2015-2016 High Altitude Owners Thread - Page 100 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 -

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1189  
Old 05-01-2016, 10:58 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2015 WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 236
GC_HighAltitude is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 High Altitude Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
Check the trunk or under where the spare tire is. Some people have them hidden back there. Some people also just never got them (like me) and had to get the dealer to track them down.

Congrats!
Thanks for the tip, they were there waiting for me the whole time!

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #1190  
Old 05-02-2016, 02:03 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 226
Dgruendl is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 High Altitude Owners Thread

Hey guys. New to the forum. Had to lemon law my 2014 Cherokee Trailhawk. Just bought a 2015 White HA 3.6 with 792 miles for $39k!! (With a $20k down payment...thank you Chrysler&#128521

My only beef with the HA is how boring they made the interior. It's like they dumbed down the Overland interior for their "higher class" model. Feels cheap compared to Overland and Summit.

Has anyone done a steering wheel and/or seat swap with Overland or Summit interior? Or can anyone point me to a good place to find maybe even just the front Overland seats with the white stitching and emblem?
Reply With Quote
  #1191  
Old 05-02-2016, 03:57 AM
JTS97Z28's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Plainfield, IL
Posts: 3,762
Thanks: 84
Thanked 600 Times in 442 Posts
Rep Power: 28559
JTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2015 High Altitude Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgruendl View Post
Hey guys. New to the forum. Had to lemon law my 2014 Cherokee Trailhawk. Just bought a 2015 White HA 3.6 with 792 miles for $39k!! (With a $20k down payment...thank you Chrysler��)

My only beef with the HA is how boring they made the interior. It's like they dumbed down the Overland interior for their "higher class" model. Feels cheap compared to Overland and Summit.

Has anyone done a steering wheel and/or seat swap with Overland or Summit interior? Or can anyone point me to a good place to find maybe even just the front Overland seats with the white stitching and emblem?
The interior is basically identical to a regular Overland with exception to the all leather steering wheel and bright silver trim. The HA is an Overland after all so it really shouldn't feel any different from a regular Overland. The seats are Overland seats. The Summit is where some of the noticeable changes are that give the interior a nicer look and feel.
__________________
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude, Bright White, V6, HK audio
Reply With Quote
  #1192  
Old 05-02-2016, 07:58 AM
englanderm's Avatar
My First Jeep/'15 HA/3.6/Love It!
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Boca Raton
Posts: 296
Thanks: 53
Thanked 59 Times in 47 Posts
Rep Power: 705
englanderm is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 High Altitude Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC_HighAltitude View Post
Thanks for the tip, they were there waiting for me the whole time!
Just a heads up. Also found in the cargo area of my HA: The rubber hitch receiver cover, trailer lights pigtail, cargo net. Make sure you received them, also.
__________________
2015 Grand Cherokee HA, 3.6, Bright White. Lots of small but meaningful mods. "Who knew that Jeep makes such a great ride?"
Reply With Quote
  #1193  
Old 05-02-2016, 08:03 AM
not_too_shabby's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 643
Thanks: 3
Thanked 29 Times in 25 Posts
Rep Power: 2014
not_too_shabby has a brilliant future
Re: 2015 High Altitude Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgruendl View Post
Hey guys. New to the forum. Had to lemon law my 2014 Cherokee Trailhawk. Just bought a 2015 White HA 3.6 with 792 miles for $39k!! (With a $20k down payment...thank you Chrysler&#128521

My only beef with the HA is how boring they made the interior. It's like they dumbed down the Overland interior for their "higher class" model. Feels cheap compared to Overland and Summit.

Has anyone done a steering wheel and/or seat swap with Overland or Summit interior? Or can anyone point me to a good place to find maybe even just the front Overland seats with the white stitching and emblem?
The steering wheels swap to the black summit wood wheel has been done. I'm considering this myself.

check out this thread:

Black wood steering wheel

If you want a wheel with white stitching, there are a lot of used ones on ebay. The ones with black stitching are harder to come by.
__________________
2015 Grand Cherokee High Altitude 4x4 V6
Granite
Download my App - iLeaseMyCar Pro Auto Loan and Lease Calculator for iPhone or iPad
Reply With Quote
  #1194  
Old 05-02-2016, 08:11 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 226
Dgruendl is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 High Altitude Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 View Post
The interior is basically identical to a regular Overland with exception to the all leather steering wheel and bright silver trim. The HA is an Overland after all so it really shouldn't feel any different from a regular Overland. The seats are Overland seats. The Summit is where some of the noticeable changes are that give the interior a nicer look and feel.
I understand they are almost identical, and I actually prefer the silver trim over that gold color in the Overland. My point was the few subtle differences that set the Overland apart from the limited for your extra money have been removed.(black wood grain steering wheel, stitching/edge welting on seats and dash, Overland embroidery and badging) i think those little details make a huge difference in the overall "luxury" feel of the vehicle when your at the wheel. It's just very plain inside for a $51,000 vehicle.

Would have liked to have seen a "High Altitude" embroidered seat back with at least some nice white edge welting or something...something unique to the HA, not just everything removed that made it an Overland in the first place.
Reply With Quote
  #1195  
Old 05-02-2016, 08:20 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 226
Dgruendl is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 High Altitude Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_too_shabby View Post
The steering wheels swap to the black summit wood wheel has been done. I'm considering this myself.

check out this thread:

Black wood steering wheel

If you want a wheel with white stitching, there are a lot of used ones on ebay. The ones with black stitching are harder to come by.
Thanks for the info, I tried to scan for it myself there's just so many pages in this thread. Ha

The seats is primary what I wanted to maybe swap for the stitching and embroidered logo. Be nice to have the stitched dash too, but I'm not looking to tear my brand new jeep apart. Ha. The steering wheel I will prob do with the black wood overland/summit.

I'm coming from a Trailhawk with the red stitching and embroidery in the seats, dash, and doors and IMO it made all the difference. Just something I would expect to be there going from the Cherokee to a special edition model of its big brother.
Reply With Quote
  #1196  
Old 05-02-2016, 08:34 AM
englanderm's Avatar
My First Jeep/'15 HA/3.6/Love It!
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Boca Raton
Posts: 296
Thanks: 53
Thanked 59 Times in 47 Posts
Rep Power: 705
englanderm is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 High Altitude Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_too_shabby View Post
Not sure if you guys saw it, but those who aren't happy with the heated seats, there appears to be a new(April 14, 2016) TSB that has a software update for it.

http://wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_0804216.pdf
Has anyone actually had this update done to increase the heat in the heated seats? Does it do what what it is supposed to do?
__________________
2015 Grand Cherokee HA, 3.6, Bright White. Lots of small but meaningful mods. "Who knew that Jeep makes such a great ride?"
Reply With Quote
  #1197  
Old 05-02-2016, 08:36 AM
not_too_shabby's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 643
Thanks: 3
Thanked 29 Times in 25 Posts
Rep Power: 2014
not_too_shabby has a brilliant future
2015 High Altitude Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by englanderm View Post
Has anyone actually had this update done to increase the heat in the heated seats? Does it do what what it is supposed to do?

It just came out a couple weeks ago and I haven't seen any posts yet where this has been applied. I am going to the dealer in a couple weeks for service and warranty issues. Will definitely get this done and post back.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
__________________
2015 Grand Cherokee High Altitude 4x4 V6
Granite
Download my App - iLeaseMyCar Pro Auto Loan and Lease Calculator for iPhone or iPad
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to not_too_shabby For This Useful Post:
  #1198  
Old 05-02-2016, 09:08 AM
JTS97Z28's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Plainfield, IL
Posts: 3,762
Thanks: 84
Thanked 600 Times in 442 Posts
Rep Power: 28559
JTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2015 High Altitude Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgruendl View Post
Thanks for the info, I tried to scan for it myself there's just so many pages in this thread. Ha

The seats is primary what I wanted to maybe swap for the stitching and embroidered logo. Be nice to have the stitched dash too, but I'm not looking to tear my brand new jeep apart. Ha. The steering wheel I will prob do with the black wood overland/summit.

I'm coming from a Trailhawk with the red stitching and embroidery in the seats, dash, and doors and IMO it made all the difference. Just something I would expect to be there going from the Cherokee to a special edition model of its big brother.
The HA does have all the stitching and edge welting or whatever its called. Its all just color matched instead of a different color.
Although I'm not disagreeing about the HA interior being a little bland, and coming from a Summit with an interior that I loved, it did take some getting used to, but its nice. Changing a seat for an identical seat just because a logo seems kind of silly. I could see someone doing the wood steering wheel if they really like that, but they were going for a little more sportier look with the HA and a wood steering wheel doesn't really match that these I feel.
I feel that a perfect HA interior would have included the suede headliner from the summit/SRT, SRT steering wheel, flat finished wood from the Summit (open pore I guess its called), or even possibly the SRT seats would be cool.

---------- Post added at 08:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by englanderm View Post
Has anyone actually had this update done to increase the heat in the heated seats? Does it do what what it is supposed to do?
Humm, thats interesting and something I would want to get done if it really works. Like most others they are for sure weak heated seats...infact my previous 2014 Summit had amazing heated seats and going into this 2015 I was like wtf these things barely get warm lol. There are one or two other things I wouldn't mind getting done at the dealer so maybe I will finally setup an appointment to address the seats with this new TSB as well as the other minor things. My auto high beams never worked right so I think the thing needs to be recalibrated based on my research.
__________________
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude, Bright White, V6, HK audio
Reply With Quote
  #1199  
Old 05-02-2016, 09:29 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 226
Dgruendl is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 High Altitude Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 View Post
The HA does have all the stitching and edge welting or whatever its called. Its all just color matched instead of a different color.
Although I'm not disagreeing about the HA interior being a little bland, and coming from a Summit with an interior that I loved, it did take some getting used to, but its nice. Changing a seat for an identical seat just because a logo seems kind of silly. I could see someone doing the wood steering wheel if they really like that, but they were going for a little more sportier look with the HA and a wood steering wheel doesn't really match that these I feel.
I feel that a perfect HA interior would have included the suede headliner from the summit/SRT, SRT steering wheel, flat finished wood from the Summit (open pore I guess its called), or even possibly the SRT seats would be cool.

---------- Post added at 08:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 AM ----------


Humm, thats interesting and something I would want to get done if it really works. Like most others they are for sure weak heated seats...infact my previous 2014 Summit had amazing heated seats and going into this 2015 I was like wtf these things barely get warm lol. There are one or two other things I wouldn't mind getting done at the dealer so maybe I will finally setup an appointment to address the seats with this new TSB as well as the other minor things. My auto high beams never worked right so I think the thing needs to be recalibrated based on my research.
Yeah the seat swap would be a little ridiculous I suppose. They're just so boring. Agreed on the SRT wheel. All in all, just wish they had done more inside to set it apart to justify extra price tag, instead of just stripping it down. Just feels like they put a bunch of effort into the exterior to rope us in, and then just gave up once they got inside. Ha
Reply With Quote
  #1200  
Old 05-02-2016, 10:03 AM
jgc4ever's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2015 WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,914
Thanks: 157
Thanked 216 Times in 173 Posts
Rep Power: 1161817
jgc4ever has a reputation beyond reputejgc4ever has a reputation beyond reputejgc4ever has a reputation beyond reputejgc4ever has a reputation beyond reputejgc4ever has a reputation beyond reputejgc4ever has a reputation beyond reputejgc4ever has a reputation beyond reputejgc4ever has a reputation beyond reputejgc4ever has a reputation beyond reputejgc4ever has a reputation beyond reputejgc4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 2015 High Altitude Owners Thread

I bought the HA mainly because of the interior. Every change I prefer to the black Overland interior.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2015

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My 2015 High Altitude :: 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland High Altitude jgc4ever Member Garage Discussions 2 05-13-2016 10:51 AM
Uk owners uk owners uk owners uk owners Cornish dave Grand Cherokee - WJ 4 12-11-2012 11:48 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.