Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 -

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1249  
Old 12-02-2013, 02:51 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
tcraft is on a distinguished road
Re: DC metro area group buy

Really enjoying reading through this thread - the group buy results sound terrific. I'm very interested in a JGC Overland. Just one small problem - I still have 14 installments on a BMW 328i lease. Unless anyone has history getting out of a lease early (other than swapalease.com), I'll be forced to continue to lurk and monitor other folks' successes for a while!
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1250  
Old 12-02-2013, 02:58 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 313
Thanks: 9
Thanked 38 Times in 27 Posts
Rep Power: 639
Gtaz19 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcraft View Post
Really enjoying reading through this thread - the group buy results sound terrific. I'm very interested in a JGC Overland. Just one small problem - I still have 14 installments on a BMW 328i lease. Unless anyone has history getting out of a lease early (other than swapalease.com), I'll be forced to continue to lurk and monitor other folks' successes for a while!
As you mentioned, swaplease.com Or othe online lease sale sites. Offer an incentive like $1000-2000 for someone to take it. It lowers their monthly payment. You can commit insurance fraud by totaling the car, I don't recommend this. Last, you can contact the dealer and see what they have as options for getting out of a lease. You should probably start with the dealer.
__________________

__________________
______________________________
2014 Black R/T - 5.7L HEMI V8 AWD
Technology Group, Trailer Tow Group IV, Premium Nappa Leather Group, Second-Row Fold / Tumble Captain Chairs, Power Sunroof, Uconnect(R) 8.4 AN, 20-Inch X 8-Inch Polished / Painted Wheels
Reply With Quote
  #1251  
Old 12-02-2013, 03:14 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 236
Clockwerk is on a distinguished road
Re: DC metro area group buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvermax04 View Post
There is one $995 freight that is included in the invoice pricing. There is not a second $995 added to the final total. There was an early issue of koons adding that second one on there but they corrected that and it is only the one included in the invoice that will be charged. I did not finance so not sure about financing.

Ok, so just to make sure I'm understanding this correctly - on the pricing sheet, for example, the Limited Line is listed as such:

2. Limited 4X4 - MSRP $38,195 ($36,580) + $995 destination

So are you saying that I'd be paying the $995 in addition to 7% below the invoice, or that that invoice in the () already includes a $995 fee and I would not also pay destination?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1252  
Old 12-02-2013, 04:37 PM
Chivvalry's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Cranberry Twp, PA
Posts: 1,093
Thanks: 180
Thanked 123 Times in 74 Posts
Rep Power: 81023
Chivvalry has a reputation beyond reputeChivvalry has a reputation beyond reputeChivvalry has a reputation beyond reputeChivvalry has a reputation beyond reputeChivvalry has a reputation beyond reputeChivvalry has a reputation beyond reputeChivvalry has a reputation beyond reputeChivvalry has a reputation beyond reputeChivvalry has a reputation beyond reputeChivvalry has a reputation beyond reputeChivvalry has a reputation beyond repute
Re: DC metro area group buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwerk View Post
Ok, so just to make sure I'm understanding this correctly - on the pricing sheet, for example, the Limited Line is listed as such:

2. Limited 4X4 - MSRP $38,195 ($36,580) + $995 destination

So are you saying that I'd be paying the $995 in addition to 7% below the invoice, or that that invoice in the () already includes a $995 fee and I would not also pay destination?
(($invoice+options+$995) * .93) + $499 = Your price.
__________________
2014 GC Limited CRD Max Steel/Black LuxII ORAII RA4

11/13/13 MINE!! ALL MINE!!!



Reply With Quote
  #1253  
Old 12-03-2013, 01:31 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 950
turbotalon77 is on a distinguished road
Re: DC metro area group buy

Just ordered a 14 JGC Overland True Blue / Black 3.0 CRD w/Advanced Tech package through Nader. He was very easy to work with and gave me 7% below invoice (+ 499 fee) without even blinking an eye. I would have to say so far I am very pleased and Nader made the whole process 10x easier then I ever expected.

Just as a comparison two different Dealerships around me (Northeast PA) offered me around 2% below invoice after spending over a week of dealing with them. The salesman was even shocked about being able to get me 2% below invoice and of course stated how they would not be making any money off of me. Needless to say the three hour trip is going to well worth the savings. Now it is time to play the waiting game..... Nader estimated about 6 weeks for the build so hopefully the diesel engine doesnt hold anything up.

Just wanted to post my experience and hopefully it helps others to save a bunch of money if they are on the fence. I will post an update when the vehicle arrives.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1254  
Old 12-03-2013, 02:12 AM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 38
Thanks: 2
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 640
eagle3203 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon77 View Post
Just ordered a 14 JGC Overland True Blue / Black 3.0 CRD w/Advanced Tech package through Nader. He was very easy to work with and gave me 7% below invoice (+ 499 fee) without even blinking an eye. I would have to say so far I am very pleased and Nader made the whole process 10x easier then I ever expected.

Just as a comparison two different Dealerships around me (Northeast PA) offered me around 2% below invoice after spending over a week of dealing with them. The salesman was even shocked about being able to get me 2% below invoice and of course stated how they would not be making any money off of me. Needless to say the three hour trip is going to well worth the savings. Now it is time to play the waiting game..... Nader estimated about 6 weeks for the build so hopefully the diesel engine doesnt hold anything up.

Just wanted to post my experience and hopefully it helps others to save a bunch of money if they are on the fence. I will post an update when the vehicle arrives.
Congrats on the order. I ordered a Summit CRD from Nader back on Oct 21st and it only took about 4 weeks for it to arrive at the dealership. Unfortunately there was a mishap with the order and it was put in the system with the wrong exterior color so they ordered another one for me. This new one is loaded on a truck right now and on its way to the dealer. I'm guessing it will be there tomorrow so I'm pretty excited. I'll be driving down from NYC but it's all worth it for the price and great support from Nader and Tom.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1255  
Old 12-06-2013, 12:19 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 474
Ridley is on a distinguished road
Re: DC metro area group buy

After my wife rented a JGC on a business trip, and compared it to Ford Edge rental we took 500 miles over thanksgiving, the results are in. Now considering buying a Limited, white exterior with beige interior and 8.4AN option. Since there appears to be no Philly group buy with leverage, the DC Group buy sure sounds enticing.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1256  
Old 12-06-2013, 12:22 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 313
Thanks: 9
Thanked 38 Times in 27 Posts
Rep Power: 639
Gtaz19 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
After my wife rented a JGC on a business trip, and compared it to Ford Edge rental we took 500 miles over thanksgiving, the results are in. Now considering buying a Limited, white exterior with beige interior and 8.4AN option. Since there appears to be no Philly group buy with leverage, the DC Group buy sure sounds enticing.
with under a 2 1/2 hour drive from Philly to Koons, it's a no brainer. And if you don't want to bring a car down here, amtrak down, metro to Koons and just drive back up.
__________________
______________________________
2014 Black R/T - 5.7L HEMI V8 AWD
Technology Group, Trailer Tow Group IV, Premium Nappa Leather Group, Second-Row Fold / Tumble Captain Chairs, Power Sunroof, Uconnect(R) 8.4 AN, 20-Inch X 8-Inch Polished / Painted Wheels
Reply With Quote
  #1257  
Old 12-06-2013, 12:35 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 474
Ridley is on a distinguished road
Re: DC metro area group buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtaz19 View Post
with under a 2 1/2 hour drive from Philly to Koons, it's a no brainer. And if you don't want to bring a car down here, amtrak down, metro to Koons and just drive back up.
For sure.

If a Philly dealer would do 5% below invoice, I would probably take it locally. But that may be a stretch!

Still doing research on the other thread on jeepgarage related to the recall, a little bit discerning, but getting a '14 JGC with mfg date after Aug 2013 seems safe.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1258  
Old 12-06-2013, 01:09 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Fairfax Station, VA
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 452
RalphK is on a distinguished road
Re: DC metro area group buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
For sure.

If a Philly dealer would do 5% below invoice, I would probably take it locally. But that may be a stretch!

Still doing research on the other thread on jeepgarage related to the recall, a little bit discerning, but getting a '14 JGC with mfg date after Aug 2013 seems safe.
Agree about the 'Post-Aug' build date. I've been watching since this tread started and the major problems seem to be addressed and the little issues are decreasing. A lot of pre-Sep inventory on the lots, can't find EXACTLY what I want anyway so will be ordering in the near future.
__________________
Norton's my best friend
Reply With Quote
  #1259  
Old 12-06-2013, 01:46 PM
silvermax04's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 893
Thanks: 31
Thanked 52 Times in 46 Posts
Rep Power: 1819
silvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: DC metro area group buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphK View Post
Agree about the 'Post-Aug' build date. I've been watching since this tread started and the major problems seem to be addressed and the little issues are decreasing. A lot of pre-Sep inventory on the lots, can't find EXACTLY what I want anyway so will be ordering in the near future.
Actually guys just some advice but go for a build date after November 09, 2013. prior to that date they may have the sirusxm poor reception problem which there is a recent TSB out on. my march build will be going back in for that fix.

Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2 - Grand Cherokee Service Bulletins and Recalls
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1260  
Old 12-06-2013, 03:49 PM
Hitchhiking
My Jeep: 2012 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 433
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Setoutguy has a reputation beyond reputeSetoutguy has a reputation beyond reputeSetoutguy has a reputation beyond reputeSetoutguy has a reputation beyond reputeSetoutguy has a reputation beyond reputeSetoutguy has a reputation beyond reputeSetoutguy has a reputation beyond reputeSetoutguy has a reputation beyond reputeSetoutguy has a reputation beyond reputeSetoutguy has a reputation beyond reputeSetoutguy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: DC metro area group buy

Just FYI you might want to check out the Lindsay Jeep and Farrish Jeep websites for their internet prices to get an idea of the DC area marketplace.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Possible Group Buy Jordan's Jeep The Steel Armadillo 12 09-20-2012 08:56 PM
Possible Group Buy? FlyFlip420 Interior/Exterior/Visual 5 11-23-2011 09:38 PM
First 5 Group Buy! Diboblo LXHarness 27 06-22-2011 04:56 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community