side steps on the Summit. So, no need to take them off!
Ahhhhh, my bad...the website shows "chrome edition group by mopar" even for a Summit configuration but no one trusts the website. I just looked at my order again and noticed that the 25R package does not include side steps. It makes better sense now, and better yet I'm fine with it. Thanks again.
Reply With Quote
  #527  
Old 02-01-2011, 12:23 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2011 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 545
Thanks: 13
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 2917
netcoolery has a reputation beyond reputenetcoolery has a reputation beyond reputenetcoolery has a reputation beyond reputenetcoolery has a reputation beyond reputenetcoolery has a reputation beyond reputenetcoolery has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland Summit Edition

dnizzle2010 - One more thought ... we spend a lot of time talking about the "trees" here on the forum - because we're Jeep nuts. But the "forest" is all about how wonderful your new Jeep is going to be when you get it (same for me!)

Once I made up my mind and placed my order, I really haven't looked back. There's so much about the new WK2 that excites me, I'm sure I'll be walking on air when the long wait for the vehicle is over.
__________________
2011 Overland Summit
Rugged Brown
Off Road Group II
Michelin LTX A/T2
Reply With Quote
  #528  
Old 02-01-2011, 12:29 AM
joebinotto's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 367
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 2693
joebinotto is on a distinguished road
Re: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland Summit Edition

I agree netcoolery! Once I made up my mind, no other vehicle could sway me (no matter how hard I tried). But not sure I will survive the wait!
__________________
2011 Rugged Brown Summit 4X4 V6!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2006 Grand Cherokee Overland won't start ! MrPostmanSAV Troubleshooting/Problems 24 11-29-2012 03:26 AM
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Robert Palmer Members Rides 43 04-11-2011 01:54 PM
my 2004 Grand Cherokee Special Edition mrjaydeeone Members Rides 12 06-09-2010 08:05 PM
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Volume 2 Robert Palmer Members Rides 45 08-12-2009 11:11 PM
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Puppetmaster_sr Members Rides 10 06-01-2009 10:03 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.