Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 -

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1165  
Old 01-24-2013, 02:47 PM
Joel's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2006 4.0L TJ
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: AZ
Posts: 130
Thanks: 49
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Rep Power: 930
Joel is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee - Ordering Information and Pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Bryan_ View Post
-- Edit --
Joel beat me to it, and pointed out my mistake in taking the 1% off of the destination fee too.
Most useful course I took in high school was typing.
__________________

__________________
2014 Overland 4x4, Max Steel - Indigo Blue/Jeep Brown, ORAII, ATG
Reply With Quote
  #1166  
Old 01-24-2013, 03:00 PM
Temerarius's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2009 3.7L WK
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 735
Thanks: 73
Thanked 54 Times in 41 Posts
Rep Power: 1007035
Temerarius has a reputation beyond reputeTemerarius has a reputation beyond reputeTemerarius has a reputation beyond reputeTemerarius has a reputation beyond reputeTemerarius has a reputation beyond reputeTemerarius has a reputation beyond reputeTemerarius has a reputation beyond reputeTemerarius has a reputation beyond reputeTemerarius has a reputation beyond reputeTemerarius has a reputation beyond reputeTemerarius has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee - Ordering Information and Pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt8_hmi View Post
I don't think the Jeep has to be delivered to the place you bought it from. I'm almost certain you can have it dropped of at your local dealership if not even your own house for that matter. Guess that's up to who you are buying from.
Hey Pat, care to comment on this?
__________________

__________________

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland CRD
Date Ordered: 08/10/2013
Date Delivered: Same day we get the floating skateboards from Back to the Future.
2014 Dodge Durango Citadel
Date Ordered: 08/10/2013
Date Delivered: A fiscal quarter or three before the Jeep
Function: Senior Project Manager, Skittle Stuffer, Braggart
Reply With Quote
  #1167  
Old 01-24-2013, 03:23 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 656
Thanks: 18
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Rep Power: 3632
Jamesla30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesla30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesla30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesla30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesla30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesla30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesla30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesla30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesla30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesla30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesla30 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee - Ordering Information and Pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt8_hmi View Post
I don't think the Jeep has to be delivered to the place you bought it from. I'm almost certain you can have it dropped of at your local dealership if not even your own house for that matter. Guess that's up to who you are buying from.
From my understanding, the $995 cover shipping to the dealer you order from. Now if you were from out of state and ordered from Pat, and wanted Pat to ship the car to you, this could probably be delivered to your door. But keep in mind, this shipping cost is in addition to the $995. So you would pay $995 to have it shipped from the factory to Pat, plus another $1000 or so to have Pat ship it to you. Jeep cannot ship from the factory to your front door.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1168  
Old 01-24-2013, 03:31 PM
Milous's Avatar
Senior Member


 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nottsure, Wair
Posts: 6,502
Thanks: 34
Thanked 2,230 Times in 943 Posts
Rep Power: 2392831
Milous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee - Ordering Information and Pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesla30 View Post
From my understanding, the $995 cover shipping to the dealer you order from.
I'm pretty sure that Pat can have it shipped to any dealer in the U.S. (lower 48) without an additional shipping charge.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1169  
Old 01-24-2013, 03:47 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1119
damon.l has a reputation beyond reputedamon.l has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee - Ordering Information and Pricing

long time reader, very very occasional.

first, thanks to pat and milous for giving this community and those of us that care all this information. its good guys like you that keep my faith up for the auto and auto sales industry.

second, ill chime in on my thoughts on the 3.0.

we have a '12 hemi. we use it to tow heavy loads, mostly my offroad wrangler on an 18' car hauler. the hemi does the job, but maxed out it can struggle at times and the fuel economy is around 10mpg on a flat stretch.

when i read the diesel was coming out for '14 i was beside myself with glee. i had seen the torque curves and it looked like it would be absolutely awesome for our needs. much better fuel economy all the way around than the hemi, and better power and better fuel economy while towing.

just like everyone else im absolutely floored at their choice in price. at that price point i think they have shot themselves in the foot in a big way. what some of you have speculated about upping their overall fuel average across the board and then putting it to their customers that really want the diesel makes sense to me. still doesnt make it right and imo still doesnt make it a smart business move at all.

saying that, the price of the diesel has put the gc with the 3.0 right up there with the vw toureg imo, the only real comparable suv on the american market. i initially had my heart set on the gc, but now the vw is being cross shopped.


chrysler, if you guys read these boards, you made a mistake on the diesel price and have possibly lost a customer to vw with me. keeping the diesel option priced competatively where you still make a profit makes more business sense than what you are doing.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1170  
Old 01-24-2013, 03:47 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 725
Vegas_Sirk is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee - Ordering Information and Pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milous View Post
I'm pretty sure that Pat can have it shipped to any dealer in the U.S. (lower 48) without an additional shipping charge.
If thats the case Pat has my business for sure
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1171  
Old 01-24-2013, 03:55 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 725
Vegas_Sirk is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee - Ordering Information and Pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
I worked up the same features you did and came out with an invoice of $49,622 (less 1% = $49,126) for the Overland and $46,439 (less 1% = $45,975) for the Limited as optioned. (I may have made a ~$10 mistake by taking 1% off of the destination fee.) After the 1% discount, there's a difference of about $3,150, which may send me down to Limited. When you add the 9.35% sales tax we have here, the difference is more like $3,400.

I don't really care about the leather dash or partial wood steering wheel or chrome tow hooks. The real loss to me is not being able to get the Indigo Blue/Jeep Brown interior. But it gets hot here in the summer, even in northern Arizona, so the Light Frost might be better anyway.
Yea I went back and looked at some of the other things the Overland comes with over the limited which are:

Painted trim
Led Lights
Bi-Xenon Headlights
20" wheels
Leather Dash, Door Panels and Arm rest

So you are getting more then just the dash.

I really want the Diesel due to range and towing, but Im wondering if I would just be better off with the V8 since i change cars every 2-3 years. It might not be worth the extra $2,000 ..... plus Im curious to the resale value on it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1172  
Old 01-24-2013, 04:04 PM
Temerarius's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2009 3.7L WK
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 735
Thanks: 73
Thanked 54 Times in 41 Posts
Rep Power: 1007035
Temerarius has a reputation beyond reputeTemerarius has a reputation beyond reputeTemerarius has a reputation beyond reputeTemerarius has a reputation beyond reputeTemerarius has a reputation beyond reputeTemerarius has a reputation beyond reputeTemerarius has a reputation beyond reputeTemerarius has a reputation beyond reputeTemerarius has a reputation beyond reputeTemerarius has a reputation beyond reputeTemerarius has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee - Ordering Information and Pricing

Resale on Diesels is insane, they hold their value much longer then a petrol engine I've found.

Everyone wants one, but no one wants to pay the upfront cost...

That being said I am *hoping* there will be some rebates or something for the diesel.

The other big quesiton I have is, will we be able to get the extended warranty/Life time as well as Max Care packages on the diesel.

If not... that's... unsettling.
__________________

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland CRD
Date Ordered: 08/10/2013
Date Delivered: Same day we get the floating skateboards from Back to the Future.
2014 Dodge Durango Citadel
Date Ordered: 08/10/2013
Date Delivered: A fiscal quarter or three before the Jeep
Function: Senior Project Manager, Skittle Stuffer, Braggart
Reply With Quote
  #1173  
Old 01-24-2013, 04:11 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 725
Vegas_Sirk is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee - Ordering Information and Pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by damon.l View Post
long time reader, very very occasional.

first, thanks to pat and milous for giving this community and those of us that care all this information. its good guys like you that keep my faith up for the auto and auto sales industry.

second, ill chime in on my thoughts on the 3.0.

we have a '12 hemi. we use it to tow heavy loads, mostly my offroad wrangler on an 18' car hauler. the hemi does the job, but maxed out it can struggle at times and the fuel economy is around 10mpg on a flat stretch.

when i read the diesel was coming out for '14 i was beside myself with glee. i had seen the torque curves and it looked like it would be absolutely awesome for our needs. much better fuel economy all the way around than the hemi, and better power and better fuel economy while towing.

just like everyone else im absolutely floored at their choice in price. at that price point i think they have shot themselves in the foot in a big way. what some of you have speculated about upping their overall fuel average across the board and then putting it to their customers that really want the diesel makes sense to me. still doesnt make it right and imo still doesnt make it a smart business move at all.

saying that, the price of the diesel has put the gc with the 3.0 right up there with the vw toureg imo, the only real comparable suv on the american market. i initially had my heart set on the gc, but now the vw is being cross shopped.


chrysler, if you guys read these boards, you made a mistake on the diesel price and have possibly lost a customer to vw with me. keeping the diesel option priced competatively where you still make a profit makes more business sense than what you are doing.
The X5 Diesel is also there, but not as offroad capable and slightly higher in price, however if your open to CPO you can get a nicely loaded CPO X5 Diesel for $45K range
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1174  
Old 01-24-2013, 04:26 PM
anthnyajp's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NE PA
Posts: 87
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 989
anthnyajp is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee - Ordering Information and Pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milous View Post
I'm pretty sure that Pat can have it shipped to any dealer in the U.S. (lower 48) without an additional shipping charge.
If this is the case, then Pat you can have my order as well, rather than trying to waste time with my local dealer to get 2% below invoice.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1175  
Old 01-24-2013, 04:27 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 32
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 689
_Bryan_ is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee - Ordering Information and Pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temerarius View Post
Resale on Diesels is insane, they hold their value much longer then a petrol engine I've found.

Everyone wants one, but no one wants to pay the upfront cost...
I'm 50/50 on leasing vs. buying at this point, so I'm hoping the people calculating the residual value agree with you on the diesel, and it ends up a couple of points higher. If that's the case, the diesel might actually pay for itself on a lease, where it wouldn't in a straight purchase.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1176  
Old 01-24-2013, 04:38 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1119
damon.l has a reputation beyond reputedamon.l has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee - Ordering Information and Pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Sirk View Post
The X5 Diesel is also there, but not as offroad capable and slightly higher in price, however if your open to CPO you can get a nicely loaded CPO X5 Diesel for $45K range

thanks for that tip. im going to check them out now. i typically like to buy new, but if i have a warranty on my purchase i'd be fine. i would prefer a GC of course because we absolutely love ours... i havnt completely written it off.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2014 grand cherokee, 2014, grand cherokee

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ordering a 2014?? Which model SnoFire Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 36 01-21-2014 01:42 PM
2014 srt 8 ordering timeline? BILLTCAT Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 11 02-11-2013 12:29 PM
Who's ordering the 2014 first? jp467 Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 17 02-08-2013 12:49 PM
2014 Ordering RECDOG Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 38 01-30-2013 03:16 PM
2014 ordering.. RECDOG Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 3 01-05-2013 09:46 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by Chrysler Group LLC.