2015-2016 High Altitude Owners Thread - Page 85 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 -

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1009  
Old 04-04-2016, 05:37 PM
jgc4ever's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2015 WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,953
Thanks: 164
Thanked 226 Times in 182 Posts
Rep Power: 1161904
jgc4ever has a reputation beyond reputejgc4ever has a reputation beyond reputejgc4ever has a reputation beyond reputejgc4ever has a reputation beyond reputejgc4ever has a reputation beyond reputejgc4ever has a reputation beyond reputejgc4ever has a reputation beyond reputejgc4ever has a reputation beyond reputejgc4ever has a reputation beyond reputejgc4ever has a reputation beyond reputejgc4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
2015 High Altitude Owners Thread

I thought silver stitching was an error as soon as I saw pictures when the HA first came out. The silver stitching does match the silver parts though but I'm wondering if it's vinyl too. Your Summit middle console mod idea is something I've been thinking about too, but would hate to go to the expense and effort only to miss the silver stitching. I was more confident the middle console in my Overland was leather than I am that my High Altitude is.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #1010  
Old 04-04-2016, 06:09 PM
JTS97Z28's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Plainfield, IL
Posts: 3,868
Thanks: 90
Thanked 620 Times in 456 Posts
Rep Power: 28713
JTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2015 High Altitude Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgc4ever View Post
I thought silver stitching was an error as soon as I saw pictures when the HA first came out. The silver stitching does match the silver parts though but I'm wondering if it's vinyl too. Your Summit middle console mod idea is something I've been thinking about too, but would hate to go to the expense and effort only to miss the silver stitching. I was more confident the middle console in my Overland was leather than I am that my High Altitude is.
Yeah to me going with the newer HA and Summit console the black stitching is actually a benefit and wouldn't be missed. Its minor and not even that noticeable, but to me all the interior stitching should match and be consistent. Just like all the other Grand Cherokee models have consistent stitching throughout. Only the earlier HA's got the mismatched console.

There is a used complete Summit console on ebay right now for $274 bucks. I wonder if I bought that, swapped the arm rest with my current one and re-sold I could make maybe half that money back. Could be doable.
__________________
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude, Bright White, V6, HK audio
Reply With Quote
  #1011  
Old 04-04-2016, 06:46 PM
MDBones's Avatar
OVERLAND HIGH ALTITUDE
My Jeep: 2016 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Wisconsin's West Coast
Posts: 3,592
Thanks: 630
Thanked 613 Times in 503 Posts
Rep Power: 10615
MDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 2015 High Altitude Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 View Post
Question for you HA owners. I am thoroughly enjoying my 2015 HA, but coming from a Summit I do sort of miss the fancier interior. One thing that has me a bit confused in the HA is the center console arm rest and differences between them. The console in my '15 HA feels like crappy vinyl where as my Summit felt like a very high end leather. It's a big deal to me since I see and feel the arm rest everytime I drive the car. I also never liked the mismatched silver stitching when the rest of the interior has black stitching.

So I was at my dealer today getting a complimentary car wash and looked at a few Jeeps. I was pleasantly surprised to see for the 2016 HA they added the much nicer Summit console lid with matching black stitching. Then in the showroom I sat in an HA thinking it was a 2016 as it had the new console, but it was a 2015?!? So was the Summit console some sort of a late 2015 running change or what? I thought my HA having a 12/15 build date was a very late built one. So what gives here? When did they switch to the nicer console? Wish mine had it.
What arm rest console does your HA have?
It's not cheap, but I really want to buy the Summit lid. Online shows $274.
The white 16 HA my dealer swapped to get my granite 16 HA had silver (looked white to me) stitching on the console lid. Everything else was black stitching.

On the 16 HA I got, the console stitching was black like everything else. Build dates were almost on top of each other so it's kind of hard to make sense out of the randomness of what lid stitching you get.

I do notice a significant difference in the leather grain pattern and feel compared to the leather found elsewhere in my 16 HA. That really stood out like a sore thumb to me. So I have to agree, it makes me wonder whether it's even leather... even with the black stitching.
__________________
http://www.jeepgarage.org/members/54562-albums357-picture4289.png
Reply With Quote
  #1012  
Old 04-04-2016, 07:07 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 250
Thanks: 36
Thanked 57 Times in 42 Posts
Rep Power: 596
petey2133 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 High Altitude Owners Thread

Do you have any photos. I would love to look when I get home to see the difference. I have a November built 2015 HA


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to petey2133 For This Useful Post:
  #1013  
Old 04-04-2016, 07:09 PM
MDBones's Avatar
OVERLAND HIGH ALTITUDE
My Jeep: 2016 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Wisconsin's West Coast
Posts: 3,592
Thanks: 630
Thanked 613 Times in 503 Posts
Rep Power: 10615
MDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 2015 High Altitude Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by petey2133 View Post
Do you have any photos. I would love to look when I get home to see the difference. I have a November built 2015 HA
Sorry petey, not at this time. When I do I'll try to get some decent closeups of the console lid.
__________________
http://www.jeepgarage.org/members/54562-albums357-picture4289.png
Reply With Quote
  #1014  
Old 04-04-2016, 07:11 PM
JTS97Z28's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Plainfield, IL
Posts: 3,868
Thanks: 90
Thanked 620 Times in 456 Posts
Rep Power: 28713
JTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2015 High Altitude Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDBones View Post
The white 16 HA my dealer swapped to get my granite 16 HA had silver (looked white to me) stitching on the console lid. Everything else was black stitching.

On the 16 HA I got, the console stitching was black like everything else. Build dates were almost on top of each other so it's kind of hard to make sense out of the randomness of what lid stitching you get.

I do notice a significant difference in the leather grain pattern and feel compared to the leather found elsewhere in my 16 HA. That really stood out like a sore thumb to me. So I have to agree, it makes me wonder whether it's even leather... even with the black stitching.
Very weird, ok so it sounds almost like they literally reach into the center console bin at the factory and its a surprise for every HA lol.
It seems that the black stitched lids are the much higher quality leather ones and the same that is used in the black interior Summits. Some here might think what the heck am I talking about, but if you sat in a Summit, then a silver stitched HA the differences are night and day in the console leather quality. The Summit lid is a very soft and smooth leather, and the silver stitched HA consoles feel like something you would expect in a Laredo or whatever (no offense). Like a kind of stickier, glossier vinyl...for lack of better terms.
Any black stitched HA owners wanna trade for silver stitched lid?

Edit...I just found this.... This is a picture of a Laredo interior with leather. Sure as shit its the silver stitched lid which MATCHES the stitching on the seats. I honestly think those of us with the silver stitched lids kinda of got hosed lol.
__________________
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude, Bright White, V6, HK audio
Reply With Quote
  #1015  
Old 04-04-2016, 07:19 PM
DallasGC's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2015 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 321
Thanks: 1
Thanked 71 Times in 48 Posts
Rep Power: 618
DallasGC is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 High Altitude Owners Thread

My HA is the nicest vehicle I have ever driven and stitching doesn't change that.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #1016  
Old 04-04-2016, 07:21 PM
englanderm's Avatar
My First Jeep/'15 HA/3.6/Love It!
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Boca Raton
Posts: 297
Thanks: 53
Thanked 59 Times in 47 Posts
Rep Power: 754
englanderm is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 High Altitude Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 View Post
Question for you HA owners. I am thoroughly enjoying my 2015 HA, but coming from a Summit I do sort of miss the fancier interior. One thing that has me a bit confused in the HA is the center console arm rest and differences between them. The console in my '15 HA feels like crappy vinyl where as my Summit felt like a very high end leather. It's a big deal to me since I see and feel the arm rest everytime I drive the car. I also never liked the mismatched silver stitching when the rest of the interior has black stitching.

So I was at my dealer today getting a complimentary car wash and looked at a few Jeeps. I was pleasantly surprised to see for the 2016 HA they added the much nicer Summit console lid with matching black stitching. Then in the showroom I sat in an HA thinking it was a 2016 as it had the new console, but it was a 2015?!? So was the Summit console some sort of a late 2015 running change or what? I thought my HA having a 12/15 build date was a very late built one. So what gives here? When did they switch to the nicer console? Wish mine had it.
What arm rest console does your HA have?
It's not cheap, but I really want to buy the Summit lid. Online shows $274.
I thought my 15 HA console seemed pretty nice. Tomorrow I'm going to the dealership to examine others. Now you have me wondering what I've missed. Please post pics of yours to compare.
Reply With Quote
  #1017  
Old 04-04-2016, 07:33 PM
JTS97Z28's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Plainfield, IL
Posts: 3,868
Thanks: 90
Thanked 620 Times in 456 Posts
Rep Power: 28713
JTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2015 High Altitude Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by englanderm View Post
I thought my 15 HA console seemed pretty nice. Tomorrow I'm going to the dealership to examine others. Now you have me wondering what I've missed. Please post pics of yours to compare.
Mine's the same as the one pictured above in the Laredo interior shot. The nicer one with the black stitching can be seen in either a Summit or in most newer High Altitudes.

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasGC View Post
My HA is the nicest vehicle I have ever driven and stitching doesn't change that.
They are great vehicles I'm not arguing that. Its not the stitching that bothers me that much, although I would prefer it to match, its the leather on the console that I'm speaking of mainly. Someone new to Grand Cherokee wouldn't know the difference, but I previously had a Summit and its a noticeable improvement between the two.
__________________
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude, Bright White, V6, HK audio
Reply With Quote
  #1018  
Old 04-04-2016, 07:50 PM
MDBones's Avatar
OVERLAND HIGH ALTITUDE
My Jeep: 2016 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Wisconsin's West Coast
Posts: 3,592
Thanks: 630
Thanked 613 Times in 503 Posts
Rep Power: 10615
MDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 2015 High Altitude Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 View Post
Very weird, ok so it sounds almost like they literally reach into the center console bin at the factory and its a surprise for every HA lol.
It seems that the black stitched lids are the much higher quality leather ones and the same that is used in the black interior Summits. Some here might think what the heck am I talking about, but if you sat in a Summit, then a silver stitched HA the differences are night and day in the console leather quality. The Summit lid is a very soft and smooth leather, and the silver stitched HA consoles feel like something you would expect in a Laredo or whatever (no offense). Like a kind of stickier, glossier vinyl...for lack of better terms.
Any black stitched HA owners wanna trade for silver stitched lid?

Edit...I just found this.... This is a picture of a Laredo interior with leather. Sure as shit its the silver stitched lid which MATCHES the stitching on the seats. I honestly think those of us with the silver stitched lids kinda of got hosed lol.

Here's the thing... the leather lid in my 14 Overland had the white stitching which matched all the other stitching in the vehicle. The leather was smooth, showed no grain... it was a perfect match with the seats. Kind of like what you're trying to explain about the Summit's. It looked a lot like the lid in your picture.

On my 16 HA, I have the black stitching but the leather lid has a very heavy, pebble-like texture to it. It doesn't match the seats at all (which are as smooth as my 14's) and this texture is even more pronounced than the texture you find on the dash. I doubt that's how it is in the Summit.

It looks like something out of an old, cheap leather grained vinyl interior. It's just really weird.
__________________
http://www.jeepgarage.org/members/54562-albums357-picture4289.png
Reply With Quote
  #1019  
Old 04-04-2016, 08:03 PM
JTS97Z28's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Plainfield, IL
Posts: 3,868
Thanks: 90
Thanked 620 Times in 456 Posts
Rep Power: 28713
JTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2015 High Altitude Owners Thread

Well then let's trade. I want the black stitched one with the non-matching leather. Maybe a win win for the both of us?
Any chance you can snap a couple shots of yours?
Here is mine, I just took this pic.

__________________
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude, Bright White, V6, HK audio
Reply With Quote
  #1020  
Old 04-04-2016, 08:13 PM
MDBones's Avatar
OVERLAND HIGH ALTITUDE
My Jeep: 2016 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Wisconsin's West Coast
Posts: 3,592
Thanks: 630
Thanked 613 Times in 503 Posts
Rep Power: 10615
MDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 2015 High Altitude Owners Thread

Can't right now, JTS... don't have camera access handy at the moment. I'll try to get some later. That pic looks like the console straight out of my 14.

What drove me to the HA was that I just couldn't accept white stitching on the steering wheel like they use on the Overland now. LOL... so sorry, no trade.
__________________
http://www.jeepgarage.org/members/54562-albums357-picture4289.png
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2015

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My 2015 High Altitude :: 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland High Altitude jgc4ever Member Garage Discussions 2 05-13-2016 10:51 AM
Uk owners uk owners uk owners uk owners Cornish dave Grand Cherokee - WJ 4 12-11-2012 11:48 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.