Dealer Invoice - Page 3 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 -

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #25  
Old 03-14-2016, 05:35 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2016 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 41
Thanks: 2
Thanked 15 Times in 9 Posts
Rep Power: 387
RDE_ is on a distinguished road
Re: Dealer Invoice

I ordered my Jeep last week from Erica at Koon's and I will attest to everything said about the group buy. I wanted particular options on my Overland that couldn't be found in present inventory within 2000 miles of Koon's. I did a factory order and the experience couldn't have been more straightforward.

I shopped at 4 local dealerships and not a single one would even come close to the invoice pricing offered at Koon's. No one even offered to do a factory order for what I wanted. I even had a Tread Lightly 1% below invoice coupon and no one wanted to even go to that pricing.

Next time I won't waste my time with other dealerships. I actually drove 4 1/2 hours to meet with Erica before my order. As I told someone on the forum, she operates at a whole different level from most salespeople.

By the time I left Koon's I already had my VON printout in hand!

__________________
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 3.6L
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 3.6L, ORA II, Advanced Tech Group, HK stereo.
2008 Harley Road King
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RDE_ For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #26  
Old 03-15-2016, 10:58 AM
JeepCares's Avatar
Jeep Customer Service
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Michigan
Posts: 150
Thanks: 1
Thanked 47 Times in 31 Posts
Rep Power: 200995
JeepCares has a reputation beyond reputeJeepCares has a reputation beyond reputeJeepCares has a reputation beyond reputeJeepCares has a reputation beyond reputeJeepCares has a reputation beyond reputeJeepCares has a reputation beyond reputeJeepCares has a reputation beyond reputeJeepCares has a reputation beyond reputeJeepCares has a reputation beyond reputeJeepCares has a reputation beyond reputeJeepCares has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dealer Invoice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDE_ View Post
I ordered my Jeep last week from Erica at Koon's and I will attest to everything said about the group buy. I wanted particular options on my Overland that couldn't be found in present inventory within 2000 miles of Koon's. I did a factory order and the experience couldn't have been more straightforward.

I shopped at 4 local dealerships and not a single one would even come close to the invoice pricing offered at Koon's. No one even offered to do a factory order for what I wanted. I even had a Tread Lightly 1% below invoice coupon and no one wanted to even go to that pricing.

Next time I won't waste my time with other dealerships. I actually drove 4 1/2 hours to meet with Erica before my order. As I told someone on the forum, she operates at a whole different level from most salespeople.

By the time I left Koon's I already had my VON printout in hand!


Congratulations and we are happy to hear you had a great experience ordering your new Jeep!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-19-2016, 03:19 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 168
Thanks: 73
Thanked 36 Times in 34 Posts
Rep Power: 443
CT2011JGK is on a distinguished road
Re: Dealer Invoice

Friend of mine works for Home Depot and they offer something like the below dealer invoice for Ford and Chrysler,he said it was ok on a new model with no incentives/discounts.But I agree with Jim and a couple of others,if you are willing to shop from Dealer to Dealer there are some savings to be had.I did well on my '15 and saved alittle under $7,000 my '11 when I bought that there were crazy good deals to be had and nearly got $9,600 off,just depends on how hard your willing to work,and there is definitely some truth in going to the dealership the last day or two of the month as your more likely to get a better deal than early or middle of the month.Like most,I know where I need to be to comfortably afford the payments,(shop around for finance too,check your own bank or Insurer or CC company as they offer % to I guess the term would be,good payers,low risk etc,brain farting on the words I want),in closing,any discount is always good,shopping around though,you will be Suprised how quick you become 'expert' on trade ins,APR,average retail,packages etc,etc.Most places won't dick you around as they are in the business of wanting your business. It sounds to me like the original post has had the good sense of asking around already to see if 1% under is fair or not.Smart move.Smart to come to a forum where everyone is an owner,have been through it and can be informative with no motive or gain.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-19-2016, 03:45 PM
bill_de's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2017 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8,265
Thanks: 678
Thanked 930 Times in 741 Posts
Rep Power: 1804936
bill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dealer Invoice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT2011JGK View Post
Friend of mine works for Home Depot and they offer something like the below dealer invoice for Ford and Chrysler
What your friend is talking about is the Affiliates Program. It guarantees that the most you will pay is 1% below invoice. The dealers nominal (not actual) cost drops to 2% below invoice. So using the program leaves the dealer more room to negotiate.

Also, unless something has changed, Chrysler/Jeep dealers have two quota dates per month, the 20th and the last day of the month. So, if they are closing in on their quota, they have almost as much incentive to deal in the middle of the month as at the end.

Everybody should shop around, as long as they don't get consumed by trying to save that last two bits.

--
__________________
If you need a shoulder to cry on ...
... pull over to the side of the road!

Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-19-2016, 03:57 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 168
Thanks: 73
Thanked 36 Times in 34 Posts
Rep Power: 443
CT2011JGK is on a distinguished road
Re: Dealer Invoice

Adding onto my previous post,it can be tough getting a written deal as dealerships don't like playing that game,knowing it's likely you will go to another dealership and use those numbers as a starting point.I am as cutthroat as anyone else when it comes to saving money,and I am assuming,like most,I do a lot of homework and visit several dealerships prior to even sitting down to talk numbers.My vehicles have all been purchased from the Heritage group of companies,Jeep,naturally,I did a lot of legwork and know I got a deal I would not have otherwise,but that's because I knew how far I could push before agreeing to sign on the dotted line.Not really interested in free oil changes and car washes but orientated to the bottom line of my financing.Only twice have I been in the position of a cash Sale in my life,nice feeling,but that's it.
Can't say I have had to play too many games either,other than taking another dealers call on speaker,in another dealership with the rep there,any failures or delays have been through my own doing as I don't waiver from the specs I want,not even color as I tend to keep my cars a very long time,(irritates my wife as we own 4 and I won't part with any of them),haven't dealt with Koons or the group buy option,but was happy with my savings and on 2 occasions well below invoice.cant speak of used vehicle purchases ( these last 20+ years) as I buy new(so I know the vehicle history from new).
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-19-2016, 08:28 PM
BobsWK2's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,901
Thanks: 6
Thanked 71 Times in 61 Posts
Rep Power: 50766
BobsWK2 has a reputation beyond reputeBobsWK2 has a reputation beyond reputeBobsWK2 has a reputation beyond reputeBobsWK2 has a reputation beyond reputeBobsWK2 has a reputation beyond reputeBobsWK2 has a reputation beyond reputeBobsWK2 has a reputation beyond reputeBobsWK2 has a reputation beyond reputeBobsWK2 has a reputation beyond reputeBobsWK2 has a reputation beyond reputeBobsWK2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dealer Invoice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT2011JGK View Post
Adding onto my previous post,it can be tough getting a written deal as dealerships don't like playing that game,knowing it's likely you will go to another dealership and use those numbers as a starting point.I am as cutthroat as anyone else when it comes to saving money,and I am assuming,like most,I do a lot of homework and visit several dealerships prior to even sitting down to talk numbers.My vehicles have all been purchased from the Heritage group of companies,Jeep,naturally,I did a lot of legwork and know I got a deal I would not have otherwise,but that's because I knew how far I could push before agreeing to sign on the dotted line.Not really interested in free oil changes and car washes but orientated to the bottom line of my financing.Only twice have I been in the position of a cash Sale in my life,nice feeling,but that's it.
Can't say I have had to play too many games either,other than taking another dealers call on speaker,in another dealership with the rep there,any failures or delays have been through my own doing as I don't waiver from the specs I want,not even color as I tend to keep my cars a very long time,(irritates my wife as we own 4 and I won't part with any of them),haven't dealt with Koons or the group buy option,but was happy with my savings and on 2 occasions well below invoice.cant speak of used vehicle purchases ( these last 20+ years) as I buy new(so I know the vehicle history from new).
My last 2 WK2's (2012 and current 2014) were purchased at dealer invoice minus their holdback and minus any money off offers at time of delivery. That is the max I would pay for any Chrysler vehicle. Because even at that price, they still get extra money from Chrysler promos that only the dealer is aware of and the consumer doesn't fins out about.
__________________
2014 Summit 4X4, V8
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Good dealer in NY /NJ area for invoice price on srt RECDOG Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 24 09-08-2015 07:37 PM
Canada 2012 Invoice Pricing? andy53213 Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 10 11-26-2011 03:27 AM
Is invoice plus the $1,000 back a good price for a Limited hammick Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 15 08-10-2011 06:47 PM
New England Dealer confirmed invoice pricing QuickOne Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 25 07-14-2011 06:58 PM
Canadian Dealer Invoice Prices?? topsailstar Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 21 11-06-2010 01:09 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.