Originally Posted by Marlon_JB2
GCOverland, it's been done before with the 2004 WJ.
That's interesting, Marlon.
2004 was before my "active Jeep-time" (in other words, before the brand got my close attention).
I'd love to see the all-new model in 2016 as a MY17 because it would fit my schedule better since I'm planning on getting my next Jeep this October. If we would get an all-new MY17 GC, I could switch to the new one when the warranty of my October lease/purchase expires. That would put me into a MY18 - the second MY of the new one which would be perfect.
I'm not so sure I would want an all-new GC in its first MY and that's why I hope you are right.
Unless I know for sure what's going on 'til I take delivery, I'll probably finance and maybe get the shortest available Maximum Care extended warranty at a later point in time - depending on how the schedule plays out. That would give me the option to either switch to the "major update" after 2 years, get the MY18 second MY of the all-new GC after 3 years or, if it is indeed delayed, the MY19 second MY of the all-new GC after 4 years after buying my MY15 GC.