Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 -

Join Jeep Garage Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #25  
Old 08-08-2013, 10:46 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 421
TexbowJ is on a distinguished road
Re: 9500 Mile update

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp467 View Post
You sound like a very important person. I'm surprised you are even the one taking to the dealer. You don't have someone to take care of this for you?
Good grief jp! This guy is venting and trying to inform and this is your comment?

Tell us, what do you expect from customer service when you have a serious (or many) problem with your new vehicle? Time is money and I'd bet if you punch a clock and had been taking off to deal with this you'd rethink your post.
__________________

__________________
  #26  
Old 08-08-2013, 11:14 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 192
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 676
RFF111 is on a distinguished road
Re: 9500 Mile update

"interval wiper failure: the delay setting on the stalk works like you expect of you have automatic wipers turned off in uconnect. If auto wipers are turned on, it is actually a sensitivity adjustment"

I am literally getting a message in my EVIC stating that there is a malfunction with my automatic wipers along with a message saying that my blind spot monitoring is unavailable....both are not working at this moment
__________________

__________________
  #27  
Old 08-08-2013, 11:22 AM
Chunderboy's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 953
Thanks: 0
Thanked 21 Times in 14 Posts
Rep Power: 77824
Chunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 9500 Mile update

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFF111 View Post
"interval wiper failure: the delay setting on the stalk works like you expect of you have automatic wipers turned off in uconnect. If auto wipers are turned on, it is actually a sensitivity adjustment"

I am literally getting a message in my EVIC stating that there is a malfunction with my automatic wipers along with a message saying that my blind spot monitoring is unavailable....both are not working at this moment
Man, I do love the 14, but I am pretty glad I have the 13 at the moment. Sorry you guys are having all of these issues.
__________________
  #28  
Old 08-08-2013, 11:24 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 192
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 676
RFF111 is on a distinguished road
Re: 9500 Mile update

The irony in all of this is that the '14 JGC is a brilliant SUV theoretically........truth be told, it really has no competitors, from a capabillity, looks and technology perspective, especially at a majority of the price points offered by Chrysler.....unfortunately, the execution is simply not there at the moment....which is why we all face such a agonizing conundrum....I HATE the fact that I may be forced to get rid of this truck because I really do love it.....if it was right, or even just acceptable, I would be a VERY happy owner.........what I am experiencing now is unacceptable, unfortunately....
__________________
  #29  
Old 08-08-2013, 11:38 AM
bill_de's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5,788
Thanks: 291
Thanked 285 Times in 252 Posts
Rep Power: 1801199
bill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 9500 Mile update

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFF111 View Post
Theirony in all of this is that the '14 JGC is a brilliant SUV theoretically........truth be told, it really has no competitors, from a capabillity, looks and technology perspective, especially at a majority of the price points offered by Chrysler.....unfortunately, the execution is simply not there at the moment....which is why we all face such a agonizing conundrum....I HATE the fact that I may be forced to get rid of this truck because I really do love it.....if it was right, or even just acceptable, I would be a VERY happy owner.........what I am experiencing now is unacceptable, unfortunately....
Most of us just have some car problems. Those who elevate these problems to anything agonizing might want to put things in perspective. They will all smile more and kick the dog less. The dog will thank you.
__________________
If you need a shoulder to cry on ...

... pull over to the side of the road!

The Following User Says Thank You to bill_de For This Useful Post:
  #30  
Old 08-08-2013, 11:54 AM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,170
Thanks: 1
Thanked 21 Times in 21 Posts
Rep Power: 3033
jp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 9500 Mile update

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexbowJ View Post
Good grief jp! This guy is venting and trying to inform and this is your comment?

Tell us, what do you expect from customer service when you have a serious (or many) problem with your new vehicle? Time is money and I'd bet if you punch a clock and had been taking off to deal with this you'd rethink your post.

I understand someone having problems and not being happy about it. I would be pissed off also if I kept having issues that could not be resolved. I think the biggest problem is the dealers more than anything. When any new vehicle comes out there will be some issues to iron out, but when you have dealers that know nothing about the product that's where the biggest problem comes in. I was referring to this attitude where people put themselves above everyone else. When people make comments about how important they are and other comments about how they should not have to deal with the Wal Mart type people in the waiting area. I just laugh at these people that walk around with their nose up in the air.
__________________
The Following User Says Thank You to jp467 For This Useful Post:
  #31  
Old 08-08-2013, 12:11 PM
Chunderboy's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 953
Thanks: 0
Thanked 21 Times in 14 Posts
Rep Power: 77824
Chunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 9500 Mile update

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp467 View Post
I understand someone having problems and not being happy about it. I would be pissed off also if I kept having issues that could not be resolved. I think the biggest problem is the dealers more than anything. When any new vehicle comes out there will be some issues to iron out, but when you have dealers that know nothing about the product that's where the biggest problem comes in. I was referring to this attitude where people put themselves above everyone else. When people make comments about how important they are and other comments about how they should not have to deal with the Wal Mart type people in the waiting area. I just laugh at these people that walk around with their nose up in the air.
I see you amended your post. Good man
__________________
  #32  
Old 08-08-2013, 12:44 PM
JeeperJohn's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northeastern Pennsylvania
Posts: 515
Thanks: 83
Thanked 58 Times in 31 Posts
Rep Power: 7892
JeeperJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJeeperJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJeeperJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJeeperJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJeeperJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJeeperJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJeeperJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJeeperJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJeeperJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJeeperJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJeeperJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 9500 Mile update

I feel so badly for everyone who has these kinds of problems. Yet my order was the first one placed on this forum and the Jeep has been flawless. Just under 7000 miles and I've never had it to the dealership except for an oil change. Why do some have so many problems and others are just perfect? I have no idea but I assure you they're not all bad.

Good luck to you, I hope the issues get resolved!
__________________
Sold - 2008 Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7
Wife's Mall Crawler

Sold - 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7
Black Crystal Pearl / Saddle

Delivered: '14 Summit, Deep Cherry Red / Jeep Brown, 5.7, 4x4, CD player
21,000 miles, still flawless
  #33  
Old 08-08-2013, 12:54 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 192
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 676
RFF111 is on a distinguished road
Re: 9500 Mile update

I never said I was important. I just happen to have a high-stress/high-profile job that requires the majority of my attention during the week (and on weekends at times). I am not wealthy, I am not privileged, I do not feel entitled. However, I do have an expectation that a new car will act as such - and my car is not acting as if it were new. You want to flame me for that, go right ahead. I can take it. But I won't ever try to justify or rationalize these issues to make myself feel better about buying a car that has caused me more trouble in 5 months of ownership than any I have ever owned before.
__________________
  #34  
Old 08-08-2013, 01:40 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2012 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 100
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 633
ms.annthrope is on a distinguished road
Re: 9500 Mile update

Just a simple fact that you ought to get what you paid for. I am sure you monthly car payment check is good and do not bounce---so you have every expectation that your car will work and not bounce either. Nothing unreasonable about that. Hope it works out in the end for you.
__________________
  #35  
Old 08-08-2013, 01:47 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 192
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 676
RFF111 is on a distinguished road
Re: 9500 Mile update

Now THAT just about sums it up......
__________________
  #36  
Old 08-08-2013, 03:30 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,170
Thanks: 1
Thanked 21 Times in 21 Posts
Rep Power: 3033
jp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 9500 Mile update

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFF111 View Post
I never said I was important. I just happen to have a high-stress/high-profile job that requires the majority of my attention during the week (and on weekends at times). I am not wealthy, I am not privileged, I do not feel entitled. However, I do have an expectation that a new car will act as such - and my car is not acting as if it were new. You want to flame me for that, go right ahead. I can take it. But I won't ever try to justify or rationalize these issues to make myself feel better about buying a car that has caused me more trouble in 5 months of ownership than any I have ever owned before.
I agree that you should get what your paying for and your dealer should be doing everything possible to get it corrected. Its like I said most the problems on here seem to be poor dealer service. There are some things that will just be fixed with a software flash. I can also say that not everyone is having problems. There is no reason you should need multiple visits to a dealer for the same problem unless your dealer sucks.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
9500 Mile update 2014GC Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 5 08-07-2013 03:05 PM
Radar Detector Power Cord for 9500 ix RHFD122 Grand Cherokee - WK 2 05-02-2011 05:23 PM
8,000 Mile update Navy1 Members Rides-Showoff 17 01-17-2011 09:51 PM
2000 Mile Update dowdy85 Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 7 11-29-2010 08:21 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community