excellent info thread, thanks all!
noob here, obviously don't have a jgc, but interested.
like quiet so new acoustic glass and active noise cancellation on '15 summit is of interest.
maybe not the right place to post, but couple of questions...
- i've only looked a little into the uconnect 'apps' and system in general, but my impression was the apps aren't that great - don't really want to use my phone data plan for pandora, etc. or sign up for the car data service / hot spot... opinions?
- just watched alex on cars review of uconnect and he says the hot spot feature is 3g only, is that right? dealer told me it uses sprint, correct?
- listened to hk audio, only briefly, on radio, and like alex on cars review also said, it seems a bit bass and highs heavy? maybe the eq gives enough leeway to get it sounding kinda 'straight'.
- navigation - when i saw it i wondered why it doesn't occupy full screen with map, that the different system mode buttons stay below, but apparently the nav system is a garmin app running within the uconnect setup, is that right? frankly i'd prefer not to get nav now as i can use my phone, but i guess with a summit there's no choice.
- the panoramic roof is huge, but i wish i could get the vehicle without it! in florida it isn't very useful.
- the reg cherokee apparently has lane departure but the jgc doesn't which is disappointing.
on a positive note obviously i like the vehicle or i wouldn't be posting here.
for ref i currently have an '06 v8 rwd explorer which interestingly is VERY similar in size to the jgc. i don't need 3 rows, but i like the cargo space of an suv and i want a comfy quiet smooth vehicle. doesn't have to be rocket as that just means tickets these days.
the jgc ride is definitely cushier than the explorer's. my old explorer is still quiet and i find the factory audio to be very good.
any feedback appreciated... thanks!