Originally Posted by 4jeepdiesel
The main concern I have is can you hit the panic button on the keyfob when you see a moose crossing the road in front of you...
Yes, here are the directions when a moose encounter is imminent:
1. Press "Panic" button on FOB 3 times in quick succession while simultaneously pressing and holding the "Unlock" button".
2. Within 2 seconds, pull down left turn lever signal once and right turn signal twice. (Note: RHD vehicles pull right lever once, left lever twice).
3. Fasten seat belt if not already done when you left your previous destination.
4. Set climate control to "Auto" and fan speed control mid-way.
5. Turn radio Off (if On). If radio is Off, press the On button twice within one second while holding down the Menu button.
6. Apply brakes using sufficient effort to bring the vehicle to a complete stop at least 18"-60" ahead of the moose.
7. Let moose finish crossing road.
8. Proceed to your original destination. Do NOT exceed the legally posted speed limit under any circumstances.
9. After arrival at destination, log into JeepGarage.org and start thread titled "Close encounter of the Moose kind".