Originally Posted by kelvar13
10-15% is a good deal in my opinion. Just have to be patient and firm with the dealer. If you dont have to have it right away let the dealer sit on it for a few days then call back. I guarantee if they hold it for a week you'll be able to get a few extra bucks out of the deal.
I think it is where your are at. I went to 3 dealers and only one would negotiate. One dealer had a markup 2k over MSRP and refused to talk about lowering it.
If dealers are having a hard time moving cars, they are willing to lose the dealer kickback to meet quota bonuses. The day I picked up my Jeep the sales person was moving 3 cars (on a Wednesday night!). So they were selling.
I was also willing to pay 1k more to build a relationship with the dealership in town, I will be getting all my services done there and the dealership was the best one to work with out of the 3.