Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 -

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 01-09-2011, 09:53 AM
Hollywood's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 673
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 2100
Hollywood has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood has a reputation beyond repute
Chrysler/Jeep Financing?

Curious to know if anyone's financed the bulk of the $45k Summit purchase through Chrysler for the max term (6 yrs. /72 mnths) and what kind of rates I can expect.

Am watching the TV daily looking for a new Jeep add offering 0% financing LOL.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-09-2011, 10:28 AM
Frank TJ's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Just North of Frisco TX
Posts: 188
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1558
Frank TJ is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Curious to know if anyone's financed the bulk of the $45k Summit purchase through Chrysler for the max term (6 yrs. /72 mnths) and what kind of rates I can expect.

Am watching the TV daily looking for a new Jeep add offering 0% financing LOL.
We did ours yesterday. Overland 4x4. Got 3.5% thru Wells Fargo, chrysler's lowest rate is 3.9 for 60 currently.
__________________

__________________
Frank TJ
1998 TJ Wrangler Based Rock Buggy on 40's
Delivered 1/12/11
2011 Overland 4X4 V8 Black/Saddle interior/ACC. 25% front tint, BWoody Intake.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-09-2011, 01:18 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 342
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1760
GlowingGhoul has much to be proud of
Re: Chrysler/Jeep Financing?

Try www.capitaloneauto.com .

They gave me instant approval for a 3.6% "blank check" loan, less than I could get anywhere else at the time. The max they'll finance is $40k, though, so you have to pay the rest in cash.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-09-2011, 01:28 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 20
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1392
rlflesh is on a distinguished road
Re: Chrysler/Jeep Financing?

did you not try the Jeep 1.9 for 60 mos deal?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-09-2011, 01:33 PM
Hollywood's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 673
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 2100
Hollywood has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Chrysler/Jeep Financing?

Huh? Didn't hear about that....tell me more ha ha.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-09-2011, 01:44 PM
JTS97Z28's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2012 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Plainfield, IL
Posts: 1,449
Thanks: 0
Thanked 29 Times in 19 Posts
Rep Power: 25118
JTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to JTS97Z28
Re: Chrysler/Jeep Financing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlowingGhoul View Post
Try www.capitaloneauto.com .

They gave me instant approval for a 3.6% "blank check" loan, less than I could get anywhere else at the time. The max they'll finance is $40k, though, so you have to pay the rest in cash.

Sounds pretty decent. What term do they offer for that 3.6%? 60 or 72 mo or either?

This is a good thread because im sure there are a ton of us on this site myself included who have a new WK2 on order and will have to do the money part of it in not to long.

Thanks,
James
__________________
2012 Overland...sold
2007 Acura TL Type S 6mt
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-09-2011, 01:48 PM
joebinotto's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 365
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1750
joebinotto is on a distinguished road
Re: Chrysler/Jeep Financing?

Jeep is offering the following rates for an Overland:

36 48 60 72 months
1.90 2.90 3.90 5.90 APR[5]
__________________
2011 Rugged Brown Summit 4X4 V6!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-09-2011, 01:53 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2012 6.4L SRT8
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ormond Beach FL
Posts: 1,544
Thanks: 0
Thanked 21 Times in 20 Posts
Rep Power: 2885
mjw930 has a reputation beyond reputemjw930 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Chrysler/Jeep Financing?

Another option is Chase Auto Finance, https://www.chase.com/auto-loan/car-loan.htm . They are completely online and will finance more than $40K.

BTW, I used CapitalOne "blank check" before CapitalOne bought them, it used to be called PeopleFirst. It was a lot better before CapitalOne bought them out.
__________________
2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 Black/Black
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-09-2011, 01:54 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2012 6.4L SRT8
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ormond Beach FL
Posts: 1,544
Thanks: 0
Thanked 21 Times in 20 Posts
Rep Power: 2885
mjw930 has a reputation beyond reputemjw930 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Chrysler/Jeep Financing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlflesh View Post
did you not try the Jeep 1.9 for 60 mos deal?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Huh? Didn't hear about that....tell me more ha ha.
That rate only applies to Laredo's.
__________________
2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 Black/Black
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-09-2011, 01:58 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 342
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1760
GlowingGhoul has much to be proud of
Re: Chrysler/Jeep Financing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjw930 View Post
Another option is Chase Auto Finance, https://www.chase.com/auto-loan/car-loan.htm . They are completely online and will finance more than $40K.

BTW, I used CapitalOne "blank check" before CapitalOne bought them, it used to be called PeopleFirst. It was a lot better before CapitalOne bought them out.
What got worse? I've used them 3 times since 2002 without a hitch.

Fill out the form, they give you the approval amount and rate, click another button to have the check sent.

Bring check to dealer, and you're done.

The only thing that went downhill is that they used to let you use the check at any dealership, and now they have list of approved dealers, but their are tons of dealers ont he list.

The finance manager even held up my deal because he was tearing his hair out trying to match CapOne's rate for me.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-09-2011, 02:51 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2012 6.4L SRT8
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ormond Beach FL
Posts: 1,544
Thanks: 0
Thanked 21 Times in 20 Posts
Rep Power: 2885
mjw930 has a reputation beyond reputemjw930 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Chrysler/Jeep Financing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlowingGhoul View Post
What got worse? I've used them 3 times since 2002 without a hitch.

Fill out the form, they give you the approval amount and rate, click another button to have the check sent.

Bring check to dealer, and you're done.

The only thing that went downhill is that they used to let you use the check at any dealership, and now they have list of approved dealers, but their are tons of dealers ont he list.

The finance manager even held up my deal because he was tearing his hair out trying to match CapOne's rate for me.
For new car sales not much aside from the new limitations and the level of customer service you used to get when it was a smaller operation.

For private sales there's a world of difference. I used PeopleFirst for one in '98 and it was a piece of cake. Tried to use CapOne in '03 and they added so many hoops to jump through that I told them to shove it. They also used to not restrict the age or type of car you can buy, that's all changed.

The founders of PeopleFirst started up a new service once their non-compete ran out called FirstAgain. It was an unsecured loan based solely on your creditworthiness. I used that twice, once for a car and once for a boat and it was great. 24 hrs after approval and acceptance they wired the funds directly into your bank account. The crash of '08 took it's toll and their wholesale money market dried up so they went out of business. It sucks because it was a great service.

I'm not saying CapOne isn't a great service, it is. Just that it was better under it's founders.
__________________
2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 Black/Black
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 342
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1760
GlowingGhoul has much to be proud of
Re: Chrysler/Jeep Financing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 View Post
Sounds pretty decent. What term do they offer for that 3.6%? 60 or 72 mo or either?

This is a good thread because im sure there are a ton of us on this site myself included who have a new WK2 on order and will have to do the money part of it in not to long.

Thanks,
James
72Mos
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2010 Jeep Wrangler four-door Rubicon: The last American Chrysler ducks unlimited Wrangler-JK 12 04-18-2012 12:00 PM
Future Chrysler/Jeep V8s grif82 Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 11 01-05-2011 04:27 PM
Financing rates? Danco Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 52 12-29-2010 10:26 PM
Chrysler 2010-2014-Jeep presentation Scottina06 Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 40 11-07-2009 06:13 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community