Originally Posted by jorsr
I have been waiting to order a 2016 HA but I an not sure when that happens or when I would get it ,so the dealer called me today and said they were taken delivery of a new 15 HA this week color & options that I want and said there was 2500 in rebates now . I know if I buy the 15 it will be a year old in 3 months ,just wish there was more rebates
Tell him that you'll wait.
Odds are they will "find" more motivation and more rebates.
And...as the clock keeps ticking...they will get more and more willing to do so.
The challenge is to not wait too long. Eventually they will find someone who isnt as patient.
This whole delayed start...with a relative firm (supposedly) end for the MY16 is compressing their sales window.
2015 inventory is gonna stagnate while folks hold their breath to see whats gonna happen.
2016 options will go quick...but not as quick as if Jeep had met their initial expectations. Now, relatively knowledgeable consumers are being cautious and wondering wtf is going on behind the curtains and where it makes more sense to just wait a couple more months for a 17.
In short...just my non-professional opinion...the dalays make this a buyers-market. And while the delays annoy us...it COSTS them.
Granted, they will NEVER be at risk of having too many jeeps...they know what they are doing.
But I have a hunch that they want to see inventory (and money) moving just as much as we do.
I'd play it cool. I'd let them know that I appreciate them keeping me in mind but that I am considering my options. Then go back to them in a week with some "questions" just to let them think that you are still circling the hook.
Just maybe...they'll add more bait.