Originally Posted by johngreen1234
I have some questions for the OP about his "ugly" dealership experience:
1. I read the OP's rant, and it appears his only beef against the dealer was that they refused to patch his tire. Do I have this right?
Forgive me, because there is an awful lot of verbiage in that post that has nothing to do with "they refused to patch my tire" and everything to do with "let's gang up and boycott this dealer".
2. Even though the OP was taking his business elsewhere, the dealer still allowed him to mount his spare tire in their parking lot. OR, did the greedy dealer mount the OP's spare FREE OF CHARGE? Just askin!
3. As the OP says, 99% of the time a patched tire will work. But what about the other 1%--doesn't a firey death on the highway count for something?
4. If the OP didn't pay for his own car then it's possible he doesn't have $200 to buy a safe tire, so I'm not going to criticize him for this. I would only point out that of all the mods he may be considering for his new car, safe tires are by far the most important.
I know it's gaulling to replace a new tire, but that's exactly when you SHOULD replace vs repair. You really want to drive 50,000 miles on a tire with a plug in it?
Let me help clear this up for you.
1. That was one of the problems. The main concern I have with that dealership is that they thought I was some kid that did not know anything about cars and they tried to force me to buy a tire from them even though a simple patch would have worked (and it has been working so far). I have had problems with them in the past and they were the closest dealership to me so I went there because I had class that day and i needed my tire fixed.
2. They were not going to do anything. I had to tell them to put the spare on because they did not realize to do that when I told them I am not replacing a tire that is practically brand new.
3. I did not say anything about a patch working 99% of the time. Patches can fail if they are not installed properly, but I did not state that in my rant.
4. If I was a moron, I would have spent $200+ on a new tire. The money was not the issue here. I am not planning on doing any mods on my Jeep because I just use it to get to school and where else I may need to go (and I think it looks way to nice to do anything to it, which is why I choose the WK2). Like I said in my rant, the tire had less then 2,000 miles on it. If the tire was defective, the dealership should have replaced it for FREE because it would have been under warranty.
5. There is no plug in the tire. The place I went to took the plug out and installed a patch on it and so far the tire has been perfectly fine.
As I said in my original post, I do not post things like this and I do not complain about dealerships unless they are so terrible to the point where I would have to go to the owner of the dealership and tell them how shitty (in this case, the service department) they were being. Their attitude was not good at all either, they could have had a nicer attitude.
I cannot recommend their service department to anyone because they were just trying to make a big profit out of me.
I am happy to answer any questions any of you may have about this.