I wanted to do some mods so I can carry a bit more camping gear and organize it properly and get to some of the camp sites not visited by normal folks. This is phase 1 of 2 so far planned out. Pictures only include phase 1 phase 2 should be done be the end of the month.
Mods list phase 1
Interior safety cage
tuff stuff roof top awning
quick fist mounts
custom trunk storage box
Mods list phase 2
light bars on front and back
chief products front guard
wheels and tires
Interior cage and box set up
- Build a 33in x 33in x 17in tall box did a divider on the inside and painted it with black truck bed liner (recommend carpet if you have the time and patience might do that later on). Mounted some big hooks on the size and used turnbuckles to secure the box to the trunk floor it seems very sturdy for now but i think i may have to eventually secure the tie down points on the jeep itself better. Then I put a 1/2in pipe around the top so I could use straps to secure things to the box and they do not go through the windows. I used Molle bags to attach to the cage for a first aid kit and some other tools 1 small bag on each side. Sandwiching the cage between the box and pipe system gives it a bit of extra strength.
cage and box system - Album on Imgur
- 1500 lumen work lights i got for free so im not even sure the brand really. I bought some mounts from shield production that attach to the hood bracket and look nice where they are sitting IMO.
hood lights - Album on Imgur
- I got a guy to weld me a 6 foot by 4.5 foot basket and attached it to some mopar 300 pound cross bars (might change crossbars later if i feel like im putting too much weight on it).
roof top awning
- I really like this piece it sets up and can be taken down in less than 5 minutes its 8x6 when it is all pulled out the black and red color scheme matches the jeep its a win win win situation here would buy again for sure. It attaches to any flat metal plate or they provide L brackets you can drill into things.
rooftop awning - Album on Imgur
quick fist mounts
- These are just rubber mounts for flashlights an axe and a shovel. Looking to stop rattling of metal on metal rattling so ill probably get some rubber adhesive strips thats the only thing i can think of.
Wheels and tires
- I ordered some Black Rhino Warlord wheels in matte black and matte machine color scheme. I like the unfinished look at the matter color might get some matte red hemi stickers later. Currently stuck between 3 tires Nitto Ridge Grappler, BF goodrich KO2, and Cooper all terrain STT PRO. Going to put bigges tire possible without cutting the fender up.
- Ordered some cheap red light bars from ebay if i like them and they go out on me ill buy nicer ones but until then im not even sure how much i will use them. I have a 12 inch for the back of the roof rack so i can use it as a reverse light and a 42 for the front that will hopefully stick out from the roof rack if not i may have to do those upper windshield mounts.
- Just got some of those rivet style flares probably will have them plastidipped or powder coated matte black at some point hopefully they will keep some of the rocks/mud off the jeep so i can be lazy and not wash it as much.
Chief Productions front guard
Just wanted to replace that plastic in the front with something a bit more secure. It also looks pretty cool so that is also a plus.
Hope you guys liked my short build page not a whole lot of pictures or install info but its my first build of anything ever really so cut me some slack
. Should be updating with pictures of phase 2 in the next few weeks and maybe even more pictures of the awning once i go through my camping pictures from last trip.