Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 -

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #109  
Old 02-24-2013, 05:34 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 44
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 632
Ncstreamer is on a distinguished road
I honestly think that if you first need a CRD test drive, you probably should not be part of the group buy. This way we can keep everything clear for the dealers and for everyone that is 100% committed to purchase.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 02-24-2013, 06:17 PM
gwnewman1's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 189
Thanks: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 7160
gwnewman1 has a reputation beyond reputegwnewman1 has a reputation beyond reputegwnewman1 has a reputation beyond reputegwnewman1 has a reputation beyond reputegwnewman1 has a reputation beyond reputegwnewman1 has a reputation beyond reputegwnewman1 has a reputation beyond reputegwnewman1 has a reputation beyond reputegwnewman1 has a reputation beyond reputegwnewman1 has a reputation beyond reputegwnewman1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: DC metro area group buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyguo View Post
Thanks, BigWave. I'm still struggling between Laredo "E" 4x4 with options and Limited 4x4. Hopefully I can give you the details later tonight.
I'm in the same boat now! I went over the invoice pricing yesterday for a Laredo E and a Limited...I'm possibly leaning towards a Limited now. We'll see.

I'm definitely on-board though. Koons is close to work, I might stop over when they get their '14's in stock and take a look at one. As long as I don't get screwed on my trade, I'm good to put down a deposit, but I'm with the others and need something in concrete writing saying we're getting x% off.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 02-24-2013, 06:34 PM
Rjf026's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2010 5.7L WK
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: DC Metro area
Posts: 57
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 640
Rjf026 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Re: DC metro area group buy

A 30-day timeframe is all that is really needed rather than leaving people out of the group and hurting everyone's discount. I really don't think waiting to actually drive a vehicle before making a purchase will throw off this group buy.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 02-24-2013, 06:48 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 44
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 632
Ncstreamer is on a distinguished road
There is no CRD to test drive within 30 days; unless you fly to Europe....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 02-24-2013, 07:15 PM
JC_0105's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 301
Thanks: 108
Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 5710
JC_0105 has a reputation beyond reputeJC_0105 has a reputation beyond reputeJC_0105 has a reputation beyond reputeJC_0105 has a reputation beyond reputeJC_0105 has a reputation beyond reputeJC_0105 has a reputation beyond reputeJC_0105 has a reputation beyond reputeJC_0105 has a reputation beyond reputeJC_0105 has a reputation beyond reputeJC_0105 has a reputation beyond reputeJC_0105 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncstreamer View Post
There is no CRD to test drive within 30 days; unless you fly to Europe....
I went and drove other Diesel SUVs from BMW, Mercedes and VW to get an idea on how it will drive. After that and all of the info on the forums and reviews released today I'm going with the diesel and will just test drive whatever gas Summits the local dealers get.
__________________
Past: '02 Laredo Sport v6 4x2 Graphite Metallic
Past: '05 Limited 5.7L 4x4 Black ~ Billstein Shocks ~ 32% tint
Current: '14 Summit HEMI 4x4 Black & Black
Job: IT Management

Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 02-24-2013, 07:30 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Prince Frederick, MD
Posts: 151
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 729
doofoo is on a distinguished road
Re: DC metro area group buy

Yeah - I think we need to get a full commit list, if you need to drive the diesel before purchasing, I don't think this group buy is something you need to get in on.

Maybe we can do something like below for those of us ready to commit to purchase in the next week or month:

1st Step: (It sounds like this may even get us to the 5+ discount level, because I think there are a few people here who are itching to get the ball rolling now).

1 Week Period:
Everyone who is ready now, sign up with all the details from the dealer (1-4 Discount = X, 5-9 Discount = Y, 10+ Discount = Z on paper).
We will know within that 1 week period what discount we at least guaranteed if we get 6 people we know we get X.

That is just the initial period. Those of us who are happy with that are pretty much done at this point, it's locked in at X at a minimum.

2nd Part: (This is the bonus phase which may put us over the 10+ vehicles)

1 Month Period:
There is a 30 day window for more people to get into the deal and bump the discount to Y or Z. This is also the cancelation period, after the 30 days it's locked at the amount of people we have and the X, Y or Z discount and no refunds.

All of the variables need to be in the documentation from the dealer, but I think with some tweaking this could work. Additional idea's?

Perhaps we can add another field in the spreadsheet, noting when each person is ready to commit. If you can do this, feel free to put mine down as Immediately pending the written agreement from the dealer on terms.

Trying to dictate to the dealer that we can back out at any time is not going to fly, they just aren't going to go for it. They want a guarantee that you will buy, or at least they keep your deposit. I'm fine with that at least from my point of view, as long as the entire process is clear and documented on what we are getting.

Thoughts?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 02-24-2013, 08:04 PM
Rjf026's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2010 5.7L WK
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: DC Metro area
Posts: 57
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 640
Rjf026 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Re: DC metro area group buy

I've driven the VW TDI's so I know how they perform. It's a completely different vehicle though. I'm not sure why you are trying to push people out of this group buy but I honestly don't see a problem in telling the dealer that some people want to at least see the CRDs before doing anything. I'll put in my $500 deposit to show I'm interested but the offer needs to extend until the CRDs are available. This really isn't that unreasonable and it doesn't hurt to ask to do this.

And too follow doofoo's comments, I think that in addition to the discount numbers, the "agreement" should also list what their invoice price is. Otherwise everyone here is just blindly agreeing to a discount and we don't really know the bottom line.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 02-24-2013, 08:15 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Prince Frederick, MD
Posts: 151
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 729
doofoo is on a distinguished road
Re: DC metro area group buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjf026 View Post
I've driven the VW TDI's so I know how they perform. It's a completely different vehicle though. I'm not sure why you are trying to push people out of this group buy but I honestly don't see a problem in telling the dealer that some people want to at least see the CRDs before doing anything. I'll put in my $500 deposit to show I'm interested but the offer needs to extend until the CRDs are available. This really isn't that unreasonable and it doesn't hurt to ask to do this.

And too follow doofoo's comments, I think that in addition to the discount numbers, the "agreement" should also list what their invoice price is. Otherwise everyone here is just blindly agreeing to a discount and we don't really know the bottom line.
I would agree with the invoice numbers, etc all of that being in the agreement terms with the dealer. Also regarding pushing people out of the group buy, I think that that was just regarding people who wanted to drive the CRD's before committing.

I think right now we're just trying to get things locked down for those people who are ready to buy in the very near term. If there are that many people who want the CRD's it should be easy to just do a second group buy, instead of having everyone wait until people can drive the CRD's.

From the dealerships point of view, they are going to want people 100% committed, or at least non-refundable deposits to keep people from backing out if they decide last minute that the car doesn't feel right. I can understand their point of view, as well as the buyers too - But right now I think we have a pretty large amount of people who are ready to commit 100% and get things going on NON-CRD, or they already know they will be happy with the CRD. I'd say split it up if necessary, there will always be people buying Jeeps here, no reason to hold everything up for that.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 02-24-2013, 09:08 PM
torifile's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 633
Thanks: 27
Thanked 14 Times in 10 Posts
Rep Power: 1316953
torifile has a reputation beyond reputetorifile has a reputation beyond reputetorifile has a reputation beyond reputetorifile has a reputation beyond reputetorifile has a reputation beyond reputetorifile has a reputation beyond reputetorifile has a reputation beyond reputetorifile has a reputation beyond reputetorifile has a reputation beyond reputetorifile has a reputation beyond reputetorifile has a reputation beyond repute
Re: DC metro area group buy

doofoo, let the dealers worry about what they need. We need to worry about what we need - and that's a written document from the sales manager with the promised discounts. The more the merrier, I say. Personally, get me 7% off invoice and it's a done deal. That would be amazing.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 02-24-2013, 09:29 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 30
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 712
only1tobin is on a distinguished road
Re: DC metro area group buy

Ok Guys - I just got home, so let me give you the download on my conversation with the dealer (Koons). First of all, I don't know what, if any beef there is between Koons and Farrish but they were extremely flexible in their terms for a group buy to take this business from Farrish. Here are the highlights:

- The sales manager agreed to 7% under invoice + tax, tags, freight, and $499 processing fee for a group of 10 to get the full discount. I confirmed that their invoice pricing is the same as what Milous posted for a base Limited (didn't check any further)

- The other bombshell is that there is NO time limit on purchasing. This one's for all you folks looking for the CRD and late availability packages. He said as long as the 2014 JCG is available to order, he will honor this price for this group. I may also be in this group now, given the impact on price.

- He is asking a $500 deposit before ordering (FYI, I put mine down today.)

- The discount does not apply for the SRT8.

- Here's the kicker: He asked that I not post his letter online (not sure why), but I do have this in writing. I guess he doesn't want this getting too out of hand, which is understandable. At any rate, I had a suggestion that I could supply him with all of the contact info for all interested parties and these people would be the ones privy to the "Group Buy" pricing. I can see how it would be hard trusting me on this one, but PM me and I can give you my name, and Tom Higgins' (Koons Sales Manager) direct contact info so that you can confirm the details, if needed.

I suggest we use BigWave's list to track all those that will be eligible for the group buy. So all who are interested, regardless of timeframe you expect to order, please make sure you're accounted for on this list and I can take it to him. Let me know if you have ANY questions.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 02-24-2013, 10:27 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Prince Frederick, MD
Posts: 151
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 729
doofoo is on a distinguished road
Re: DC metro area group buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by only1tobin View Post
Ok Guys - I just got home, so let me give you the download on my conversation with the dealer (Koons). First of all, I don't know what, if any beef there is between Koons and Farrish but they were extremely flexible in their terms for a group buy to take this business from Farrish. Here are the highlights:

- The sales manager agreed to 7% under invoice + tax, tags, freight, and $499 processing fee for a group of 10 to get the full discount. I confirmed that their invoice pricing is the same as what Milous posted for a base Limited (didn't check any further)

- The other bombshell is that there is NO time limit on purchasing. This one's for all you folks looking for the CRD and late availability packages. He said as long as the 2014 JCG is available to order, he will honor this price for this group. I may also be in this group now, given the impact on price.

- He is asking a $500 deposit before ordering (FYI, I put mine down today.)

- The discount does not apply for the SRT8.

- Here's the kicker: He asked that I not post his letter online (not sure why), but I do have this in writing. I guess he doesn't want this getting too out of hand, which is understandable. At any rate, I had a suggestion that I could supply him with all of the contact info for all interested parties and these people would be the ones privy to the "Group Buy" pricing. I can see how it would be hard trusting me on this one, but PM me and I can give you my name, and Tom Higgins' (Koons Sales Manager) direct contact info so that you can confirm the details, if needed.

I suggest we use BigWave's list to track all those that will be eligible for the group buy. So all who are interested, regardless of timeframe you expect to order, please make sure you're accounted for on this list and I can take it to him. Let me know if you have ANY questions.
A couple of questions I have here.

You say the discount is 7% below invoice + tax, title, freight and 499 processing (bs) fee for a group of 10, and that it's open for the entire model year order time.

What i'm not understanding here is how it will work. The paperwork you signed today when you put your money down. What happens if 10 people don't sign up?

Is he waiting to place your custom order until 10 people are on-board?

Just a lot of questions, I would like to chat with him and get things all written down before I drop my coin but if it all checks out, great. I will put my order in this week.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 02-24-2013, 10:49 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 30
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 712
only1tobin is on a distinguished road
Re: DC metro area group buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by doofoo View Post
A couple of questions I have here.

You say the discount is 7% below invoice + tax, title, freight and 499 processing (bs) fee for a group of 10, and that it's open for the entire model year order time.

What i'm not understanding here is how it will work. The paperwork you signed today when you put your money down. What happens if 10 people don't sign up?

Is he waiting to place your custom order until 10 people are on-board?

Just a lot of questions, I would like to chat with him and get things all written down before I drop my coin but if it all checks out, great. I will put my order in this week.
I could have ordered mine today, it's just that Lux II wasn't available. In fact, for anyone else looking to order, he's willing to place the order ASAP, no need to wait for all 10. To be honest, he hasn't put many strict requirements on how he'd like to order. He just wants to make sure there are 10 serious buyers, which we seem to have. I'll PM you his info and my name for reference and you can contact him directly.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Possible Group Buy Jordan's Jeep The Steel Armadillo 12 09-20-2012 08:56 PM
Possible Group Buy? FlyFlip420 Interior/Exterior/Visual 5 11-23-2011 09:38 PM
First 5 Group Buy! Diboblo LXHarness 27 06-22-2011 04:56 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community