Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 -

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #7165  
Old 06-23-2013, 12:45 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Darwin
Posts: 15
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 501
nelly Piedade is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee - Ordering Information and Pricing

My14 LIMITED with pano Sunroof will be in Darwin in 2weeks..
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7166  
Old 06-23-2013, 01:10 AM
BigWave's Avatar
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Metro D.C.
Posts: 511
Thanks: 217
Thanked 33 Times in 26 Posts
Rep Power: 1226
BigWave has a reputation beyond reputeBigWave has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee - Ordering Information and Pricing

Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep affiliates can get 1% below invoice (check whether your employer is one). If not, take a look at Access Fund ($35 membership fee) or Tread Lightly ($100 fee) and you will get the 1% below invoice. Also check Jeep Garage threads for group buys in your area -- many of them are getting well below that 1% under invoice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDontBlink View Post
I purchased the WJ used so when it comes to buying new vehicles I am in unfamiliar territory in that regard. I do know the basics on when to purchase a new car such as waiting more towards the end of the month when visiting the dealership, looking to get this years model towards the end of the year right before the next year models begin to ship out, knowing the invoice price etc.

My question is how much do customers normally pay for new Jeeps Grand Cherokees in comparison to the MSRP ticket price? I know that a lot of people look at the invoice as the lowest price a dealer will go to sell a car for which is not always true because there are also dealer incentives, rebates, holdbacks etc that still make a vehicle profitable even when sold at invoice price (depending on the manufacturer, vehicle model etc). I was curious in how that works with new Jeeps models because I may be looking for one shortly. So for instance the MSRP for a 2014 WK2 Limited is listed at $37,795 MRSP and an invoice price of $36,192 online so what price point would a majority of people actually pay when purchasing the vehicle?

A universal rule of thumb that I've heard was going for 3% above invoice was a pretty solid deal, but can we go lower?! lol
__________________

__________________
Current:
On tax day, I collected my Limited 4x4 V8.

Retired:
'97 Honda Accord SE.
'93 Chevy Silverado 1500 totaled by 2 deer. I hate deer.
'91 Chevy S10.
Reply With Quote
  #7167  
Old 06-23-2013, 06:55 AM
4jeepdiesel's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2010 WK
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,113
Thanks: 0
Thanked 29 Times in 23 Posts
Rep Power: 6853
4jeepdiesel has a reputation beyond repute4jeepdiesel has a reputation beyond repute4jeepdiesel has a reputation beyond repute4jeepdiesel has a reputation beyond repute4jeepdiesel has a reputation beyond repute4jeepdiesel has a reputation beyond repute4jeepdiesel has a reputation beyond repute4jeepdiesel has a reputation beyond repute4jeepdiesel has a reputation beyond repute4jeepdiesel has a reputation beyond repute4jeepdiesel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee - Ordering Information and Pricing

^
dealerships will sell you 3% above invoice all day long even though they'll act like they're bending over and taking it up the ol' poop chute

Shoot closer to 3-5% under invoice. If it's a dealer close to you remind them that you will be taking your vehicle there for service all the time. They make more $$ on service than they do on selling new cars. Negotiate with multiple dealerships and yes, the end of the month may be favorable especially if the last day of that month falls mid-week.

Also, if you're trading in a vehicle they will most likely make a few thousand on that one too!
__________________
Beer connoisseur :chug:
1993 Harley Davidson FXSTS mega custom! :headbang:
1994 Toyota 4X4 Pickup (250K and kicking!):thumbsup:
2010 GC trading in for a 2014 Diesel Trailhawk II in Blood Orange:drool:
Reply With Quote
  #7168  
Old 06-23-2013, 11:31 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 179
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 1437
Yeti is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee - Ordering Information and Pricing

Finally pulled the trigger last month on a 2014 Deep Cherry Red/black interior, ORA1, RA4 nav, Limited Hemi. I want to thank everyone in this forum for all the help that got me the best Jeep possible, especially Milous and Chevyboy!

I thought I would have to factory order to get exactly what I wanted but the Jeep web site said there was one about 3-400 miles from me and another one on the way to the same dealership but with the $500 Hemi price increase. I worked out a deal via email on the first one, Access Fund was super easy and got me from $500 over invoice to 1% under. Found the vehicle on Tuesday, joined the Access Fund on Thursday, rented a one way car on Friday night and picked up the Jeep on Saturday!

Access fund was super easy and got me from $500 over invoice to 1% under just like that. Not only did I not have to wait 30 days to get a code, I didn't even have to wait for them. After I joined I just Googled their code and then registered with Chrysler to get my purchase codes (they give you two, one left over).

The truck is gorgeous, the eight speed is AWESOME, the Hemi is sweet, and the sunroof works really well (one button open/close and no buffeting).

The stereo sounds great although the rest of the head unit is just so so. I really wish it was just a big monitor for my iPhone.

Gas mileage is a little less than my 4.7L WJ at about 12.5 mpg (according to the computer).
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7169  
Old 06-23-2013, 01:10 PM
JustDontBlink's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2001 4.0L WJ
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 56
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 587
JustDontBlink is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee - Ordering Information and Pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWave View Post
Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep affiliates can get 1% below invoice (check whether your employer is one). If not, take a look at Access Fund ($35 membership fee) or Tread Lightly ($100 fee) and you will get the 1% below invoice. Also check Jeep Garage threads for group buys in your area -- many of them are getting well below that 1% under invoice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4jeepdiesel
^dealerships will sell you 3% above invoice all day long even though they'll act like they're bending over and taking it up the ol' poop chute


Shoot closer to 3-5% under invoice. If it's a dealer close to you remind them that you will be taking your vehicle there for service all the time. They make more $$ on service than they do on selling new cars. Negotiate with multiple dealerships and yes, the end of the month may be favorable especially if the last day of that month falls mid-week.

Also, if you're trading in a vehicle they will most likely make a few thousand on that one too!

Thanks for the insight
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7170  
Old 06-23-2013, 02:29 PM
davekarn's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 215
Thanks: 29
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 997
davekarn is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
The stereo sounds great although the rest of the head unit is just so so. I really wish it was just a big monitor for my iPhone.
I like the screen well enough, but am with you on wishing it emulated the iPhone screen. Apparently Chrysler is part of the group that is adopting "iOS in the car" next year, which does what we're looking for. If history runs true, that means they'll throw this feature into Dodge/Chrysler first and Jeep will follow suit. I'm hoping it's as simple as a software upgrade, but I'm assuming it won't be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
Gas mileage is a little less than my 4.7L WJ at about 12.5 mpg (according to the computer).
You gotta lay off the pedal! I'm getting 15 with 90% city driving right now.
__________________
CURRENT 2014 Overland 4x4 5.7L V-8- Max Steel/Indigo Blue, Advanced Technology Group, Quadra-Drive II

TRADED-IN 2013 Limited 4x4 5.7L V-8- Mineral Grey/Tan, Off-Road Adventure 2, Luxury Group 2, Advanced Technology Group, Trailer Tow Group IV
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply With Quote
  #7171  
Old 06-23-2013, 02:50 PM
Willx's Avatar
Moderator - MOTS jr.


My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,884
Thanks: 529
Thanked 859 Times in 469 Posts
Rep Power: 1927068
Willx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by davekarn View Post

I like the screen well enough, but am with you on wishing it emulated the iPhone screen. Apparently Chrysler is part of the group that is adopting "iOS in the car" next year, which does what we're looking for. If history runs true, that means they'll throw this feature into Dodge/Chrysler first and Jeep will follow suit. I'm hoping it's as simple as a software upgrade, but I'm assuming it won't be.
Can you give me a reference on this? I find this hard to believe considering the OS for UConnect is a wholely owned subsidiary of a direct Apple IOS competitor. I mean not impossible but seems unlikely that is why I would like to see where they noted this. Unless you are just referring to AirPlay integration?

Thx
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7172  
Old 06-23-2013, 03:28 PM
davekarn's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 215
Thanks: 29
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 997
davekarn is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willx View Post

Can you give me a reference on this? I find this hard to believe considering the OS for UConnect is a wholely owned subsidiary of a direct Apple IOS competitor. I mean not impossible but seems unlikely that is why I would like to see where they noted this. Unless you are just referring to AirPlay integration?

Thx
I read it on some auto or gadget website. Can't remember which, but it was right after the Apple press conference. They basically said that everyone that was on board with the Siri integration partnership last year, was also in for iOS in the car. I don't think it's too far fetched to think this could happen. It will only apply to those with iPhones and uconnect will still work the same without it.
__________________
CURRENT 2014 Overland 4x4 5.7L V-8- Max Steel/Indigo Blue, Advanced Technology Group, Quadra-Drive II

TRADED-IN 2013 Limited 4x4 5.7L V-8- Mineral Grey/Tan, Off-Road Adventure 2, Luxury Group 2, Advanced Technology Group, Trailer Tow Group IV
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply With Quote
  #7173  
Old 06-23-2013, 03:43 PM
Willx's Avatar
Moderator - MOTS jr.


My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,884
Thanks: 529
Thanked 859 Times in 469 Posts
Rep Power: 1927068
Willx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by davekarn View Post

I read it on some auto or gadget website. Can't remember which, but it was right after the Apple press conference. They basically said that everyone that was on board with the Siri integration partnership last year, was also in for iOS in the car. I don't think it's too far fetched to think this could happen. It will only apply to those with iPhones and uconnect will still work the same without it.
You should locate that.... to my knowledge there is no support for this from any auto manufacturer I work with.

I would be interested to find out about that. QNX of which is owned by Blackberry is the software group behind a huge amount of the automotive software. I am just surprised I haven't heard talk of it is all?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7174  
Old 06-23-2013, 03:53 PM
Willx's Avatar
Moderator - MOTS jr.


My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,884
Thanks: 529
Thanked 859 Times in 469 Posts
Rep Power: 1927068
Willx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Sorry, this is way off topic but I just asked a friend who knows the integration stuff better than I and he didn't know. Torifile does some cutting edge IOS stuff, so I will PM him but I am not sure why the auto manufacturers would do a customization for an OS that is less that 20% of the market on average. It is way more profitable to just stick with the Common Bluetooth stuff.

Not saying it wouldn't be cool but I just don't see the case for it is all.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7175  
Old 06-23-2013, 04:09 PM
davekarn's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 215
Thanks: 29
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 997
davekarn is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willx View Post
Sorry, this is way off topic but I just asked a friend who knows the integration stuff better than I and he didn't know. Torifile does some cutting edge IOS stuff, so I will PM him but I am not sure why the auto manufacturers would do a customization for an OS that is less that 20% of the market on average. It is way more profitable to just stick with the Common Bluetooth stuff.

Not saying it wouldn't be cool but I just don't see the case for it is all.
Yep, disregard. Found another site that said Chrysler is one of those not on board with it along with Ford and Toyota. My bad, the first site I read must have been misinformed. Stupid Internet.
__________________
CURRENT 2014 Overland 4x4 5.7L V-8- Max Steel/Indigo Blue, Advanced Technology Group, Quadra-Drive II

TRADED-IN 2013 Limited 4x4 5.7L V-8- Mineral Grey/Tan, Off-Road Adventure 2, Luxury Group 2, Advanced Technology Group, Trailer Tow Group IV
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply With Quote
  #7176  
Old 06-23-2013, 04:12 PM
Willx's Avatar
Moderator - MOTS jr.


My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,884
Thanks: 529
Thanked 859 Times in 469 Posts
Rep Power: 1927068
Willx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by davekarn View Post

Yep, disregard. Found another site that said Chrysler is one of those not on board with it along with Ford and Toyota. My bad, the first site I read must have been misinformed. Stupid Internet.
No worries, I am wrong all the time, that is why I asked for more info.

Is GM in?
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2014 grand cherokee, 2014, grand cherokee

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ordering a 2014?? Which model SnoFire Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 36 01-21-2014 01:42 PM
2014 srt 8 ordering timeline? BILLTCAT Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 11 02-11-2013 12:29 PM
Who's ordering the 2014 first? jp467 Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 17 02-08-2013 12:49 PM
2014 Ordering RECDOG Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 38 01-30-2013 03:16 PM
2014 ordering.. RECDOG Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 3 01-05-2013 09:46 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community