I have about 1000 miles on my Summit. I came from a 2001 GC Limited.
Things I noticed right away, the ride is so much better than the 2001. 8 speed transmission is amazing compared to the 2001 and the way it sounded like the engine was going to drop out of the bottom of the car. The interior is really well done and people all comment about it when they get in. The slight external design changes from last year are nice. So far, this is a major upgrade than the old one, and right in line with the other luxury cars I drove during the selection process. Maybe I'm used to bad radios, but the sound system in the Summit so far has been impressive. Little things that I didn't have in the 2001, like the storage in the real wheel well are great. Miss my full spare though. This is full size, but not the same tires as the other 4. 2001 had full spare with matching rim.
Here are a few things that have bothered me so far:
1) Stupid dump truck kicked up a big rock and I have a small line in the hood and a knick in the windshield now.
2) Had alignment problems, the dealer helped it a little, but I fear there is something wrong with the tires. They claim they can't do anything about that and I have to go to a goodyear dealer to have them look at it. It pulls\drifts to the left.
3) Uconnect is slow, real slow. Takes a while to boot up and doesn't save the settings often. Sirius quality is really bad, worse than FM radio quality.
4) Minor paint defects.
5) Muffler ends were crooked, those were easily adjusted.
6) Heated seats don't get anywhere as hot as everyone is describing. In Wisconsin, I like it real hot. Old 2001 got way hotter.
7) I swear the wood part of the wheel was heated in the demo I test drove. Haven't gone back to check, maybe someone can confirm here.
8) Headlights get a LOT of condensation in them. Dealer didn't seem to want to do anything about it. Just said it wouldn't affect them. Sometimes I notice the headlights don't move when the wheel turns.
9) Needs a few more manual buttons, I don't like heated seats and other like controls hidden in UConnect menus. Everything is 2 clicks away though, so not bad.
10) iPod playback sounds good, but skips often. Not sure why, bluetooth with an iPhone 4S doesn't seem to skip.
11) Plastic at bottom of the door (where people often hit with their feet) gets scratched easily.
12) Haven't figured out how to get to the tow jack open without snapping off the plastic bumper cover safely. Tips?
13) Not much eco savings with the HEMI, still only getting about 14-16 MPG with some city driving and 18 miles of freeway driving to work each day. (This was expected though when I got the Hemi)
14) Seats aren't as soft as the 2001. Leather is much better quality, but we'll see if it's as durable.
15) On the ride back last night I got a check air suspension error, but it never returned and there are no messages on it this morning. Not sure what that was about.
16) I'm not sure I like the downshifting, but at the same time, I like it instead of having to brake so often\hard.
17) Auto headlights tend to go on all the time. They are too sensitive to low light.
Adaptive cruise is amazing. Auto high beams are nice. Auto wipers are nice too.
I (really) wish I could comment about the off roading, but there are plenty of videos on the internet. The family has a fairly large tree farm in Michigan, but I think I'll give this baby a few years to break in before I get the sides all scrapped up from the trees, lol. Having got the Summit, and the cost of it, scares me a little to go out back. (for now)
It's no SRT, but it's pretty fast. Smoked some jerk-off guy this afternoon that was riding my ass. Felt good.
Overall, I've very happy with the car. I know there will be other little things wrong with it over the years. I expected that from a Chrysler. (I used to work there in 2003) I got the $2000 max care lifetime unlimited mileage coverage. I tend to keep my cars a while. The wife (who is 5'1) likes that it goes up and down and is easier for her to get into.
, on Flickr