2015-2016 High Altitude Owners Thread - Page 120 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 -

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1429  
Old 06-07-2016, 01:47 PM
CHALLENGERBIZJET's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,905
Thanks: 258
Thanked 189 Times in 152 Posts
Rep Power: 10164
CHALLENGERBIZJET has a reputation beyond reputeCHALLENGERBIZJET has a reputation beyond reputeCHALLENGERBIZJET has a reputation beyond reputeCHALLENGERBIZJET has a reputation beyond reputeCHALLENGERBIZJET has a reputation beyond reputeCHALLENGERBIZJET has a reputation beyond reputeCHALLENGERBIZJET has a reputation beyond reputeCHALLENGERBIZJET has a reputation beyond reputeCHALLENGERBIZJET has a reputation beyond reputeCHALLENGERBIZJET has a reputation beyond reputeCHALLENGERBIZJET has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2015 High Altitude Owners Thread

Is this stamped somewhere on the armrest itself?

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #1430  
Old 06-07-2016, 01:48 PM
CHALLENGERBIZJET's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,905
Thanks: 258
Thanked 189 Times in 152 Posts
Rep Power: 10164
CHALLENGERBIZJET has a reputation beyond reputeCHALLENGERBIZJET has a reputation beyond reputeCHALLENGERBIZJET has a reputation beyond reputeCHALLENGERBIZJET has a reputation beyond reputeCHALLENGERBIZJET has a reputation beyond reputeCHALLENGERBIZJET has a reputation beyond reputeCHALLENGERBIZJET has a reputation beyond reputeCHALLENGERBIZJET has a reputation beyond reputeCHALLENGERBIZJET has a reputation beyond reputeCHALLENGERBIZJET has a reputation beyond reputeCHALLENGERBIZJET has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2015 High Altitude Owners Thread

Has anyone had issues with the 2014 overland armrest not being the correct one?
Reply With Quote
  #1431  
Old 06-07-2016, 10:22 PM
duce95's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 225
Thanks: 4
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Rep Power: 2401
duce95 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 High Altitude Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHALLENGERBIZJET View Post
Has anyone had issues with the 2014 overland armrest not being the correct one?

Anything is possible with Chrysler.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2015 Bright White Overland High Altitude
20" Powder Coated Black Summit Wheels
5% tint
Reply With Quote
  #1432  
Old 06-08-2016, 02:15 AM
DallasGC's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2015 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 321
Thanks: 1
Thanked 71 Times in 48 Posts
Rep Power: 714
DallasGC is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 High Altitude Owners Thread

I found a set of Willy's wheels with 265/70/17 KO2's on them. Would these fit my HA with 1.25" spacers that I have on order? This would give me the look I want, plus allow me to take this off road without worrying about the stock wheels getting scratched.
Reply With Quote
  #1433  
Old 06-09-2016, 06:33 PM
Julesb's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 65
Thanks: 32
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Rep Power: 520
Julesb is on a distinguished road
Garage
Re: 2015 High Altitude Owners Thread

Finally got the arm rest. Yes!!!! Feels so much nicer than the vinyl one...also got the heated seats tsb.. And I can say that it's just as hot as any other car now. " toasty"... I know it's summer but I wanted it done sooner rather than later. Also put on some whispar roof racks. I think they look great. Thank to all the great info on this forum....
Reply With Quote
  #1434  
Old 06-09-2016, 10:21 PM
desertsnow's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 33
Thanks: 13
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 2920
desertsnow is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 High Altitude Owners Thread

Guess who's a HA owner now??? 2016 white with HK audio!!! Yasssss
__________________
2016 Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Reply With Quote
  #1435  
Old 06-09-2016, 11:19 PM
CHALLENGERBIZJET's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,905
Thanks: 258
Thanked 189 Times in 152 Posts
Rep Power: 10164
CHALLENGERBIZJET has a reputation beyond reputeCHALLENGERBIZJET has a reputation beyond reputeCHALLENGERBIZJET has a reputation beyond reputeCHALLENGERBIZJET has a reputation beyond reputeCHALLENGERBIZJET has a reputation beyond reputeCHALLENGERBIZJET has a reputation beyond reputeCHALLENGERBIZJET has a reputation beyond reputeCHALLENGERBIZJET has a reputation beyond reputeCHALLENGERBIZJET has a reputation beyond reputeCHALLENGERBIZJET has a reputation beyond reputeCHALLENGERBIZJET has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2015 High Altitude Owners Thread

If there's no pics then it never happened. 😎
Reply With Quote
  #1436  
Old 06-09-2016, 11:29 PM
JTS97Z28's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Plainfield, IL
Posts: 3,877
Thanks: 90
Thanked 627 Times in 458 Posts
Rep Power: 28831
JTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2015 High Altitude Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsnow View Post
Guess who's a HA owner now??? 2016 white with HK audio!!! Yasssss
Nice congrats!! I actually test drove a 2016 HA V6 the other day mainly because I wanted to see how the start/stop feature was and the other changes they did.
__________________
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude, Bright White, V6, HK audio
Reply With Quote
  #1437  
Old 06-12-2016, 06:50 AM
MDBones's Avatar
OVERLAND HIGH ALTITUDE
My Jeep: 2016 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Wisconsin's West Coast
Posts: 3,837
Thanks: 718
Thanked 676 Times in 557 Posts
Rep Power: 10956
MDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 2015 High Altitude Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 View Post
Nice congrats!! I actually test drove a 2016 HA V6 the other day mainly because I wanted to see how the start/stop feature was and the other changes they did.
Did you try out the sport mode on the steering?
__________________
http://www.jeepgarage.org/members/54562-albums357-picture4858.png
Reply With Quote
  #1438  
Old 06-12-2016, 07:51 AM
JTS97Z28's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Plainfield, IL
Posts: 3,877
Thanks: 90
Thanked 627 Times in 458 Posts
Rep Power: 28831
JTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2015 High Altitude Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDBones View Post
Did you try out the sport mode on the steering?
Yeah I did. The only problem is after I selected sport I completely forgot about it and didn't pay attention enough to notice it lol. So either the change is minimal enough to not really be noticeable, or I somehow was completely oblivious enough to not notice the differences. I wish I remembered to pay attention to the steering though as that was something I really wanted to check out.
My main thing was checking out the start/stop feature. So after the drive I'm still kind of undecided. I like the concept, but what sort of bothered me was the fact that the vehicle shutting off and turning on was noticeable. If they can make it so that it's seamless start/stop then I think it would be great.
A couple times when I put the vehicle in park it would shut off then immediately turn back on, only for me to turn it right back off to leave the car. Made no sense to me and I remember reading another member noticed that as well. That would drive me nuts!
I will say I do like the shifter! It has an excellent feel! I have no problems with my 2015 shifter and like that as well, but if I had a choice on which shifter I would take, I would go with the 2016 shifter.
I like the slightly revised digital instrument cluster. A couple very minor changes there that I though we're nice. The adaptive cruise icon turns green when it's activated which I liked. Another very minor change, but one I liked is for 2016 the aux/usb/SD slots in the lower dash compartment light up brightly during the day to make them visible. For 2014/2015 there is no illumination when the lights are off. However for 2015 they did add a blue ambient light that fills the compartment with a nice glow at night. 2014 did not have that. 2016 probably does but didn't get to drive at night.
As for the revised pentastar, I didn't notice any power differences, but we are also dealing with a brand new vehicle with 10 miles compared to my slightly broken in one with 4000 miles.
Overall I really liked it and would have no problems buying one, but would very much want to see the start/stop system improved on.
__________________
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude, Bright White, V6, HK audio
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JTS97Z28 For This Useful Post:
  #1439  
Old 06-12-2016, 08:36 AM
MDBones's Avatar
OVERLAND HIGH ALTITUDE
My Jeep: 2016 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Wisconsin's West Coast
Posts: 3,837
Thanks: 718
Thanked 676 Times in 557 Posts
Rep Power: 10956
MDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 2015 High Altitude Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 View Post
Yeah I did. The only problem is after I selected sport I completely forgot about it and didn't pay attention enough to notice it lol. So either the change is minimal enough to not really be noticeable, or I somehow was completely oblivious enough to not notice the differences. I wish I remembered to pay attention to the steering though as that was something I really wanted to check out.
My main thing was checking out the start/stop feature. So after the drive I'm still kind of undecided. I like the concept, but what sort of bothered me was the fact that the vehicle shutting off and turning on was noticeable. If they can make it so that it's seamless start/stop then I think it would be great.
A couple times when I put the vehicle in park it would shut off then immediately turn back on, only for me to turn it right back off to leave the car. Made no sense to me and I remember reading another member noticed that as well. That would drive me nuts!
I will say I do like the shifter! It has an excellent feel! I have no problems with my 2015 shifter and like that as well, but if I had a choice on which shifter I would take, I would go with the 2016 shifter.
I like the slightly revised digital instrument cluster. A couple very minor changes there that I though we're nice. The adaptive cruise icon turns green when it's activated which I liked. Another very minor change, but one I liked is for 2016 the aux/usb/SD slots in the lower dash compartment light up brightly during the day to make them visible. For 2014/2015 there is no illumination when the lights are off. However for 2015 they did add a blue ambient light that fills the compartment with a nice glow at night. 2014 did not have that. 2016 probably does but didn't get to drive at night.
As for the revised pentastar, I didn't notice any power differences, but we are also dealing with a brand new vehicle with 10 miles compared to my slightly broken in one with 4000 miles.
Overall I really liked it and would have no problems buying one, but would very much want to see the start/stop system improved on.
Yeah, I like the minor changes they made that you mention.

The biggest bitch I had with my 14 was the way the steering felt. When I picked up my 16 the default steering mode was set to normal. I switched it to sport mode before leaving the dealer's lot and I have to say what a difference that made. So much so that I never actually tried the normal or comfort modes. And I still haven't tried them... LOL.

ESS is noticeable but not as bad as I thought it would be. With that said, I don't use it and wouldn't care for start/stop kicking in while trying to park in my garage either. It had become second nature to turn ECO off every time I started my 14 that I don't even think of turning off ESS... I just do it from memory as part of the start up procedure. If Jeep hadn't provided the ability to do that then I most likely would've gone with a V8.

On the 3.6L, to me there's a noticeable difference in power between my 14 and 16. Even more so, the transmission up and downshift patterns seem to have been improved between the model years. The 16 feels a lot better all the way around.

I like the new shifter as well. For those who have complained about the 14-15 shifter... if you don't like the new 16 shifter then you won't like anything. It's about as close as you can get to the feel and operation of the old tried and true mechanical shifters without actually being mechanical.

Mine is going into the dealer this week for the S16 and S28 recalls. My understanding is that the S28 recall for the wire crimp problem calls for replacing the gear selector assy. We'll see how that goes. S16 is for the brake caliper and I found out that they have to remove the wheel to get to the part number cast into the caliper. I'll be having a talk with the tech directly about not F'in up the finish on my black wheel in the process.
__________________
http://www.jeepgarage.org/members/54562-albums357-picture4858.png
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MDBones For This Useful Post:
  #1440  
Old 06-12-2016, 10:40 AM
trance3's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2016 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 112
Thanks: 52
Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Rep Power: 513
trance3 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 High Altitude Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDBones View Post
Yeah, I like the minor changes they made that you mention.


Mine is going into the dealer this week for the S16 and S28 recalls. My understanding is that the S28 recall for the wire crimp problem calls for replacing the gear selector assy. We'll see how that goes. S16 is for the brake caliper and I found out that they have to remove the wheel to get to the part number cast into the caliper. I'll be having a talk with the tech directly about not F'in up the finish on my black wheel in the process.
+1 on new Shifter.

Wondering if S16 is only for Gas engines. I only have S28 pending, and I am not in a hurry to get it fixed. They have manufactured 30K plus vehicles since mid of 2015 with mis-aligned crimping tool that caused the wire crimp problem, and they only have 2-3 incidents from this. I want to get it fixed, but thinking about getting it in another 4k miles, when my GC will go for oil change.
__________________
2016 Overland HA + Diesel + HK
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2015

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My 2015 High Altitude :: 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland High Altitude jgc4ever Member Garage Discussions 2 05-13-2016 09:51 AM
Uk owners uk owners uk owners uk owners Cornish dave Grand Cherokee - WJ 4 12-11-2012 10:48 AM

» Premium Vendor Showcase
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.