Re: 2014 GC OWNER'S Review
I've had my Jeep for about 2 months (3500 miles) now and I'm thoroughly happy with the purchase. The V6 is enough power for my day to day driving, and the sport mode gives extra kick when I need it. The fit and finish of the interior is close to perfect, and the new EVIC in the dash is just plain beautiful. There have been many occasions around town where I've been grateful for the roomy cargo area and back seat. The cooled/heated seats are a fan favorite. The transmission is pretty smooth for the most part (as long as it's not in ECO mode) and I've had no major problems, neither electrical nor mechanical.
For full disclosure, I've had a few minor issues, but I really think they're insignificant in the big picture.
- Day zero issues: There were a couple minor issues with my Jeep the day I picked it up.
(1) The most blatant was that it was badged incorrectly as a Laredo, when really it's a Limited. I almost thought the dealership had totally botched my order until I looked at the window sticker and build sheet and was reassured that the car itself was really a Limited. I guess someone was just sleepy the day my car was getting badged at the factory.
(2) There was a loose nut in some tube under the "60" of my 60/40 rear seat. It rattled very loudly every time I turned. Dealer opened it up and found the nut - no noises since then.
(3) There were what looked like goosebumps on the leather of my steering wheel at the 2 o'clock position, over an area of 1.5" by 0.5". Really odd, and annoying only because it fell right under my thumb when I gripped the wheel. The dealer had an upholstery expert "fix" it, by buffing down the leather, but I'm not sure if this will cause problems in the future. Of all my issues, this is the one that most concerns me, as I don't like getting defects on brand new, multi-thousand dollar purchases.
- Interior: I feel the beige interior picks up dirt and black marks more easily than I'd like and than I expected. I came from having a near-white interior in my previous car, so I'm not new to light interiors, but the door trim already has a couple black marks near the arm rest and the leather shows signs of "darkening", which was unexpected just 2 months in. This is nothing a leather cleaner can't fix, so no big deal.
- Electrical: Just once I had the radio forget all of my presets (as previously mentioned in other posts). I can't remember if I had to restart the vehicle or if it just corrected itself after a few minutes of driving. Thankfully, I haven't had any other electrical issues other than that one instance.
Hope that helps anyone who's still in the market. I'd buy this car again in a heartbeat given the combination of utility, luxury, and value. I don't think it can be beat.
Soon: 2014 GC V6 Limited, Granite Crystal w/ Beige interior, ORA I, RA4, Lux Pkg, Tow Pkg
Day job: Corporate Strategy for a consumer products company