Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 -

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 06-26-2014, 09:31 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 71
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 583
asdad123 is on a distinguished road
2014 Dashboard Rattle?

Hey guys,

I have a 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited with Lux II with approx. 2250 miles on it. In the last hundred miles or so, I began hearing an annoying rattle coming from the general area of the dashboard. It seems like it is coming from the center or so and sounds like something is loose and making the noise. Has anyone had a rattle like this and were you able to get it figured out without taking it to the dealer?

Im bringing it in for an oil change at 3000, and will definitely bring the rattle up to the dealer, but would like to know if theres any ideas on what it could be.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-28-2014, 01:23 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
kauffee is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Dashboard Rattle?

There are a number of threads on dashboard rattles on the GC. Search those. I have it too on rougher pavement types. Sounds like a fly is stuck under my dash. It's only noticeable with the radio off or if it's playing non-music. I'm also taking mine in for its first service and I'll ask them about it. Keep us posted.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-28-2014, 04:38 PM
Paullee01's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 139
Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 538
Paullee01 has a reputation beyond reputePaullee01 has a reputation beyond reputePaullee01 has a reputation beyond reputePaullee01 has a reputation beyond reputePaullee01 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Dashboard Rattle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdad123 View Post
Hey guys,

I have a 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited with Lux II with approx. 2250 miles on it. In the last hundred miles or so, I began hearing an annoying rattle coming from the general area of the dashboard. It seems like it is coming from the center or so and sounds like something is loose and making the noise. Has anyone had a rattle like this and were you able to get it figured out without taking it to the dealer?

Im bringing it in for an oil change at 3000, and will definitely bring the rattle up to the dealer, but would like to know if theres any ideas on what it could be.
My sun-glass holder rattles sometimes.
__________________
2014 Grand Cherokee Limited 3.6L, Tinted windows, Sill guards, Body molding, CXV running boards, Mud flaps, WeatherTech window deflectors, Zeigler lifetime maxcare

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-28-2014, 06:26 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern Va
Posts: 207
Thanks: 121
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 1791
chucksc is on a distinguished road
2014 Dashboard Rattle?

My drawers rattle too sometimes. Especially after eating at Taco Bell! Lolz

Good thing I have ventilated seats, eh?


Sent from my iPad using JeepGarage
__________________
2014.5 V6 Grand Cherokee Summit - Black/Black
2014 V6 - Cherokee Latitude 4x4 Black/black
2006 BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster Black/Black
2011 Mercedes C300 4Matic..
(retired) 2001 V8 (4.7) Limited -60th Anniv. Silverstone/Taupe
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-29-2014, 07:27 PM
silvermax04's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,079
Thanks: 36
Thanked 81 Times in 62 Posts
Rep Power: 2092
silvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Dashboard Rattle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdad123 View Post
Hey guys,

I have a 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited with Lux II with approx. 2250 miles on it. In the last hundred miles or so, I began hearing an annoying rattle coming from the general area of the dashboard. It seems like it is coming from the center or so and sounds like something is loose and making the noise. Has anyone had a rattle like this and were you able to get it figured out without taking it to the dealer?

Im bringing it in for an oil change at 3000, and will definitely bring the rattle up to the dealer, but would like to know if theres any ideas on what it could be.
I had a rattle/buzz/vibration type of sound that I swore was coming from in the dash behind the uconnect screen. heard it most under acceleration and hitting bumps fairly loud and annoying, lived with it for about 2 months dreading taking it in for the dealer to dig into the dash. I tried everything I could think of then one day I reached up and put my hand on the plastic cover behind the review mirror where the camera and rain sense wiper sensor is and it immediately stopped moved it around a little and problem solved. the plastic cover was vibrating against the windshield. anyway where the noise is actually coming from can be very deceptive, try checking that plastic cover that could be it. good luck
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to silvermax04 For This Useful Post:
  #6  
Old 06-29-2014, 10:32 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 71
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 583
asdad123 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Dashboard Rattle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvermax04 View Post
I had a rattle/buzz/vibration type of sound that I swore was coming from in the dash behind the uconnect screen. heard it most under acceleration and hitting bumps fairly loud and annoying, lived with it for about 2 months dreading taking it in for the dealer to dig into the dash. I tried everything I could think of then one day I reached up and put my hand on the plastic cover behind the review mirror where the camera and rain sense wiper sensor is and it immediately stopped moved it around a little and problem solved. the plastic cover was vibrating against the windshield. anyway where the noise is actually coming from can be very deceptive, try checking that plastic cover that could be it. good luck
Thats exactly what I thought it was at first, but I tired moving the plastic cover, holding it, and even removing the piece directly behind the mirror, and the rattle was still there.

It sounds like its coming from directly behinld the uconnect screen. Only 600 more miles til my oil change. Will definitely have it checked then. Its definitely not normal because it only started in the last hundred or two miles. It sounds like there's a screw loose or something and its jumping around. Mainly noticeable at lower speeds of 20-30 mph.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-30-2014, 11:26 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 71
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 583
asdad123 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Dashboard Rattle?

Here's a video of the rattle in question. I should be getting the oil changed in about 2 weeks, so I made the video just in case the dealer wants to tell me that the rattle is "within factory spec" and do nothing about it.

2014 grand Cherokee rattle: 2014 grand Cherokee rattle - YouTube
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-30-2014, 11:12 PM
DSYLEXC's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 44
Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 223
DSYLEXC is on a distinguished road
Garage
Re: 2014 Dashboard Rattle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdad123 View Post
Here's a video of the rattle in question. I should be getting the oil changed in about 2 weeks, so I made the video just in case the dealer wants to tell me that the rattle is "within factory spec" and do nothing about it.



2014 grand Cherokee rattle: 2014 grand Cherokee rattle - YouTube

Yea I have this too...just something else to add to the list of stuff they are gonna fix during the first oil change....


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
__________________
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Bright White) Limited 4x4 3.6L V6 ORA2 8.4AN Sunroof Body-Colored Mirrors Fold Flat Front Passenger Seat
Built 3/25/14 @ Midnight


Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-09-2014, 10:16 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 71
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 583
asdad123 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Dashboard Rattle?

My car is at the dealership right now. They tell me that they can't hear a rattle. Wtf. This is why I made the video for this reason.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-09-2014, 05:19 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Novi, MI
Posts: 58
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 860
dcar335i is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Dashboard Rattle?

I have had a rattle and a squeak in the dash and it turned out to be a loose heat shield and hood hinge which I fixed both myself. The firewall and floor can transmit rattles. Not saying it is your problem but if you are inclined, take a look under the hood and make sure the hoses are secure. Check the washer hose line under the hood as it could be a culprit. Hope this helps... good luck


Sent from my iPad using JeepGarage
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-10-2014, 12:14 PM
New Member
My Jeep: 2013 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: N of Cincy
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Brucenterry is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Dashboard Rattle?

I also had my sunglasses rattling inside the holder, but I've also have a rattle if I leave the flip up door of the storage bin open that's in the dash under the hazard button. The push button rattles if up!
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2014

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 GC 4x2 Dashboard Rattle gefatl72 Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 0 02-11-2014 10:31 PM
Overland leather wrapped dashboard 2013 vs 2014 Sleestak Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 1 05-22-2013 03:19 PM
dashboard rattle WallyF Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 8 03-20-2013 11:31 AM
Rattle rattle rattle JK's 04 WJ 4.7 Troubleshooting/Problems 1 03-20-2012 08:51 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community