Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 -

Join Jeep Garage Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #97  
Old 08-10-2013, 01:12 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 198
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 793
RFF111 is on a distinguished road
Re: 9500 Mile update

Quote:
Originally Posted by weck View Post
It's actually a movie reference.

Nope, not buddies.

Do want to point out... There is a difference between "hey, I got a problem, anyone have any advice, this really sucks" and "all jeeps are crap, American manufacturing sucks, I'm personally too important to be bothered with being inconvenienced by anything, anyone who buys a jeep is an idiot".

Approach number one will elicit a decidedly different response... YMMV.

Hey WECK, who on this thread said they were "too important to be bothered"????????????????? Seriously, perhaps you and I need to meet up somewhere and discuss. Are you on the East Coast????? This is freakin ridiculous.
__________________

__________________
  #98  
Old 08-10-2013, 01:36 PM
Willx's Avatar
Moderator - MOTS jr.


My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,884
Thanks: 529
Thanked 859 Times in 469 Posts
Rep Power: 1927097
Willx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
I think the conversation has gone a little beyond spirited here folks. Weck, I am presuming you were exaggerating and not targeting any one person.... RFF111, I think that is a little much. I would ask that you maybe both consider lightly rewording your comments. I think the discussion is good and I am not here to say Jeep is perfect either.

But I do not like the direction the conversation is taking guys!
__________________

__________________
  #99  
Old 08-10-2013, 01:41 PM
Scottina06's Avatar
JeepGarage Founder
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Berea, Kentucky
Posts: 49,421
Thanks: 877
Thanked 1,055 Times in 729 Posts
Rep Power: 7718346
Scottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 9500 Mile update

everyone chill
__________________
SCOTT
The HARDER you work...the LUCKIER you are!
2014 REDLINE red Jeep SRT "BLOODIED\BlackOps CFR Edition" 1 of 1
2013 JKU Wrangler 10A-stormtrooper'ed, JW Speaker and more!
Previous JEEP rides-
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-deep cherry
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo-inferno red



Twitter-The_Jeep_Guy
Instagram-thejeep_guy

  #100  
Old 08-10-2013, 01:42 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 198
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 793
RFF111 is on a distinguished road
Re: 9500 Mile update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willx View Post
I think the conversation has gone a little beyond spirited here folks. Weck, I am presuming you were exaggerating and not targeting any one person.... RFF111, I think that is a little much. I would ask that you maybe both consider lightly rewording your comments. I think the discussion is good and I am not here to say Jeep is perfect either.

But I do not like the direction the conversation is taking guys!
I just don't understand what I did to deserve personal insults being tossed my way. My conduct was merely a reaction to a couple of posters on this thread personally targeting me. Geez.
__________________
  #101  
Old 08-10-2013, 01:45 PM
Willx's Avatar
Moderator - MOTS jr.


My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,884
Thanks: 529
Thanked 859 Times in 469 Posts
Rep Power: 1927097
Willx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFF111 View Post

I just don't understand what I did to deserve personal insults being tossed my way. My conduct was merely a reaction to a couple of posters on this thread personally targeting me. Geez.
Not saying it is all you, you just raised it past the red line my friend, I am not surprised you got Scott's attention. As I said to you in my PM I think Weck maybe took it a little far too but he was not outwardly using language that will get him Banned.

Just a little much that is all.

Edit: please edit your post, or likely Scott will delete it. It is not where the conversation needs to be..... agree?
__________________
  #102  
Old 08-10-2013, 02:22 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 32
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 519
dtrvm is on a distinguished road
Re: 9500 Mile update

When you can not argue the facts attack your opponent. This technique has been used for thousands of years.

The discussion has taken a turn for the worse.

But several high rep posters have been taking the attack the poster tactic here as they can not argue that deficient vehicles were shipped to customers and some dealers have been abysmal.

If the common acceptance of high rep posters attacking people with problems was not occurring the turn for the worse never would have started.
__________________
  #103  
Old 08-10-2013, 02:29 PM
Willx's Avatar
Moderator - MOTS jr.


My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,884
Thanks: 529
Thanked 859 Times in 469 Posts
Rep Power: 1927097
Willx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrvm View Post
When you can not argue the facts attack your opponent. This technique has been used for thousands of years.

The discussion has taken a turn for the worse.

But several high rep posters have been taking the attack the poster tactic here as they can not argue that deficient vehicles were shipped to customers and some dealers have been abysmal.

If the common acceptance of high rep posters attacking people with problems was not occurring the turn for the worse never would have started.
I hope you are not suggesting I am on the attack to anyone here. I got my rep (reputation) for helping people with problems and asking anything in return.

I agree the conversation got out of control but there are always two sides to that, at any point either party(s) can take a step back and remember this is a discussion. As I have clearly stated, I am fine with lively conversation and I have no reason to intervene except when the language becomes inappropriate.

I don't make em, or repair them.... all I can do is try to help where I can that is all.
__________________
  #104  
Old 08-10-2013, 02:33 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 198
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 793
RFF111 is on a distinguished road
Re: 9500 Mile update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willx View Post
I hope you are not suggesting I am on the attack to anyone here. I got my rep (reputation) for helping people with problems and asking anything in return.

I agree the conversation got out of control but there are always two sides to that, at any point either party(s) can take a step back and remember this is a discussion. As I have clearly stated, I am fine with lively conversation and I have no reason to intervene except when the language becomes inappropriate.

I don't make em, or repair them.... all I can do is try to help where I can that is all.
Will, he is not referring to you. He was on the thread when the high-rep posters were attacking me personally and he was coming to my defense.
__________________
  #105  
Old 08-10-2013, 02:42 PM
Willx's Avatar
Moderator - MOTS jr.


My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,884
Thanks: 529
Thanked 859 Times in 469 Posts
Rep Power: 1927097
Willx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFF111 View Post

Will, he is not referring to you. He was on the thread when the high-rep posters were attacking me personally and he was coming to my defense.
I am glad you said that.... because I did believe this before I posted, however reading word for word exactly what was posted one could believe I was being complained about here as well.

Case and point folks, can we not take these words all so literally, I may turn into a complete dick for a few hours this afternoon for no reason and I hope tomorrow everyone can forgive me too.

(None of the above statement is aimed at anyone... if I was in a boardroom I would ask everyone to shake hands)

I would like to get back to trying to help people.

__________________
  #106  
Old 08-10-2013, 02:51 PM
Scottina06's Avatar
JeepGarage Founder
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Berea, Kentucky
Posts: 49,421
Thanks: 877
Thanked 1,055 Times in 729 Posts
Rep Power: 7718346
Scottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 9500 Mile update

ugh....I guess im gonna have to read this entire thread
__________________
SCOTT
The HARDER you work...the LUCKIER you are!
2014 REDLINE red Jeep SRT "BLOODIED\BlackOps CFR Edition" 1 of 1
2013 JKU Wrangler 10A-stormtrooper'ed, JW Speaker and more!
Previous JEEP rides-
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-deep cherry
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo-inferno red



Twitter-The_Jeep_Guy
Instagram-thejeep_guy

  #107  
Old 08-10-2013, 03:07 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 32
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 519
dtrvm is on a distinguished road
Re: 9500 Mile update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willx View Post
I hope you are not suggesting I am on the attack to anyone here. I got my rep (reputation) for helping people with problems and asking anything in return.

I agree the conversation got out of control but there are always two sides to that, at any point either party(s) can take a step back and remember this is a discussion. As I have clearly stated, I am fine with lively conversation and I have no reason to intervene except when the language becomes inappropriate.

I don't make em, or repair them.... all I can do is try to help where I can that is all.
Will,

I have never seen you attack anyone. We have disagreed and may continue to disagree, but I have always respected your comments.

I did not want to start naming names so I just referenced high rep posters as I thought the high rep attackers are obvious to a reader. Besides I understand this type of tactic and I do not keep track of their names as they do not interest me.

Read the thread and the common attacks are obvious here and other threads.

The previous comment is correct that I thought others could use some support or defense from these common attacks.

Will I keep track of you and like your comments both when I agree with you and disagree with you.
__________________
  #108  
Old 08-10-2013, 03:13 PM
Willx's Avatar
Moderator - MOTS jr.


My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,884
Thanks: 529
Thanked 859 Times in 469 Posts
Rep Power: 1927097
Willx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrvm View Post

Will,

I have never seen you attack anyone. We have disagreed and may continue to disagree, but I have always respected your comments.

I did not want to start naming names so I just referenced high rep posters as I thought the high rep attackers are obvious to a reader. Besides I understand this type of tactic and I do not keep track of their names as they do not interest me.

Read the thread and the common attacks are obvious here and other threads.

The previous comment is correct that I thought others could use some support or defense from these common attacks.

Will I keep track of you and like your comments both when I agree with you and disagree with you.
Thank you I appreciate that.

Don't always believed just because I'm arguing with you on the forums that I might not believe you're correct as well. I will sometimes play devils advocate simply to get people to consider all of the points of view.

Scott is going to look it over I'm sure if there's problems that he will deal with it but I am kind of hoping that everybody can just take a step back and agreed to disagree on some things.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
9500 Mile update 2014GC Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 5 08-07-2013 03:05 PM
Radar Detector Power Cord for 9500 ix RHFD122 Grand Cherokee - WK 2 05-02-2011 05:23 PM
8,000 Mile update Navy1 Members Rides-Showoff 17 01-17-2011 09:51 PM
2000 Mile Update dowdy85 Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 7 11-29-2010 08:21 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by Chrysler Group LLC.