Delivery Day Preparation
Hey guys. I'm hoping to pick my new Overland Ecodiesel/ORAII/Adv Tech at River Oaks in a few weeks. (Thanks to Milous for tracking the order and Shannon and Lankness for hooking me up with the group buy!)
Thanks to this amazing forum, I think I have a basic list of what I need to do on pickup day.
- Use one of the delivery checklists that's been posted in other threads
- Request no dealer decals ahead of delivery day
- Think about buying some simple accessories before delivery day, like cargo liners/floor liners
- Setting up XPel application to the car
- Asking River Oaks to have the Mopar urea skid plate installed (anyone know if they'll actually do this? Is it any better or worse than the one being custom made and group bought on the forum?) Is the urea skid plate part of ORAII? If so, would they install the DEF injector plate from Dom's thread for me?
- Front passenger window tints (River Oaks probably does this, I'm guessing, but anyone think I should or should not have it done there?)
I live in San Antonio, a solid 3.5-4 hour drive from Houston, so I'm really trying to make delivery day go as quickly and smoothly as possible. I'm strongly considering taking my chances with possible chips and dings in the paint on that 4 hour drive so that I can have XPel applied at their national headquarters, which just happens to be in San Antonio. Rumline says that River Oaks uses 3M for clear bra - any opinions as to 3M or XPel being better? Should I have a clay bar treatment done before having any type of clear bra installed? Does anyone have suggestions as to other good add-ons/services to ask for well before delivery? Can most things be worked out the day of the delivery? Perhaps aftermarket suggestions that are better than XPel, or maybe things to compliment it? Should I request that they NOT prep it, and if so why? Hopefully my ton of questions will jumpstart this thread. Any guidance would be really appreciated. Thanks everyone.