Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 -

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 05-10-2011, 09:55 AM
Lingohocken's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2012 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,185
Thanks: 15
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 3345
Lingohocken has a reputation beyond reputeLingohocken has a reputation beyond reputeLingohocken has a reputation beyond reputeLingohocken has a reputation beyond reputeLingohocken has a reputation beyond reputeLingohocken has a reputation beyond reputeLingohocken has a reputation beyond reputeLingohocken has a reputation beyond reputeLingohocken has a reputation beyond reputeLingohocken has a reputation beyond reputeLingohocken has a reputation beyond repute
CU survey: Jeep dealer repairs next to worst

Consumer Reports latest reader survey (June issue) of authorized dealership repairs for 33 makes, from Acura to Volvo, shows Jeep with a score of 75. The only lower rating is 71 for Land Rover. (Dodge and Chrysler, also near the bottom, get 77.)

What is frustrating is that this didn't have to be. In our area, during the bankruptcy reorganization Chrysler closed the best Jeep dealers, usually family-owned, and kept the worst.

The only change to dealerships FIAT is making that I am aware of is to have Chrysler affiliates service all makes of cars -- Ford, Hyundai, whatever. How can they do all this without compromising their dealer service departments' strongest plus, which is being specialized?

BTW, it might be surprising that Lexus was not #1. The ranking starts: Acura, Porsche, Lexus, Buick, Lincoln.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-10-2011, 10:17 AM
05WKinPA's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 126
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 2082
05WKinPA is on a distinguished road
Re: CU survey: Jeep dealer repairs next to worst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lingohocken View Post
Consumer Reports latest reader survey (June issue) of authorized dealership repairs for 33 makes, from Acura to Volvo, shows Jeep with a score of 75. The only lower rating is 71 for Land Rover. (Dodge and Chrysler, also near the bottom, get 77.)

What is frustrating is that this didn't have to be. In our area, during the bankruptcy reorganization Chrysler closed the best Jeep dealers, usually family-owned, and kept the worst.

The only change to dealerships FIAT is making that I am aware of is to have Chrysler affiliates service all makes of cars -- Ford, Hyundai, whatever. How can they do all this without compromising their dealer service departments' strongest plus, which is being specialized?

BTW, it might be surprising that Lexus was not #1. The ranking starts: Acura, Porsche, Lexus, Buick, Lincoln.
I agree with your comment about keeping the worst dealerships and closing the good ones 100%! There is a dealer in my area that verges on criminally bad, yet they made it through the reorganization while so many others closed....so frustrating!
__________________

__________________
2005 3.7 Laredo / RR 2.25" lift / 32" BFG MT's / AEV Pintlers / Bilstein HD front & OME MD rear / Four X Doctor rear diff guard / Thule roof rack / JBA UCA's / 4XGuard Belly Skid
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-10-2011, 11:49 AM
Lingohocken's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2012 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,185
Thanks: 15
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 3345
Lingohocken has a reputation beyond reputeLingohocken has a reputation beyond reputeLingohocken has a reputation beyond reputeLingohocken has a reputation beyond reputeLingohocken has a reputation beyond reputeLingohocken has a reputation beyond reputeLingohocken has a reputation beyond reputeLingohocken has a reputation beyond reputeLingohocken has a reputation beyond reputeLingohocken has a reputation beyond reputeLingohocken has a reputation beyond repute
Re: CU survey: Jeep dealer repairs next to worst

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05WKinPA View Post
I agree with your comment about keeping the worst dealerships and closing the good ones 100%! There is a dealer in my area that verges on criminally bad, yet they made it through the reorganization while so many others closed....so frustrating!
Perhaps this will help Philly area readers, summarized from Consumers Checkbook. I thought Beans would get the worst rating, but there are actually some which are worse (the Cherry Hill Triplex, for starters). Damned if I can figure how anybody can be worse than Beans!

The full comprehensive report for members is at http://www.checkbook.org/interactive...her/return.cfm. This is a capsule summary, but what's important is the percentage, which is users' rating of service quality (higher, of course, is better). The firms are listed in order of distance from our home.


Name
Number of ratings
Percent of customers who rated shop "superior" on our survey for "overall performance"
Price Index
Hourly Labor Rate

1. Bergey Buick GMC
Franconia, PA
** 11 ratings
64% No data*** No data***

2. Bergey's Buick Oldsmobile
Franconia, PA
** 10 ratings
60% No data*** No data***

3. Bergey's Chrysler Jeep Dodge
Franconia, PA
44 ratings
75% $104 $80

4. Brandywine Chrysler Jeep Dodge
Wilmington, DE
** 47 ratings
72% No data $90

5. Cherry Hill Triplex
Cherry Hill, NJ
** 16 ratings
19% No data $97

6. City Auto Park
Burlington, NJ
23 ratings
48% $104 $99

7. Davis Dodge
Glen Mills, PA
** 16 ratings
56% No data*** No data***

8. Frank C Videon Chrysler Dodge
Newtown Square, PA
16 ratings
69% $103 $86

9. Fred Beans Dodge Chrysler Jeep
Doylestown, PA
72 ratings
56% $123 $90

10. Gambacorta Chrysler Jeep
New Castle, DE
21 ratings
52% $95 $85

11. Gary Barbera Chryslerland
Philadelphia, PA
** 10 ratings
60% No data*** No data***

12. Jeff D'Ambrosio Chrysler Jeep Dodge
Downingtown, PA
22 ratings
57% $102 $88

13. Lansdale Chrysler Jeep
Montgomeryville, PA
22 ratings
77% $126 $94

14. Newark Chrysler Jeep Dodge
Newark, DE
26 ratings
54% $109 $85

15. Newark Chrysler Jeep Dodge
Newark, DE
19 ratings
26% $121 $85

16. Sands Chrysler Jeep Dodge
Quakertown, PA
14 ratings
21% $107 $85

17. Weathers Dodge
Lima, PA
33 ratings
82% $115 $88
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-10-2011, 12:37 PM
ilber's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mile above the rest
Posts: 109
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1443
ilber is on a distinguished road
Re: CU survey: Jeep dealer repairs next to worst

I got nothing to add to the rating, other than they closed 2 out of 4 dealers in my area, but i think it depends what kind of service manager they got ( seen a good one goinbg to crap, and a good manager brining rep back up). as far as Fred Beans Chevy is on my speed dial. I am in CO and when i needed flywheel and LS7 clutch local dealers would not talk to me w/o providing them a Z06 Vin ( similar if you are to buy GNX parts). Bean took my order and sold me a 1000 dollar clutch that went on LSx engine...
__________________
'11 Overland-er V8, 4x4, RHR, 18" bought 4/2/11
93 YJ stroker on 35", locked, lifted and geared d44/9" ( ~260k on body)
06 GTO M6
06 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatch
88 Starion ( modded to hell)
08 Viffer ABS
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-10-2011, 02:17 PM
Lingohocken's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2012 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,185
Thanks: 15
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 3345
Lingohocken has a reputation beyond reputeLingohocken has a reputation beyond reputeLingohocken has a reputation beyond reputeLingohocken has a reputation beyond reputeLingohocken has a reputation beyond reputeLingohocken has a reputation beyond reputeLingohocken has a reputation beyond reputeLingohocken has a reputation beyond reputeLingohocken has a reputation beyond reputeLingohocken has a reputation beyond reputeLingohocken has a reputation beyond repute
Re: CU survey: Jeep dealer repairs next to worst

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilber View Post
I got nothing to add to the rating, other than they closed 2 out of 4 dealers in my area, but i think it depends what kind of service manager they got ( seen a good one goinbg to crap, and a good manager brining rep back up). as far as Fred Beans Chevy is on my speed dial. I am in CO and when i needed flywheel and LS7 clutch local dealers would not talk to me w/o providing them a Z06 Vin ( similar if you are to buy GNX parts). Bean took my order and sold me a 1000 dollar clutch that went on LSx engine...
That's Parts. Service is another and unfortunate matter altogether.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-11-2011, 09:41 AM
joebinotto's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 367
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1850
joebinotto is on a distinguished road
Re: CU survey: Jeep dealer repairs next to worst

Can anyone recommend a good Jeep dealership in southern California area for maintenance and repairs? I purchased my Summit in Palm Springs but need a good dealer south of Los Angeles in OC.
__________________

__________________
2011 Rugged Brown Summit 4X4 V6!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Aprox Estimates for Repairs on '97 Grand Cherokee Larado westernguy Grand Cherokee - ZJ 2 03-12-2011 02:43 PM
worst day ever with my jeep.... jdcollins86 Grand Cherokee - WK 3 10-10-2010 01:43 PM
Jeep goes to dealer tomorrow White WK Swagga Grand Cherokee - WK 81 11-18-2009 10:05 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by Chrysler Group LLC.