Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 -

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1129  
Old 10-05-2012, 11:02 PM
hound's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2005 5.7L WK
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Logan, Utah
Posts: 313
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 2098
hound is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee - Features & Changes

I want a cookie if I'm right
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1130  
Old 10-05-2012, 11:09 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 860
Thanks: 19
Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts
Rep Power: 44078
JeepersCreepers has a reputation beyond reputeJeepersCreepers has a reputation beyond reputeJeepersCreepers has a reputation beyond reputeJeepersCreepers has a reputation beyond reputeJeepersCreepers has a reputation beyond reputeJeepersCreepers has a reputation beyond reputeJeepersCreepers has a reputation beyond reputeJeepersCreepers has a reputation beyond reputeJeepersCreepers has a reputation beyond reputeJeepersCreepers has a reputation beyond reputeJeepersCreepers has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee - Features & Changes

I hope we see some cool colors introduced for the 2014. In particular, I would love to see a cool looking orange, like this one (I think the image was an actual press image for the WK2):



If that color or something similar were made available I would choose it in a heartbeat. Probably even if I had to pay extra for it.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1131  
Old 10-06-2012, 02:34 AM
Marlon_JB2's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2010 3.7L KK
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Jefferson North Assembly Plant
Posts: 2,538
Thanks: 49
Thanked 169 Times in 105 Posts
Rep Power: 87044
Marlon_JB2 has a reputation beyond reputeMarlon_JB2 has a reputation beyond reputeMarlon_JB2 has a reputation beyond reputeMarlon_JB2 has a reputation beyond reputeMarlon_JB2 has a reputation beyond reputeMarlon_JB2 has a reputation beyond reputeMarlon_JB2 has a reputation beyond reputeMarlon_JB2 has a reputation beyond reputeMarlon_JB2 has a reputation beyond reputeMarlon_JB2 has a reputation beyond reputeMarlon_JB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Marlon_JB2 Send a message via Yahoo to Marlon_JB2 Send a message via Skype™ to Marlon_JB2
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee - Features & Changes

That isn't orange.

It's Inferno Red.

The camera/environment makes it look orange-ish.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1132  
Old 10-06-2012, 03:30 AM
chevyboy_711's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 1,244
Thanks: 209
Thanked 503 Times in 176 Posts
Rep Power: 5813
chevyboy_711 has a reputation beyond reputechevyboy_711 has a reputation beyond reputechevyboy_711 has a reputation beyond reputechevyboy_711 has a reputation beyond reputechevyboy_711 has a reputation beyond reputechevyboy_711 has a reputation beyond reputechevyboy_711 has a reputation beyond reputechevyboy_711 has a reputation beyond reputechevyboy_711 has a reputation beyond reputechevyboy_711 has a reputation beyond reputechevyboy_711 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee - Features & Changes

Hey man, where the heck do you work at!??? I was over in Assembly quite a bit today looking for '14 Diesels and couldn't find one! Lol.. I've been training new ppl in Body all week, and they seem to be coming along pretty well, so I've got a lil more free time. While I was over there, I did however notice that the "Jeep" on the liftgate of the '14s is embossed and recessed into the liftgate and not merely a trim piece anymore. I bet this is gonna piss alot of the "debadging" crowd off. Lol..
__________________
Former JNAP 'World-class' body builder, and JeepGarage informant.

"In life you have two options. You can work toward your dreams, or you can work to fulfill someone else's. You choose."
Reply With Quote
  #1133  
Old 10-06-2012, 03:37 AM
Marlon_JB2's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2010 3.7L KK
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Jefferson North Assembly Plant
Posts: 2,538
Thanks: 49
Thanked 169 Times in 105 Posts
Rep Power: 87044
Marlon_JB2 has a reputation beyond reputeMarlon_JB2 has a reputation beyond reputeMarlon_JB2 has a reputation beyond reputeMarlon_JB2 has a reputation beyond reputeMarlon_JB2 has a reputation beyond reputeMarlon_JB2 has a reputation beyond reputeMarlon_JB2 has a reputation beyond reputeMarlon_JB2 has a reputation beyond reputeMarlon_JB2 has a reputation beyond reputeMarlon_JB2 has a reputation beyond reputeMarlon_JB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Marlon_JB2 Send a message via Yahoo to Marlon_JB2 Send a message via Skype™ to Marlon_JB2
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee - Features & Changes

It's not hard to spot me.

I wear a baseball cap every day which usually matches my shirt. Tomorrow will be... eh... red or blue.

I drive a tugger.

Just ask for me, if you cannot find me.

You couldn't find one because we didn't build any. You're about 2 days late.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1134  
Old 10-06-2012, 03:51 AM
chevyboy_711's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 1,244
Thanks: 209
Thanked 503 Times in 176 Posts
Rep Power: 5813
chevyboy_711 has a reputation beyond reputechevyboy_711 has a reputation beyond reputechevyboy_711 has a reputation beyond reputechevyboy_711 has a reputation beyond reputechevyboy_711 has a reputation beyond reputechevyboy_711 has a reputation beyond reputechevyboy_711 has a reputation beyond reputechevyboy_711 has a reputation beyond reputechevyboy_711 has a reputation beyond reputechevyboy_711 has a reputation beyond reputechevyboy_711 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee - Features & Changes

Ok.. I'll look for you tomorrow when I get over there. I asked a couple ppl while I was riding around, but I thought you were on a hilo. I probably rode by you a few times on a flatbed, but never woulda known it.

Anyway, have you come across anything else that could fit Milous' clues? I'm not the least bit interested in purchasing a CRD, I just find these "feature games" entertaining. Kinda makes the day go by.. And I may have missed your post, but what was it that you found?
__________________
Former JNAP 'World-class' body builder, and JeepGarage informant.

"In life you have two options. You can work toward your dreams, or you can work to fulfill someone else's. You choose."
Reply With Quote
  #1135  
Old 10-06-2012, 04:11 AM
Marlon_JB2's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2010 3.7L KK
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Jefferson North Assembly Plant
Posts: 2,538
Thanks: 49
Thanked 169 Times in 105 Posts
Rep Power: 87044
Marlon_JB2 has a reputation beyond reputeMarlon_JB2 has a reputation beyond reputeMarlon_JB2 has a reputation beyond reputeMarlon_JB2 has a reputation beyond reputeMarlon_JB2 has a reputation beyond reputeMarlon_JB2 has a reputation beyond reputeMarlon_JB2 has a reputation beyond reputeMarlon_JB2 has a reputation beyond reputeMarlon_JB2 has a reputation beyond reputeMarlon_JB2 has a reputation beyond reputeMarlon_JB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Marlon_JB2 Send a message via Yahoo to Marlon_JB2 Send a message via Skype™ to Marlon_JB2
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee - Features & Changes

Me and Hi-Los do not mix at all.

I still don't have a clue what Milous is talking about.

That "clue" that I was talking about can be found in "70". Today I was between "K" and "M".

If all else fails...



It's parked in "The East".
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1136  
Old 10-06-2012, 04:14 AM
chevyboy_711's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 1,244
Thanks: 209
Thanked 503 Times in 176 Posts
Rep Power: 5813
chevyboy_711 has a reputation beyond reputechevyboy_711 has a reputation beyond reputechevyboy_711 has a reputation beyond reputechevyboy_711 has a reputation beyond reputechevyboy_711 has a reputation beyond reputechevyboy_711 has a reputation beyond reputechevyboy_711 has a reputation beyond reputechevyboy_711 has a reputation beyond reputechevyboy_711 has a reputation beyond reputechevyboy_711 has a reputation beyond reputechevyboy_711 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee - Features & Changes

Ok.. Ill look for it tomorrow.
__________________
Former JNAP 'World-class' body builder, and JeepGarage informant.

"In life you have two options. You can work toward your dreams, or you can work to fulfill someone else's. You choose."
Reply With Quote
  #1137  
Old 10-06-2012, 07:43 AM
4jeepdiesel's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2010 WK
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,115
Thanks: 0
Thanked 30 Times in 24 Posts
Rep Power: 6939
4jeepdiesel has a reputation beyond repute4jeepdiesel has a reputation beyond repute4jeepdiesel has a reputation beyond repute4jeepdiesel has a reputation beyond repute4jeepdiesel has a reputation beyond repute4jeepdiesel has a reputation beyond repute4jeepdiesel has a reputation beyond repute4jeepdiesel has a reputation beyond repute4jeepdiesel has a reputation beyond repute4jeepdiesel has a reputation beyond repute4jeepdiesel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee - Features & Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepersCreepers View Post
I hope we see some cool colors introduced for the 2014. In particular, I would love to see a cool looking orange, like this one (I think the image was an actual press image for the WK2):



If that color or something similar were made available I would choose it in a heartbeat. Probably even if I had to pay extra for it.
I've been saying that for a very long time. They did have a very nice gold/brown color for their 70th anniversary. They've never had a really good burnt orange type color for the GCs as far as I can remember. The black, white, grey stuff is soooooooooooo boring (even if they look sharp, they're still boring). They often times get the colors right on the wranglers but not so much on the GCs. If the rumors are true, here's what's predicted for the colors:
The Rugged Brown, Winter Chill, Mineral Gray or charcoal gray(?), and the light sparkly silver will be discontinued. The only other color I have heard that will take its place is called "billet". It's a flat battleship color gray that they have on the 2012 Wranglers. So, that pretty much leaves 3 colors that need replacing. They already have black, white, green, deep cherry red (even though this isn't a very deep red), green and a blue and another color that is called maximum steel which in person looks VERY black but in person it also has some color flakes. Online it looks like a steel blue color which would have been better. It's a very interesting color but it's pretty dark.

So, if I were to speculate they might have an orangy type color or a different type of a blue to fill in the spectrum. I doubt they would ever go with yellow. Maybe they'll bring in a deep brandy-wine/burgundy color which would also be very appealing to me. But if they did have a burnt orange type color which is very popular in other makes of SUVs, I would get that in a heartbeat!!!!

It's difficult waiting for the details but the order banks open on 12/5/2012 for the 14s so they should probably reveal some of those options soon. They have to hold out a little bit because they're still making the 13s.

Keep checking the board for updates & please consider signing up to join as a premium member/ supporter. That helps keep the board up and running! The amount of information you get from this site (updates, maintenance issues, etc...) as well as bargaining strategies when you purchase will save you hundreds if not thousands!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1138  
Old 10-06-2012, 11:26 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 860
Thanks: 19
Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts
Rep Power: 44078
JeepersCreepers has a reputation beyond reputeJeepersCreepers has a reputation beyond reputeJeepersCreepers has a reputation beyond reputeJeepersCreepers has a reputation beyond reputeJeepersCreepers has a reputation beyond reputeJeepersCreepers has a reputation beyond reputeJeepersCreepers has a reputation beyond reputeJeepersCreepers has a reputation beyond reputeJeepersCreepers has a reputation beyond reputeJeepersCreepers has a reputation beyond reputeJeepersCreepers has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee - Features & Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4jeepdiesel View Post
I've been saying that for a very long time. They did have a very nice gold/brown color for their 70th anniversary. They've never had a really good burnt orange type color for the GCs as far as I can remember. The black, white, grey stuff is soooooooooooo boring (even if they look sharp, they're still boring). They often times get the colors right on the wranglers but not so much on the GCs. If the rumors are true, here's what's predicted for the colors:
The Rugged Brown, Winter Chill, Mineral Gray or charcoal gray(?), and the light sparkly silver will be discontinued. The only other color I have heard that will take its place is called "billet". It's a flat battleship color gray that they have on the 2012 Wranglers. So, that pretty much leaves 3 colors that need replacing. They already have black, white, green, deep cherry red (even though this isn't a very deep red), green and a blue and another color that is called maximum steel which in person looks VERY black but in person it also has some color flakes. Online it looks like a steel blue color which would have been better. It's a very interesting color but it's pretty dark.

So, if I were to speculate they might have an orangy type color or a different type of a blue to fill in the spectrum. I doubt they would ever go with yellow. Maybe they'll bring in a deep brandy-wine/burgundy color which would also be very appealing to me. But if they did have a burnt orange type color which is very popular in other makes of SUVs, I would get that in a heartbeat!!!!

It's difficult waiting for the details but the order banks open on 12/5/2012 for the 14s so they should probably reveal some of those options soon. They have to hold out a little bit because they're still making the 13s.

Keep checking the board for updates & please consider signing up to join as a premium member/ supporter. That helps keep the board up and running! The amount of information you get from this site (updates, maintenance issues, etc...) as well as bargaining strategies when you purchase will save you hundreds if not thousands!!!
I totally agree. Not to knock any of the existing colors at all -- they do look sharp and I'd be satisfied with any of them. But that's all: satisfied. I don't really feel passionate about any of the current colors, except maybe red, and I preferred the Inferno red that was only available in 2011 to the current Deep Cherry red.

But if some sort of orange that fit the WK2's style without being too dark, dull, and "drab" if you will were made available (something like a burnt orange like you suggested, or along the lines of what's pictured above), I think I would probably die. Orange is my favorite color and the WK2 is my favorite vehicle on the road today, so to combine the two...

In all seriousness I think orange is such a fitting color for the Grand Cherokee, and the Jeep brand as a whole for that matter. Please Jeep, make it happen for the 2014!

Thanks for the premium membership suggestion by the way, I will definitely consider it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1139  
Old 10-06-2012, 12:59 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 209
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1282
mistadobalina is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee - Features & Changes

Hey, nice looking Liberty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon_JB2 View Post
Me and Hi-Los do not mix at all.

I still don't have a clue what Milous is talking about.

That "clue" that I was talking about can be found in "70". Today I was between "K" and "M".

If all else fails...



It's parked in "The East".
__________________
2012 Grand Cherokee
Laredo X V6
Tow hooks, skids, QT2, Selec Terrain
Tow Pkg
Reply With Quote
  #1140  
Old 10-06-2012, 08:51 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 20
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 898
Gunz11 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee - Features & Changes

I've never ordered a car before, only ever bought off the lot. I know we've been told when the order banks open, but I'm wondering if there is a date after which you can no longer place an order? Does anyone know the answer to that?
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2014, 2014 grand cherokee, 2014 wk2, wk2

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2013 Grand Cherokee - Features & Changes Milous Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 342 12-02-2012 02:50 PM
2014 Grand Cherokee spy pictures Scottina06 Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 135 10-15-2012 07:30 AM
2012 Grand Cherokee - Features & Changes Milous Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 347 01-07-2012 01:10 PM
2011 Grand Cherokee features Scottina06 Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 3 07-27-2010 11:48 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by Chrysler Group LLC.