Originally Posted by boostjuice21
I know this thread is almost 2 months old but I am looking at leasing a 15 altitude and was given a monthly price of 484 with nothing out of pocket. Should I just hold off for another month or two once the order banks open for the 2016's to see if they will offer a better deal?
It depends how long your lease is for. Also when dealerships look at leasing they find it one of the best ways to make the most money since they will be getting the car back at the end of the lease to turn around and sell as a new used etc... However in saying this, you can use this to your advantage and try and get the lowest monthly price, but then again extending your lease for an extra year or 2. If your credit is good enough, I would argue that 484$ would be closer to a different package and that you are only wanting an altitude, regardless of supply and demand. Throw in the "other dealership price (imaginary) at 445$" to see if they will move down.
Best way I found to play with dealerships is to go to several, come CLOSE to an agreement, and ask them to sign the paper that you have been dealing on with the price quote they gave you and use that at each dealership you visit for competition, until you get close to the price you want to pay. It's all a game. If they ask why to sign it, tell them you want to take it home speak to your wife about it etc. and that you want to have this concrete for maybe 48 hours so when you return you only have to show them this paper to get your deal. WORKS EVERYTIME...