Adding forward Parksense on Overland? - Page 2 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 -

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #13  
Old 09-02-2014, 04:17 PM
Jim_in_PA's Avatar
Super Moderator

My Jeep: 2012 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SE PA (central Bucks County)
Posts: 4,462
Thanks: 807
Thanked 622 Times in 498 Posts
Rep Power: 96267
Jim_in_PA has a reputation beyond reputeJim_in_PA has a reputation beyond reputeJim_in_PA has a reputation beyond reputeJim_in_PA has a reputation beyond reputeJim_in_PA has a reputation beyond reputeJim_in_PA has a reputation beyond reputeJim_in_PA has a reputation beyond reputeJim_in_PA has a reputation beyond reputeJim_in_PA has a reputation beyond reputeJim_in_PA has a reputation beyond reputeJim_in_PA has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Adding forward Parksense on Overland?

I just looked on the Jeep site, ssgunner, and the front parksense is not listed as available on the Overland. Only on the Summit.

__________________
2012 GC Overland Summit - Winter Chill with New Saddle interior. 5.7L HEMI V8 - Pirelli Scorpion Verde Plus "shoes" - LED fogs and DRLs



Day-job...Telecom Technical Sales
Avocations...Woodworking, Equestrian, Food, Photography
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #14  
Old 09-02-2014, 11:42 PM
ssgunner's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: So Cal
Posts: 957
Thanks: 19
Thanked 55 Times in 51 Posts
Rep Power: 1989
ssgunner has a reputation beyond reputessgunner has a reputation beyond reputessgunner has a reputation beyond reputessgunner has a reputation beyond reputessgunner has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Adding forward Parksense on Overland?

You know you are right.
__________________
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4x2 5.7 HEMI MAX Steel>Build Date:Oct/13-Mods: Billet CC Blue, Searching for best exhaust option...
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-03-2014, 02:45 AM
New Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Park City, UT
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Keith Lilley is on a distinguished road
Re: Adding forward Parksense on Overland?

Front Park Sense!!! continued.

We may never know??!!
It appears that at this time we are all guessing and no one at JG appears to be aware of a fix!
I called one dealer and they said no "Kit" was available from Jeep!

It does leave me to wonder?!
As it is 12:37AM I can't verify some of this.
1. Does the front bumper have the necessary holes for the sensors?
2. If so, is there a connection to the wiring harness as in the "old days"?
3. At this point ladies and gentlemen I suspect that only someone with the engineering and computer software knowledge and a wiring diagram for the Summit and Overland could provide us the "Correct" answer!!!!

For those of you that aren't concerned about this all I can say is once you have driven a vehicle with these suckers (Parking Sensors) attached to the front and rear it is truly a blessing and you will find it difficult to live without them on your vehicle!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-03-2014, 08:47 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 162
Thanks: 3
Thanked 25 Times in 20 Posts
Rep Power: 1192
Hemispin is on a distinguished road
Re: Adding forward Parksense on Overland?

I find the Jeep one of the easiest vehicles to park. It's not that big, it's easy to see out of, and the steering is great. I certainly don't need ~$1000 or more worth of unnecessary do-dads just to PARK. If you're having trouble parking, I would suggest some practice...it's FREE!!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-03-2014, 01:53 PM
MAXGroup's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 1991 5.2L SJ
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 432
Thanks: 61
Thanked 43 Times in 34 Posts
Rep Power: 2256
MAXGroup has a reputation beyond reputeMAXGroup has a reputation beyond reputeMAXGroup has a reputation beyond reputeMAXGroup has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Adding forward Parksense on Overland?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemispin View Post
I find the Jeep one of the easiest vehicles to park. It's not that big, it's easy to see out of, and the steering is great. I certainly don't need ~$1000 or more worth of unnecessary do-dads just to PARK. If you're having trouble parking, I would suggest some practice...it's FREE!!
Well my friend I parked semi trailers without any aids whatsoever doesn't mean I want to do it again......

To stay true to your attitude you must remove rear sensors and camera and side mirrors as surely you can park without them :-)

And on second thought send them to me
__________________
2015 Overland Hemi - being Dechromed and winched up
2014 Durango R/T
2010 Maserati Gran Turismo - sometimes I need to go faster

Everyday I hope to learn something new and exciting
Most days I'm disappointed ......
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-03-2014, 03:05 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 162
Thanks: 3
Thanked 25 Times in 20 Posts
Rep Power: 1192
Hemispin is on a distinguished road
Re: Adding forward Parksense on Overland?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXGroup View Post
Well my friend I parked semi trailers without any aids whatsoever doesn't mean I want to do it again......

To stay true to your attitude you must remove rear sensors and camera and side mirrors as surely you can park without them :-)

And on second thought send them to me
Let me remind you the topic is FORWARD Parksense. Your argument is invalid.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-03-2014, 11:44 PM
f1anatic's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,725
Thanks: 77
Thanked 208 Times in 150 Posts
Rep Power: 160017
f1anatic has a reputation beyond reputef1anatic has a reputation beyond reputef1anatic has a reputation beyond reputef1anatic has a reputation beyond reputef1anatic has a reputation beyond reputef1anatic has a reputation beyond reputef1anatic has a reputation beyond reputef1anatic has a reputation beyond reputef1anatic has a reputation beyond reputef1anatic has a reputation beyond reputef1anatic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Adding forward Parksense on Overland?

I think you'd be better off with a FRONT CAMERA than Front Park Sense.

I looked into adding it to my car and pricing it out and looking at all the labor cots associated with it made the argument for a front camera much more convincing. There are at least 2 ways to get a front camera and at least one dedicated thread on how to do it (mine). Besides, the camera gives you the picture, doesn't just bip. Think about it - would you rather have the rear camera and see what's behind or would you rather hear a sound alert and not really know where your bumper really is in relationship to the obstacle ?

And really, you should have done your research. If it were such a deal breaker, maybe the Range Rover Autobiography edition should have been your option.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-04-2014, 10:46 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Hamilton, NJ
Posts: 41
Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 1129
nrb1225 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Adding forward Parksense on Overland?

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1anatic View Post
I think you'd be better off with a FRONT CAMERA than Front Park Sense.

I looked into adding it to my car and pricing it out and looking at all the labor cots associated with it made the argument for a front camera much more convincing. There are at least 2 ways to get a front camera and at least one dedicated thread on how to do it (mine). Besides, the camera gives you the picture, doesn't just bip. Think about it - would you rather have the rear camera and see what's behind or would you rather hear a sound alert and not really know where your bumper really is in relationship to the obstacle ?

And really, you should have done your research. If it were such a deal breaker, maybe the Range Rover Autobiography edition should have been your option.
Agreed, I'd prefer to have a front camera over front park sense. I find the rear camera WAY more useful than the rear park sense on my Overland. For me, the front camera is not a deal breaker since I don't find Jeep difficult to park front first but it definitely would be nice to have.

A friend of mine has a loaded 2014 Nissan Rogue that has this awesome "all around" camera feature with a front camera for parking and it shows an "aerial" view of the vehicle while in reverse in addition to the regular rear camera. They paid over $10k less for the Rogue and this came standard on the model they bought.

That being said, my Jeep has A LOT of stuff that the Rogue does not. I'll stop comparing apples to oranges and say that I love my Jeep even though it doesn't have a front camera!
__________________
Nick
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4 V6
Granite Crystal Metallic/Morocco Black
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-30-2015, 12:08 AM
rldc2000's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: DFW
Posts: 76
Thanks: 120
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 543
rldc2000 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Thumbs up Re: Adding forward Parksense on Overland?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrb1225 View Post
Agreed, I'd prefer to have a front camera over front park sense. I find the rear camera WAY more useful than the rear park sense on my Overland. For me, the front camera is not a deal breaker since I don't find Jeep difficult to park front first but it definitely would be nice to have.

A friend of mine has a loaded 2014 Nissan Rogue that has this awesome "all around" camera feature with a front camera for parking and it shows an "aerial" view of the vehicle while in reverse in addition to the regular rear camera. They paid over $10k less for the Rogue and this came standard on the model they bought.

That being said, my Jeep has A LOT of stuff that the Rogue does not. I'll stop comparing apples to oranges and say that I love my Jeep even though it doesn't have a front camera!
first - i sell parts for those POS range rovers, this comparison to me is truly apples to oranges, I will own a jeep long before someone could or would give me a RR.

Second - my dealer is working on getting front park sense sensors set up on my overland

Third - all you have to do is look a little and you can find a bumper cover with holes for sensors.

fourth - I have been told the ACC camera is tempermental at best.

I will post as I get more info on the install
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-30-2015, 04:59 PM
leonbmx's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 72
Thanks: 28
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Rep Power: 988
leonbmx is on a distinguished road
Re: Adding forward Parksense on Overland?

Interesting, does the bumper cover come pre painted?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-06-2015, 12:10 PM
rldc2000's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: DFW
Posts: 76
Thanks: 120
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 543
rldc2000 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Red face Re: Adding forward Parksense on Overland?

not the covers I have found, still waiting on my dealer/sales/parts guys to get me all the info and cost. the usual, they got my money/sold me a car now its not a rush to do this addition. the sales and parts guy assure me it is possible and the fleet guy will turn on the necessary software so it works correctly. impatiently waiting....
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-25-2015, 04:49 PM
Shikataganai's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 92
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 1045
Shikataganai is on a distinguished road
Re: Adding forward Parksense on Overland?

You may order the european parts. Over her evry Overland comes with fPs.
You may pay twice the american price
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shikataganai For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 Overland "Parksense" and trailers Bborzell Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 42 01-08-2014 01:25 PM
Front/Rear Parksense? plynn7 Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 8 10-09-2013 07:51 AM
ParkSense issues torifile Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 2 05-23-2013 10:22 PM
Installing parksense do it myself or dealer? gc4x4 Tech Tips/DIY/How To 6 12-14-2012 12:01 PM
Custom Parkview / ParkSense? soontobesrt Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications 5 07-17-2010 01:39 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.