Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 -

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #37  
Old 04-18-2014, 10:53 PM
Dan JGC's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,139
Thanks: 7
Thanked 82 Times in 68 Posts
Rep Power: 4601
Dan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anyone regret getting a Summit

I was just going through the brochure and it stated that the brown interior has brown stained wood trim and the black interior has black stained wood interior (really a brown wood with a black stain). I know there had been some discussion that they had both had the same wood trim, but they don't. It is hard to tell but when I was looking I did a side by side comparison and thought the brown stain wood would look odd with the black interior but when I looked at the black interior it looked sorta black and looked very nice. I thought maybe my eyes were fooling me that with the brown interior the wood trim looked more brown and with the black interior it looked more black --- I had been told they were the same wood trim. A head scratcher. Well, sure enough, they are two different wood stains which explains it!

Also, Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2 - 2014 Grand Cherokee pricing and options had it WRONG!

"Summit interiors (Natura-Plus Leather seats)

BLACK (with Summit Brown open-pore wood trim) (Standard)
BROWN (with Summit Brown open-pore wood trim) (Standard)"

It is Summit BLACK open-pore wood trim with the BLACK interior.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Summit Trim.jpg (188.8 KB, 29 views)
__________________

__________________
||||||| 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 4x4 V8 in Bright White Clear Coat exterior with Grand Canyon Jeep Brown interior. |||||||
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-18-2014, 10:58 PM
jgc4ever's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2012 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,246
Thanks: 1
Thanked 83 Times in 74 Posts
Rep Power: 1160409
jgc4ever has a reputation beyond reputejgc4ever has a reputation beyond reputejgc4ever has a reputation beyond reputejgc4ever has a reputation beyond reputejgc4ever has a reputation beyond reputejgc4ever has a reputation beyond reputejgc4ever has a reputation beyond reputejgc4ever has a reputation beyond reputejgc4ever has a reputation beyond reputejgc4ever has a reputation beyond reputejgc4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Anyone regret getting a Summit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan JGC View Post
I was just going through the brochure and it stated that the brown interior has brown stained wood trim and the black interior has black stained wood interior (really a brown wood with a black stain). I know there had been some discussion that they had both had the same wood trim, but they don't. It is hard to tell but when I was looking I did a side by side comparison and thought the brown stain wood would look odd with the black interior but when I looked at the black interior it looked sorta black and looked very nice. I thought maybe my eyes were fooling me that with the brown interior the wood trim looked more brown and with the black interior it looked more black --- I had been told they were the same wood trim. A head scratcher. Well, sure enough, they are two different wood stains which explains it!

Also, Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2 - 2014 Grand Cherokee pricing and options had it WRONG!

"Summit interiors (Natura-Plus Leather seats)

BLACK (with Summit Brown open-pore wood trim) (Standard)
BROWN (with Summit Brown open-pore wood trim) (Standard)"

It is Summit BLACK open-pore wood trim with the BLACK interior.
Dan, Do you think the gloss black wood trim the 2011 Overland Summit had or the black open-pore wood trim the 2014 Summit (black interior) has looks better? (if you picture both with a black interior leather)
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-18-2014, 11:17 PM
Dan JGC's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,139
Thanks: 7
Thanked 82 Times in 68 Posts
Rep Power: 4601
Dan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anyone regret getting a Summit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgc4ever View Post
Dan, Do you think the gloss black wood trim the 2011 Overland Summit had or the black open-pore wood trim the 2014 Summit (black interior) has looks better? (if you picture both with a black interior leather)
Hmmmmmm...... the 2014 Summit wood definitely has a warmer more luxurious feel and tone to it no question about it (the steering wheel is gloss of course).

I really did like the 2011 Black Olive Ash Burl with, if I recall correctly, had a hint of silver powder in it to highlight the burl of the wood. It looked best in really bright sunlight as you could then see the detail. In normal or dim light, the Summit wood really didn't look that much different than the Laredo fake plastic "wood". 2014 open pore wood is distinctive and everyone that gets in goes to touch it.

In the end, they are two different animals. The 2014 aims for an earthy high-end luxury feel while the 2011 with the saddle and black wood was distinctive styling. I like them both but no question the Grand Canyon Jeep Brown interior is a step up from the 2011 New Saddle.

The 2014 Summit black interior is also great but was just too much black for me with all the other stuff in there being black. Whereas the brown is more unique and goes nice with the copper accents and all the other black stuff (controls, vents and tons of other things black). Love the brown interior (much more than I thought I would). I am 1000% happy with my choice.

I guess to answer your question, the open pore wood looks better than the gloss.

Hope that helps!
__________________
||||||| 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 4x4 V8 in Bright White Clear Coat exterior with Grand Canyon Jeep Brown interior. |||||||
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-19-2014, 12:42 AM
GCOverland's Avatar
Jeep Addict
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 1,188
Thanks: 19
Thanked 26 Times in 24 Posts
Rep Power: 2917
GCOverland has a reputation beyond reputeGCOverland has a reputation beyond reputeGCOverland has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anyone regret getting a Summit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan JGC View Post
The 2014 Summit black interior is also great but was just too much black for me with all the other stuff in there being black. Whereas the brown is more unique and goes nice with the copper accents and all the other black stuff (controls, vents and tons of other things black). Love the brown interior (much more than I thought I would). I am 1000% happy with my choice.
I looked at some recent pictures of Summit interiors and it seems that there are copper accents on the black leather interior. I might be mistaken but wasn't that silver in the past when you went with the black? Copper/black looked a bit strange on the pictures but maybe I'm wrong and the black leather on the Summits still comes with silver accents...

Copper looks great with the dark brown leather - I'm just not sure if it looks as good on black leather.
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GCOverland For This Useful Post:
  #41  
Old 04-19-2014, 12:57 AM
Dan JGC's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,139
Thanks: 7
Thanked 82 Times in 68 Posts
Rep Power: 4601
Dan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anyone regret getting a Summit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCOverland View Post
I looked at some recent pictures of Summit interiors and it seems that there are copper accents on the black leather interior. I might be mistaken but wasn't that silver in the past when you went with the black? Copper/black looked a bit strange on the pictures but maybe I'm wrong and the black leather on the Summits still comes with silver accents...

Copper looks great with the dark brown leather - I'm just not sure if it looks as good on black leather.
I think there was some discussion on this...that at one time silver came with the black, then someone said you can still get the silver with the black but I dunno. The "copper" is subtle and ties into the the copper stitching, doesn't look strange.
__________________
||||||| 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 4x4 V8 in Bright White Clear Coat exterior with Grand Canyon Jeep Brown interior. |||||||
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 04-19-2014, 01:22 AM
GCOverland's Avatar
Jeep Addict
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 1,188
Thanks: 19
Thanked 26 Times in 24 Posts
Rep Power: 2917
GCOverland has a reputation beyond reputeGCOverland has a reputation beyond reputeGCOverland has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anyone regret getting a Summit

I think I found the "switch".

Silver:



Copper:



The stitching - at least on the steering-wheel, doesn't seem to be copper, either:



IMO, the copper trim on the black interior is just one color too much while the silver matched the "cool" color-theme of the black leather.

On the brown leather, however, the copper trim is a perfect match.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 04-19-2014, 08:49 AM
AquaForester's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 612
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 1969
AquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anyone regret getting a Summit

I have the chrome with my black 2014 Limited and really like it. More subtle to me than the silver I had on my 2011 black laredo. Definitely a personal thing.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 04-19-2014, 03:28 PM
Jim_in_PA's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2012 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SE PA (central Bucks County)
Posts: 1,971
Thanks: 294
Thanked 91 Times in 74 Posts
Rep Power: 5033
Jim_in_PA has a reputation beyond reputeJim_in_PA has a reputation beyond reputeJim_in_PA has a reputation beyond reputeJim_in_PA has a reputation beyond reputeJim_in_PA has a reputation beyond reputeJim_in_PA has a reputation beyond reputeJim_in_PA has a reputation beyond reputeJim_in_PA has a reputation beyond reputeJim_in_PA has a reputation beyond reputeJim_in_PA has a reputation beyond reputeJim_in_PA has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Anyone regret getting a Summit

The copper trim with the Summit brown interior is an exclusive color. It's different than the "bronze-ish" trim that's in my MY12 and in most of the other current interiors.
__________________
2012 Grand Cherokee Overland Summit - Winter Chill with New Saddle interior. 5.7L HEMI V8 - Nitto NT421Q "shoes"



Day-job...Telecom Technical Sales
Avocations...Woodworking, Equestrian, Food
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 12-12-2014, 03:20 PM
FHLH's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: HouTX
Posts: 167
Thanks: 61
Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Rep Power: 1169
FHLH has a reputation beyond reputeFHLH has a reputation beyond reputeFHLH has a reputation beyond reputeFHLH has a reputation beyond reputeFHLH has a reputation beyond reputeFHLH has a reputation beyond reputeFHLH has a reputation beyond reputeFHLH has a reputation beyond reputeFHLH has a reputation beyond reputeFHLH has a reputation beyond reputeFHLH has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Anyone regret getting a Summit

I love my Summit, the Brown interior and the HK stereo (though I wish I had more control of the eq and sub-woofer output) are well worth it. That said, I will figure out how to install the overland bumpers and the rock rails on my Summit some day!
__________________
'00 Ram 2500 QCLB Cummins 6spd 4x4
'11 GLK350
'14 Grand Cherokee Summit EcoDiesel 4x4
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 12-12-2014, 03:29 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Strongbadia
Posts: 206
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Rep Power: 612
Hayseed_wk2 has a reputation beyond reputeHayseed_wk2 has a reputation beyond reputeHayseed_wk2 has a reputation beyond reputeHayseed_wk2 has a reputation beyond reputeHayseed_wk2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anyone regret getting a Summit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHLH View Post
I love my Summit, the Brown interior and the HK stereo (though I wish I had more control of the eq and sub-woofer output) are well worth it. That said, I will figure out how to install the overland bumpers and the rock rails on my Summit some day!
Yes, if I could fit the lower front bumper and sides of the overland - I would be perfectly happy.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 12-12-2014, 03:29 PM
5.7 My Hemi's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2006 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: St. George Utah and Chicago
Posts: 310
Thanks: 102
Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Rep Power: 764
5.7 My Hemi is on a distinguished road
Garage
Re: Anyone regret getting a Summit

To This Day Still No Regrets!
__________________
Desert Hills Of St. George, Utah


[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 12-12-2014, 03:37 PM
GCOverland's Avatar
Jeep Addict
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 1,188
Thanks: 19
Thanked 26 Times in 24 Posts
Rep Power: 2917
GCOverland has a reputation beyond reputeGCOverland has a reputation beyond reputeGCOverland has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anyone regret getting a Summit

After my first month of ownership.......I'd do it again!
__________________

__________________
2015 Grand Cherokee Summit 3.6L 4x4, Bright White, Dark Brown interior, Platinum Package, CD-Player.
2013 Lincoln MKZ Preferred 3.7L FWD, Tuxedo Black Metallic, Light Dune interior, Panoramic Roof, Technology Package.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Possible to fit 2014 Summit headlights / LED DRLS into 2012 Overland Summit? rjSummit Interior/Exterior/Visual 3 11-19-2013 10:18 PM
Summit :: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Pateray64 Member Garage Discussions 2 07-11-2013 09:39 PM
SRT Summit. :: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee overland summit five.7 Hemi Member Garage Discussions 0 02-03-2013 08:08 AM
275-55-20, anybody regret it? ocsurf16 Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires 3 05-09-2012 12:54 PM
It's Official, I Regret My Purchase litespeedz Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 94 10-26-2011 03:20 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by Chrysler Group LLC.