Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 -

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 10-09-2010, 12:50 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Saint Louis
Posts: 32
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1512
darjrog is on a distinguished road
Canceling Jeep Overland?

I ordered my Overland (black on black, V6) on Aug 7. Still sitting at D1 status for the last 3 weeks. Supposed to be shipped on Oct 13 (don't believe it).

With that said... Just found an Overland with the same build 100 miles away that is available. No Dealer trades accepted on the Overland.

Has anyone canceled their Jeep order and brought one from another Jeep Dealer? What are the penaltiesa? I'm using my Jeep Cherokee Sport as my down payment.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-09-2010, 01:34 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 66
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1555
tks2010 is on a distinguished road
Re: Canceling Jeep Overland?

It's a question of whether your deposit is refundable. My $500 deposit is refundable. Look at your original papers. I assume that it is refundable and you could just ask for it back and walk away. They will make you feel bad but don't since they will easily sell your order when it comes in. I would just tell them that you don't want to wait.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-09-2010, 01:47 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Saint Louis
Posts: 32
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1512
darjrog is on a distinguished road
Re: Canceling Jeep Overland?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tks2010 View Post
It's a question of whether your deposit is refundable. My $500 deposit is refundable. Look at your original papers. I assume that it is refundable and you could just ask for it back and walk away. They will make you feel bad but don't since they will easily sell your order when it comes in. I would just tell them that you don't want to wait.
Thanks I will look at my order papers. I am using my old Jeep as a down payment. Not sure if that makes a difference since they have taken the title.

I was looking forward to getting my Overland for my Cabin trip next week in the mountains.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-09-2010, 01:49 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 140
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1708
ostroveni is on a distinguished road
Re: Canceling Jeep Overland?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darjrog View Post
I ordered my Overland (black on black, V6) on Aug 7. Still sitting at D1 status for the last 3 weeks. Supposed to be shipped on Oct 13 (don't believe it).

With that said... Just found an Overland with the same build 100 miles away that is available. No Dealer trades accepted on the Overland.

Has anyone canceled their Jeep order and brought one from another Jeep Dealer? What are the penaltiesa? I'm using my Jeep Cherokee Sport as my down payment.
I was in this situation ... Ordered in July 10th, built on August 28th ... September 20th still not in with no expected delivery date, a dealer nearby got a similar jeep limited/silver/v6/black and got a 3k better price than my original order ... it was a no brainer ... 3k + drive the car home ... What is strange, my jeep was built September 9th long after my order ...

My original dealer found out and called the new dealer and tried to stop the new deal ... apparently there is a regulation that dealer should not steal other dealer customer ... The original dealer called me and threatened that he will sue me ... and all kind of bs

This convinced me that I should not even consider going back ...

Make sure, you have your mind set (made your decision) and be ready to lose your deposit. For me the deposit was ok to lose due to better price ...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-09-2010, 02:21 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Saint Louis
Posts: 32
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1512
darjrog is on a distinguished road
Re: Canceling Jeep Overland?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostroveni View Post
I was in this situation ... Ordered in July 10th, built on August 28th ... September 20th still not in with no expected delivery date, a dealer nearby got a similar jeep limited/silver/v6/black and got a 3k better price than my original order ... it was a no brainer ... 3k + drive the car home ... What is strange, my jeep was built September 9th long after my order ...

My original dealer found out and called the new dealer and tried to stop the new deal ... apparently there is a regulation that dealer should not steal other dealer customer ... The original dealer called me and threatened that he will sue me ... and all kind of bs

This convinced me that I should not even consider going back ...

Make sure, you have your mind set (made your decision) and be ready to lose your deposit. For me the deposit was ok to lose due to better price ...
Thanks for the advice. Price wise it's the same and I will lose my deposit /trade. Looks like I may have to wait on my order to come in.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-09-2010, 02:28 PM
MeanDean's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: WA
Posts: 166
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1677
MeanDean is on a distinguished road
Re: Canceling Jeep Overland?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darjrog View Post
Not sure if that makes a difference since they have taken the title.
THEY WHAT??!!??

Sounds like a pretty shifty tactic to lock you into the deal. I never would have let them have the title until the new car was there and the deal was complete.
__________________
2011 WK2 Overland 4x4 w/ QD II, 5.7 Hemi, 730N, Off-road Adventure II, Blackberry
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-09-2010, 02:35 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 140
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1708
ostroveni is on a distinguished road
Re: Canceling Jeep Overland?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanDean View Post
THEY WHAT??!!??

Sounds like a pretty shifty tactic to lock you into the deal. I never would have let them have the title until the new car was there and the deal was complete.
They took my title too ... so I was driving my car without a title for 2.5 months... this is no issue. The new dealer registered the new car in a couple of days ... This might be just an intimidation tactic.... it might mean they are insecure... Maybe you accepted a bad deal and they eant to make sure they cash their money

PS I changed my post a little. Disclaimer: This is based on my bad experience with this incredibly bad dealer that I had the displeasure to deal with ...

I have remove the sentence: Who does this is not worth talking to... and added the "might" to point that this is only my view
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Saint Louis
Posts: 32
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1512
darjrog is on a distinguished road
Re: Canceling Jeep Overland?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostroveni View Post
They took my title too ... so I was driving my car without a title for 2.5 months... this is no issue. The new dealer registered the new car in a couple of days ... This is just an intimidation tactic.... Who does this is not worth talking to... it means they are insecure... Maybe you accepted a bad deal and they eant to make sure they cash their money
Same deal here. I'm calling the dealership today. Better yet I may do an in person visit.

Thanks!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-09-2010, 03:00 PM
RyeGuy's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 163
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1701
RyeGuy has a spectacular aura about
Re: Canceling Jeep Overland?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darjrog View Post
I ordered my Overland (black on black, V6) on Aug 7. Still sitting at D1 status for the last 3 weeks. Supposed to be shipped on Oct 13 (don't believe it).

With that said... Just found an Overland with the same build 100 miles away that is available. No Dealer trades accepted on the Overland.

Has anyone canceled their Jeep order and brought one from another Jeep Dealer? What are the penaltiesa? I'm using my Jeep Cherokee Sport as my down payment.

Same Boat. I placed my order on 8/29 (still no VIN). Talk about the dealership dropping th ball. I called everywhere in East coast today and found an Overland with almost everything I want. Just no Skid Plates (I'll do that later). Anyway I have to pay $500.00 more but im picking it up in Monday! As far as the original deal I called the dealership they said we totally understand and to come pick up my refund whenever is conveniant for me.

PS Adventure Jeep in OH has an overland in stock Black on Black for 48,500 and they where willing to drive it to me all the way in NYC. I wouldnt have done that if I didnt find one close. Ask for Mike Berg.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-09-2010, 03:27 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: brOOklyn
Posts: 1,244
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 2783
JoeSchmoe007 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeSchmoe007 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Canceling Jeep Overland?

Try working with your first dealer. If you found what you want at another dealer ask you first dealer to get it from another dealer. They can do that - I was told that by my dealer.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-10-2010, 10:04 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 80
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1601
Blackwolf is on a distinguished road
Re: Canceling Jeep Overland?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyeGuy View Post
...in stock Black on Black for 48,500 ...
48500? Holy crap, what all does it have?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-10-2010, 10:14 AM
Scottina06's Avatar
JeepGarage Founder
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Berea, Kentucky
Posts: 49,389
Thanks: 875
Thanked 1,048 Times in 723 Posts
Rep Power: 7718307
Scottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Canceling Jeep Overland?

thats more than msrp! must have some add ons
__________________

__________________
SCOTT
The HARDER you work...the LUCKIER you are!
2014 REDLINE red Jeep SRT "BLOODIED\BlackOps CFR Edition" 1 of 1
2013 JKU Wrangler 10A-stormtrooper'ed, JW Speaker and more!
Previous JEEP rides-
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-deep cherry
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo-inferno red



Twitter-The_Jeep_Guy
Instagram-thejeep_guy

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Robert Palmer Members Rides 43 04-11-2011 12:54 PM
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Burner Export & Diesel Powered Jeep Models 5 10-08-2010 09:17 PM
06 Jeep GC Overland 5.7 hemi MrPostmanSAV Grand Cherokee - WK 4 02-04-2010 02:44 PM
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Puppetmaster_sr Members Rides 10 06-01-2009 09:03 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by Chrysler Group LLC.