2014 - 15 Shifter Recall - Update - Page 9 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 -

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #97  
Old 10-13-2016, 05:09 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 11
Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 664
beagle is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 - 15 Shifter Recall - Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGC_Larry View Post
'buggered' is what happens to new prison inmates.

All in god fun. Australia is great. The only country to have fought side by side with the US in every major conflict in the last 100 years (including Viet Nam and Iraq), the only other country to still love V8's, and an solid immigration policy.

I post this picture in honor of you...

Let me rephrase it then...you had me confused....lol...

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #98  
Old 10-13-2016, 05:51 PM
clirry's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: RI
Posts: 194
Thanks: 7
Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Rep Power: 1526
clirry is a jewel in the rough
Re: 2014 - 15 Shifter Recall - Update

Just had it updated last week... big regret but no choice and live and deal w it.

Guess its time for me to find a dummy seat belt to bypass when I open door so i could drive onto ramps.
__________________
[IMG][/IMG]
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 10-13-2016, 06:01 PM
bill_de's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2017 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8,597
Thanks: 732
Thanked 1,064 Times in 825 Posts
Rep Power: 1805962
bill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 - 15 Shifter Recall - Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by clirry View Post
Just had it updated last week... big regret but no choice and live and deal w it.

Guess its time for me to find a dummy seat belt to bypass when I open door so i could drive onto ramps.
I'm confused again. If it is only for those times you are pulling on a ramp, can't you just buckle your seat belt behind you?

--
__________________
If you need a shoulder to cry on ...
... pull over to the side of the road!

Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 10-13-2016, 06:04 PM
clirry's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: RI
Posts: 194
Thanks: 7
Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Rep Power: 1526
clirry is a jewel in the rough
Re: 2014 - 15 Shifter Recall - Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_de View Post
I'm confused again. If it is only for those times you are pulling on a ramp, can't you just buckle your seat belt behind you?

--
Yeah, but I don't think my back would feel comfortable when seat belt is behind my back? Comfortable? If for oil change or something, I could throw dummy one in if cheap...
__________________
[IMG][/IMG]
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old 10-15-2016, 09:06 AM
NetworkTV's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 847
Thanks: 3
Thanked 195 Times in 147 Posts
Rep Power: 12549
NetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 - 15 Shifter Recall - Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by clirry View Post
Yeah, but I don't think my back would feel comfortable when seat belt is behind my back? Comfortable? If for oil change or something, I could throw dummy one in if cheap...
It's a fabric strap.

Unless you have it all twisted up and incorrectly adjusted to your height, it should lay flat against the seat back behind you when you're sitting there. Unless you've hit the brakes really hard a moment ago, it will also allow as much belt to play out as needed to conform to the contours of the seat, meaning it should all but be unnoticeable unless you're naked - which would be some other issue completely.

The buckle will also be exactly where it would be if the belt was in front of you, so it's not going to poke at you.

This isn't like the bar in the middle of a sofa bed that bites into your back all night.

Heck, even if the belt behind you bothers you, just grab the passenger side belt, pull it out enough to reach over the console and plug that into the driver's side socket.
__________________
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl Coat

Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 10-15-2016, 09:12 AM
NetworkTV's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 847
Thanks: 3
Thanked 195 Times in 147 Posts
Rep Power: 12549
NetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 - 15 Shifter Recall - Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by beagle View Post
You had me buggered there for a minute with the video, then I realized it was a LHD vehicle. We drive on the correct side of the road over here...lol...Mine's in tomorrow for the update.
No, you drive on the wrong side....

...we drive on the RIGHT....

__________________
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl Coat

Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 10-15-2016, 09:24 AM
bill_de's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2017 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8,597
Thanks: 732
Thanked 1,064 Times in 825 Posts
Rep Power: 1805962
bill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 - 15 Shifter Recall - Update

I was thinking about when I helped my uncle in his gas station. We always had the door open pulling a car onto the lift. Can't imagine doing that while leaning back against the seat. But I guess if the seat belt extender was recommended on the internet, it is a must have item. Even if it isn't necessary, if it helps somebody, they should have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV View Post
It's a fabric strap.

Unless you have it all twisted up and incorrectly adjusted to your height, it should lay flat against the seat back behind you when you're sitting there. Unless you've hit the brakes really hard a moment ago, it will also allow as much belt to play out as needed to conform to the contours of the seat, meaning it should all but be unnoticeable unless you're naked - which would be some other issue completely.

The buckle will also be exactly where it would be if the belt was in front of you, so it's not going to poke at you.

This isn't like the bar in the middle of a sofa bed that bites into your back all night.

Heck, even if the belt behind you bothers you, just grab the passenger side belt, pull it out enough to reach over the console and plug that into the driver's side socket.
__________________
If you need a shoulder to cry on ...
... pull over to the side of the road!

Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 10-15-2016, 09:37 AM
NetworkTV's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 847
Thanks: 3
Thanked 195 Times in 147 Posts
Rep Power: 12549
NetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 - 15 Shifter Recall - Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_de View Post
I was thinking about when I helped my uncle in his gas station. We always had the door open pulling a car onto the lift. Can't imagine doing that while leaning back against the seat. But I guess if the seat belt extender was recommended on the internet, it is a must have item. Even if it isn't necessary, if it helps somebody, they should have it.
You don't have to lean back against the seat if you don't want to. That's why you have the belt behind you - so you can lean out of the door to see, instead of being pinned to the seat.

However, if you do lean back, the belt will have no trouble laying flat behind you so you won't feel it.
__________________
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl Coat

Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 10-15-2016, 10:03 AM
clirry's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: RI
Posts: 194
Thanks: 7
Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Rep Power: 1526
clirry is a jewel in the rough
Re: 2014 - 15 Shifter Recall - Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV View Post
You don't have to lean back against the seat if you don't want to. That's why you have the belt behind you - so you can lean out of the door to see, instead of being pinned to the seat.

However, if you do lean back, the belt will have no trouble laying flat behind you so you won't feel it.
Haha yeah, I know... but, more hassles to put seat belt on.. dummy one seems more easier? But yep I will just accept and live w it. It's no big deal though. 😀
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2014, update

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shifter Recall 2014/15 is SOFTWARE ONLY Asorr1 Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 15 05-21-2016 06:11 PM
Shifter recall coming not_too_shabby Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 97 05-03-2016 01:16 PM
Shifter cover for the 8-speed "T" shifter Rule62 Interior/Exterior/Visual/Lighting 4 12-02-2014 11:18 PM
Recall 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Fuel Pump Issues Recall 9/20/2014 irishsaver Site News, Help, and Feedback 4 10-18-2014 04:17 PM

» Premium Vendor Showcase
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.