2015-2016 High Altitude Owners Thread - Page 136 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 -

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1621  
Old 07-12-2016, 11:35 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 841
Thanks: 53
Thanked 156 Times in 105 Posts
Rep Power: 18878
protect1989 has a reputation beyond reputeprotect1989 has a reputation beyond reputeprotect1989 has a reputation beyond reputeprotect1989 has a reputation beyond reputeprotect1989 has a reputation beyond reputeprotect1989 has a reputation beyond reputeprotect1989 has a reputation beyond reputeprotect1989 has a reputation beyond reputeprotect1989 has a reputation beyond reputeprotect1989 has a reputation beyond reputeprotect1989 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 2015-2016 High Altitude Owners Thread

Depends on how much the negative equity is.

A large amount of negative equity is going to make less impact on the monthly if spread over 48 months compared to being spread over 36.

__________________
2015 Overland V6
Billet Silver
Advanced Tech
Mods: Gunvault, Rear Slush Mat, Tint, Valentine One, LED Fog lamps, Michelin Premier LTX

Previous Jeeps:
2007 & 2011 - Laredo
2014 - Limited

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #1622  
Old 07-12-2016, 11:43 AM
antjones21's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2016 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 67
Thanks: 25
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 991
antjones21 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Re: 2015-2016 High Altitude Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by protect1989 View Post
Depends on how much the negative equity is.

A large amount of negative equity is going to make less impact on the monthly if spread over 48 months compared to being spread over 36.
Ok that makes sense but I guess the part that has me confused is this.

Negative equity is $4000 (They offered to give me another $1500 on my trade in) to bring it to 2500 negative equity.
They are given me $7000 off $51,085 MSRP which = $44085
I'm putting down $2500

Shouldn't those numbers basically cancel out the negative equity? And basically it comes out to leasing at $45,000 with nothing down.
Reply With Quote
  #1623  
Old 07-12-2016, 01:02 PM
not_too_shabby's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 643
Thanks: 3
Thanked 29 Times in 25 Posts
Rep Power: 2021
not_too_shabby has a brilliant future
Re: 2015-2016 High Altitude Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by antjones21 View Post
Ok that makes sense but I guess the part that has me confused is this.

Negative equity is $4000 (They offered to give me another $1500 on my trade in) to bring it to 2500 negative equity.
They are given me $7000 off $51,085 MSRP which = $44085
I'm putting down $2500

Shouldn't those numbers basically cancel out the negative equity? And basically it comes out to leasing at $45,000 with nothing down.
You need to find out the money factor(interest rate) and residual for the two lease terms then calculate the payments yourself(I have an app on the app store, iLeaseMyCar Pro). You are at a significant negotiating disadvantage without that info. The problem with a 48 month lease is you will be out of warranty for a year. One of the nice things that leasing can provide is no unexpected repair costs because you are always in a vehicle that is under warranty.
__________________
2015 Grand Cherokee High Altitude 4x4 V6
Granite
Download my App - iLeaseMyCar Pro Auto Loan and Lease Calculator for iPhone or iPad
Reply With Quote
  #1624  
Old 07-12-2016, 03:53 PM
kirbyaltitude's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 46
Thanks: 35
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 429
kirbyaltitude is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015-2016 High Altitude Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 View Post
Got my '15 HA back from th dealership yesterday after a week in a loaner. It seems like they did a nice job! Two recalls complete and I verified the shifter recall works. It definitely slams it in park once the Jeep starts rolling lol. I might not try doing that again LOL.
Heated seat TSB absolutely works! My heated seat gets very toasty so that will be nice when winter comes around.
My recently developed harsh 2-3 shift is smooth as can be now with the replacement of the valve body. Hopefully that lasts.
It's nice to be back in my HA!

I also have the harsh 2-3 shift in my '15 HA which I am going to get checked out. I thought it was the PCM update that was to remedy that problem. Is that different from the valve body they replaced for you or in addition to the update?


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
__________________
2015 Overland High Altitude/Black/Harman Kardon/Xenon Depot HID 5K Fogs/VLED V3 Triton Brake Lights/LED Reverse Lights
Reply With Quote
  #1625  
Old 07-12-2016, 04:05 PM
blk14altitude's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Brunswick, O-H...I-O
Posts: 199
Thanks: 16
Thanked 33 Times in 24 Posts
Rep Power: 1189
blk14altitude has a reputation beyond reputeblk14altitude has a reputation beyond reputeblk14altitude has a reputation beyond reputeblk14altitude has a reputation beyond reputeblk14altitude has a reputation beyond reputeblk14altitude has a reputation beyond reputeblk14altitude has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 2015-2016 High Altitude Owners Thread

Got a new noise in my HA. When making sharp turns I can hear what seems to be a plastic part sliding behind the radio/HVAC center display. It sounds like it's moving about 6-8".

Anyone else??? I checked the glove box, nothing in there but the owners manual. Nothing in the USB storage bin. Tried reaching through the sides of the lower console but no access there. Guess I'll have the dealer look for it when it goes in for the shifter recall.
__________________
OLD:: 2014 Cherokee Altitude

NEW:: 2015 Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Reply With Quote
  #1626  
Old 07-12-2016, 09:56 PM
muser99's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2016 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 513
Thanks: 1
Thanked 72 Times in 52 Posts
Rep Power: 15801
muser99 has a reputation beyond reputemuser99 has a reputation beyond reputemuser99 has a reputation beyond reputemuser99 has a reputation beyond reputemuser99 has a reputation beyond reputemuser99 has a reputation beyond reputemuser99 has a reputation beyond reputemuser99 has a reputation beyond reputemuser99 has a reputation beyond reputemuser99 has a reputation beyond reputemuser99 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2015-2016 High Altitude Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by antjones21 View Post
I'm trying to get out of my '14 Altitude and get into a '16 High Altitude and I have some negative equity so my payment is going to be a little higher than I want. I notice a lot of people in this thread have gotten 36 month leases with a decent payment. The Dealer is telling me that the best deal is on the 48 month lease. I really don't want to do a 4 year lease, but they said it's a lot more to do the 3 year one. Just curious if it depends on the dealer or is it because I have the negative equity?

1st thing u should do is not go to a dealer, go through a leasing company


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #1627  
Old 07-12-2016, 11:23 PM
melloww22's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 93
Thanks: 1
Thanked 19 Times in 19 Posts
Rep Power: 456
melloww22 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015-2016 High Altitude Owners Thread

Has anyone installed electric cutouts for the exhaust on their JGC?

http://youtu.be/R2Az2UbFJps




Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #1628  
Old 07-13-2016, 08:42 AM
JTS97Z28's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Plainfield, IL
Posts: 3,786
Thanks: 84
Thanked 602 Times in 443 Posts
Rep Power: 28590
JTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2015-2016 High Altitude Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbyaltitude View Post
I also have the harsh 2-3 shift in my '15 HA which I am going to get checked out. I thought it was the PCM update that was to remedy that problem. Is that different from the valve body they replaced for you or in addition to the update?
No, software updates do not fix the harsh shifting V6 tranny. It requires them to change the valve body and do the relearn procedure. With that said, unfortunately I hate to say it, but now 50 miles after the work was done, now I have a harsh 3-2 downshift. One other guy had the same issue. They fixed the harsh 2-3 upshifts, then a while later the 3-2 downshift went bad. I guess I gotta make another appointment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk14altitude View Post
Got a new noise in my HA. When making sharp turns I can hear what seems to be a plastic part sliding behind the radio/HVAC center display. It sounds like it's moving about 6-8".

Anyone else??? I checked the glove box, nothing in there but the owners manual. Nothing in the USB storage bin. Tried reaching through the sides of the lower console but no access there. Guess I'll have the dealer look for it when it goes in for the shifter recall.
Funny you mention this. A while back in my search for an HA, I test drive a '15 HA and it had something rolling around in the dash during turns. What was odd though is that it seemed to roll the entire length of the dash lol. Best way to describe it was like a marble rolling around back and forth during turns. No idea what it ever was, but I was glad to give that particular HA back. It also had quadra-lift suspension issues during the test drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melloww22 View Post
Has anyone installed electric cutouts for the exhaust on their JGC?

http://youtu.be/R2Az2UbFJps
Can't imagine those sounding good on either engine, V6 or V8. Any cutout I have ever heard just makes the car sound like an old pickup truck with a flow master muffler on it....in other words, not good lol.
__________________
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude, Bright White, V6, HK audio
Reply With Quote
  #1629  
Old 07-13-2016, 11:45 AM
englanderm's Avatar
My First Jeep/'15 HA/3.6/Love It!
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Boca Raton
Posts: 297
Thanks: 53
Thanked 59 Times in 47 Posts
Rep Power: 713
englanderm is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015-2016 High Altitude Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 View Post
No, software updates do not fix the harsh shifting V6 tranny. It requires them to change the valve body and do the relearn procedure. With that said, unfortunately I hate to say it, but now 50 miles after the work was done, now I have a harsh 3-2 downshift. One other guy had the same issue. They fixed the harsh 2-3 upshifts, then a while later the 3-2 downshift went bad. I guess I gotta make another appointment
JT:
Are you confident that it's the 2-3 and 3-2 shifts? How are you determining this? At times, when I punch it, the downshift seems rough, but only at times. I've had no issues upshifting, with 10k miles. Maybe I'm just a lucky one. Incidentally, my wheel well replacement trim is in and will be installed after they spray it Bright White.
Reply With Quote
  #1630  
Old 07-13-2016, 11:57 AM
JTS97Z28's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Plainfield, IL
Posts: 3,786
Thanks: 84
Thanked 602 Times in 443 Posts
Rep Power: 28590
JTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2015-2016 High Altitude Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by englanderm View Post
JT:
Are you confident that it's the 2-3 and 3-2 shifts? How are you determining this? At times, when I punch it, the downshift seems rough, but only at times. I've had no issues upshifting, with 10k miles. Maybe I'm just a lucky one. Incidentally, my wheel well replacement trim is in and will be installed after they spray it Bright White.
Yes, because I closely monitor what gear my vehicle is in right on the dash. Originally the problem was a harsh 2-3 upshift when transmission temp was below 130 degrees. After the dealership replaced the valve body, the 2-3 upshift was perfectly smooth, but after 50 miles then the 3-2 downshift went bad. Now it consistently has the rough down shift regardless of tranny temp.
Remember, if you have it selected on your dash screen, you can see real time what gear your transmission is in on the right side of the screen next to the gear select indicator.
__________________
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude, Bright White, V6, HK audio
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JTS97Z28 For This Useful Post:
  #1631  
Old 07-13-2016, 12:07 PM
antjones21's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2016 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 67
Thanks: 25
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 991
antjones21 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Re: 2015-2016 High Altitude Owners Thread

Did anyone who went from a '14 Limited or Altitude have a big increase in their car insurance? I called to get a HA quote and it's going up close to $50 a month.
Reply With Quote
  #1632  
Old 07-13-2016, 12:30 PM
DallasGC's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2015 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 321
Thanks: 1
Thanked 69 Times in 46 Posts
Rep Power: 577
DallasGC is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015-2016 High Altitude Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by antjones21 View Post
Did anyone who went from a '14 Limited or Altitude have a big increase in their car insurance? I called to get a HA quote and it's going up close to $50 a month.
I know when I went from a Rubicon to a HA it went up $30/month.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2015

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My 2015 High Altitude :: 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland High Altitude jgc4ever Member Garage Discussions 2 05-13-2016 10:51 AM
Uk owners uk owners uk owners uk owners Cornish dave Grand Cherokee - WJ 4 12-11-2012 11:48 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.