Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 -

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 01-07-2014, 02:08 PM
GCLimited's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mass
Posts: 783
Thanks: 0
Thanked 32 Times in 25 Posts
Rep Power: 3291
GCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Do All Chrysler/Jeep Dealerships in Massachusetts Suck?

Still trying to get warranty/TSB work done to my 2014 GC Limited V6 4x4 (tranny reflash, radio reflash, safety recall, new antenna, thumping in back over bumps, and HVAC reflash)...and I'll tell you, it's like pulling teeth!



Gave up on my original Jeep dealership after poor service & lying to me, gave up on another Jeep dealership when they told me to go back to my original dealership, and as for the latest...

After finally filing a complaint to Chrysler about my Jeep (this past Saturday), I get a call back from Chrysler Customer Service on Monday (originally I was told a regional manager would call back). After the rep apologized about the confusion, we discussed the issues I'm having with my vehicle, and we come to the conclusion that yet another Jeep dealership would be looking my vehicle over, and some special Jeep tech rep would be performing the work...so far so good.

The Customer Care rep then calls this Jeep dealership to clarify things, then calls me back stating all I had to do is call this dealership, setup an appointment, and I would be receiving a rental/loaner while my vehicle is being worked on...sounds like a plan.

So I then call this Jeep dealership after lunch, ask for the Service Manager who suspossedly been briefed about my case, and he then tells me he has no idea what I'm talking about, and no one from Chrysler called him yesterday.



After thanking the service manager for his time (with no attitude at all), I called the rep at Chrysler Customer Care to tell him what just happened at this Jeep dealership. The rep says he has a recorded transcript with this service manager, and said he would call him back to straighten things out...and then get back to me.

Great...I bet this service manager now hates my guts...I have no incentive to take my Jeep to this dealership either. Do all Jeep dealerships suck in Massachusetts?

__________________

__________________
2014 Granite GC Overland 4x4 3.6L / Mud Flaps / Pedal Set / Lighted Door Sills / Slush Mats & Cargo Mat / H11 Phillips Fog Light Bulbs / Skid Plates (Front & Middle Only) / Tinted Front Door Windows (35%) / Airaid CAI / Ionic Running Boards / Build Date: 12/13 / 8.4AN v14.05.3
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-07-2014, 02:46 PM
moosehead's Avatar
Horseshoe for the Donkeys

My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: CO Rockies
Posts: 3,163
Thanks: 214
Thanked 94 Times in 82 Posts
Rep Power: 1620624
moosehead has a reputation beyond reputemoosehead has a reputation beyond reputemoosehead has a reputation beyond reputemoosehead has a reputation beyond reputemoosehead has a reputation beyond reputemoosehead has a reputation beyond reputemoosehead has a reputation beyond reputemoosehead has a reputation beyond reputemoosehead has a reputation beyond reputemoosehead has a reputation beyond reputemoosehead has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do All Chrysler/Jeep Dealerships in Massachusetts Suck?

To answer the question: possibly.

Odd that any of the dealers aren't motivated to perform these services, even if they haven't done so previously. They get paid either way.

Do you have a case #? If so, that should cut through the cloud of BS and uncertainty.
__________________

__________________
2011 JGC Oland Hemi / Borla Catback Proto / Hemifever Tune on DS Trinity / Flyin Ryan PTB / Volant CAI / Bwoody Sway Links / BT Catch Can & Underhood Kit / Jon's Tinted Tails / SRT8 Hood, Steering Wheel, Shiftknob, Pedals / Firestone Dest AT's & Winter 18's / Focal 165 Component Fronts, Alpine PDX 5 Amp, Rockford Fosgate P3 10" Sub & Fiberglass Enclosure / PS2 Grill, Mirrors & Liftgate Strip / Tow Hooks & Skids / JW Speaker LED Foglights / Debadged, Tint, Clear Bra / Sharkfin / Vled & Putco LED's / JRoll Uber-Tech Cabin Filter / RA & Yak Roof Rack / Lit Sills, Slush & Cargo Mats
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-07-2014, 02:52 PM
GCLimited's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mass
Posts: 783
Thanks: 0
Thanked 32 Times in 25 Posts
Rep Power: 3291
GCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Do All Chrysler/Jeep Dealerships in Massachusetts Suck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosehead View Post

Do you have a case #? If so, that should cut through the cloud of BS and uncertainty.
Through Chrysler Group LLC Customer care...yes I do.

My guess is Chrysler does not reimburse the dealerships enough to perform these TSBs, which also does not motivate me to buy another Chrysler product again.
__________________
2014 Granite GC Overland 4x4 3.6L / Mud Flaps / Pedal Set / Lighted Door Sills / Slush Mats & Cargo Mat / H11 Phillips Fog Light Bulbs / Skid Plates (Front & Middle Only) / Tinted Front Door Windows (35%) / Airaid CAI / Ionic Running Boards / Build Date: 12/13 / 8.4AN v14.05.3
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-07-2014, 03:10 PM
bill_de's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5,779
Thanks: 289
Thanked 285 Times in 252 Posts
Rep Power: 1801188
bill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do All Chrysler/Jeep Dealerships in Massachusetts Suck?

That is really strange.

One thing on the tranny tsb. I read a post yesterday where somebody was quoting Willx. It said that the latest update only included some updated information for the dealer, not new software. So, it could be the dealer(s) who said you had the latest update are correct. They don't check whether you have version a,b, or c of the tab. When they hook your vehicle up the computer tells them if there is anything pending.

Keep us up to date.

As if we could stop you.


---
__________________
If you need a shoulder to cry on ...

... pull over to the side of the road!

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-07-2014, 05:08 PM
GCLimited's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mass
Posts: 783
Thanks: 0
Thanked 32 Times in 25 Posts
Rep Power: 3291
GCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Do All Chrysler/Jeep Dealerships in Massachusetts Suck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_de View Post

Keep us up to date.

As if we could stop you.
4 hours now, and no call back from Chrysler Customer Care yet.



He said he'd call me back in 20 minutes or so...that was at 1:00PM.
__________________
2014 Granite GC Overland 4x4 3.6L / Mud Flaps / Pedal Set / Lighted Door Sills / Slush Mats & Cargo Mat / H11 Phillips Fog Light Bulbs / Skid Plates (Front & Middle Only) / Tinted Front Door Windows (35%) / Airaid CAI / Ionic Running Boards / Build Date: 12/13 / 8.4AN v14.05.3
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-07-2014, 09:33 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Boston
Posts: 785
Thanks: 0
Thanked 26 Times in 21 Posts
Rep Power: 72977
mswlogo has a reputation beyond reputemswlogo has a reputation beyond reputemswlogo has a reputation beyond reputemswlogo has a reputation beyond reputemswlogo has a reputation beyond reputemswlogo has a reputation beyond reputemswlogo has a reputation beyond reputemswlogo has a reputation beyond reputemswlogo has a reputation beyond reputemswlogo has a reputation beyond reputemswlogo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do All Chrysler/Jeep Dealerships in Massachusetts Suck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_de View Post
That is really strange.

One thing on the tranny tsb. I read a post yesterday where somebody was quoting Willx. It said that the latest update only included some updated information for the dealer, not new software. So, it could be the dealer(s) who said you had the latest update are correct. They don't check whether you have version a,b, or c of the tab. When they hook your vehicle up the computer tells them if there is anything pending.

Keep us up to date.

As if we could stop you.


---
I think you might be referring to my Quoting Will in the Transmission thread. That was my reply to an old post he did back when we were not sure if Rev B was new firmware or not. Will called that "Revision 3".

There was (I'm guessing on the dates from memory)
The Initial TSB (1st Issue of TSB) with no Letter August? (My GC Delivered with it)
Then Rev A (2nd Issue of TSB) with September
Then Rev B (3rd Issue of TSB) I forget Late September
Then Rev C (4th Issue of TSB) December
Then Rumored Rev D (5th Issue of TSB) Late December

I was asking if he could look into the rumored Rev D and quoted his confirmation that Rev B was not new firmware.

Sorry for the confusion. Looking back on it, I can see how that could be misread.

Rev C is not "3rd issue of TSB" (it's the 4th). And you do want Rev C (or greater). What version Will would call that, I'm not sure.

It's kind of confusing Will said "Revision 3". Because it's not the firmware version and the TSB uses letters. But I think he was thinking the 3rd issue of that TSB at that time.

P.S. I've had good luck at 3 Jeep Dealers in MA. But have not had any serious issues either.
__________________
08-10-2014 Limited 3.6L Red W/Black Int, Tow Group IV, 8.4AN Radio, ProClip, OBDLink/Torque, Zeigler Lifetime MaxCare
OEM: Mud Flaps, Matts, Cargo Liner, Cross Rails
UConnect: 13.48.3 TSB: 21-007-13C (Yippy) Tires: OEM/Nokian
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-08-2014, 02:04 PM
GCLimited's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mass
Posts: 783
Thanks: 0
Thanked 32 Times in 25 Posts
Rep Power: 3291
GCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Do All Chrysler/Jeep Dealerships in Massachusetts Suck?

Finally got a call back from Chrysler Customer Care Today, supposedly everything has been cleared up with the dealership they recommended, my appointment to drop off my Jeep is next Tuesday, and again supposedly a Jeep tech will be in contact with them while they are working on my vehicle.

Fingers crossed.
__________________
2014 Granite GC Overland 4x4 3.6L / Mud Flaps / Pedal Set / Lighted Door Sills / Slush Mats & Cargo Mat / H11 Phillips Fog Light Bulbs / Skid Plates (Front & Middle Only) / Tinted Front Door Windows (35%) / Airaid CAI / Ionic Running Boards / Build Date: 12/13 / 8.4AN v14.05.3
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-08-2014, 02:23 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 64
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 387
recoil1911 is on a distinguished road
Re: Do All Chrysler/Jeep Dealerships in Massachusetts Suck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCLimited View Post
Finally got a call back from Chrysler Customer Care Today, supposedly everything has been cleared up with the dealership they recommended, my appointment to drop off my Jeep is next Tuesday, and again supposedly a Jeep tech will be in contact with them while they are working on my vehicle.

Fingers crossed.
Best of luck. I've been in the midst of a Chrysler enhanced care case. Between the dealership and Chrysler case manager I had to take on the role of customer advocate. I would have preferred just to be the mediator between the Chrysler tech team and dealership. My suggestion is keep a running log of calls and activities. You can laugh about it when it's all done.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-08-2014, 02:30 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: north alabama
Posts: 15
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 775
hitecredneck is on a distinguished road
Re: Do All Chrysler/Jeep Dealerships in Massachusetts Suck?

most things in ma suck, except the patriots. my ex sucks and that was the best part of her....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-08-2014, 03:13 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,931
Thanks: 13
Thanked 51 Times in 46 Posts
Rep Power: 43303
lstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do All Chrysler/Jeep Dealerships in Massachusetts Suck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCLimited View Post
Finally got a call back from Chrysler Customer Care Today, supposedly everything has been cleared up with the dealership they recommended, my appointment to drop off my Jeep is next Tuesday, and again supposedly a Jeep tech will be in contact with them while they are working on my vehicle.

Fingers crossed.
I don't suppose the CCC tech had the forethought to get a name at the dealership you could contact to help make it clear to the dealership how you got their recommend...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-08-2014, 04:19 PM
Andoskyy's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Upton, MA
Posts: 565
Thanks: 11
Thanked 27 Times in 24 Posts
Rep Power: 10665
Andoskyy has a reputation beyond reputeAndoskyy has a reputation beyond reputeAndoskyy has a reputation beyond reputeAndoskyy has a reputation beyond reputeAndoskyy has a reputation beyond reputeAndoskyy has a reputation beyond reputeAndoskyy has a reputation beyond reputeAndoskyy has a reputation beyond reputeAndoskyy has a reputation beyond reputeAndoskyy has a reputation beyond reputeAndoskyy has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Do All Chrysler/Jeep Dealerships in Massachusetts Suck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCLimited View Post
Still trying to get warranty/TSB work done to my 2014 GC Limited V6 4x4 (tranny reflash, radio reflash, safety recall, new antenna, thumping in back over bumps, and HVAC reflash)...and I'll tell you, it's like pulling teeth!



Gave up on my original Jeep dealership after poor service & lying to me, gave up on another Jeep dealership when they told me to go back to my original dealership, and as for the latest...

After finally filing a complaint to Chrysler about my Jeep (this past Saturday), I get a call back from Chrysler Customer Service on Monday (originally I was told a regional manager would call back). After the rep apologized about the confusion, we discussed the issues I'm having with my vehicle, and we come to the conclusion that yet another Jeep dealership would be looking my vehicle over, and some special Jeep tech rep would be performing the work...so far so good.

The Customer Care rep then calls this Jeep dealership to clarify things, then calls me back stating all I had to do is call this dealership, setup an appointment, and I would be receiving a rental/loaner while my vehicle is being worked on...sounds like a plan.

So I then call this Jeep dealership after lunch, ask for the Service Manager who suspossedly been briefed about my case, and he then tells me he has no idea what I'm talking about, and no one from Chrysler called him yesterday.



After thanking the service manager for his time (with no attitude at all), I called the rep at Chrysler Customer Care to tell him what just happened at this Jeep dealership. The rep says he has a recorded transcript with this service manager, and said he would call him back to straighten things out...and then get back to me.

Great...I bet this service manager now hates my guts...I have no incentive to take my Jeep to this dealership either. Do all Jeep dealerships suck in Massachusetts?


Can you please reference the dealerships? No sense in trying to protect their identity if they're doing a lousy job.

Others from MA would be interested to know...Aka...Me
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-08-2014, 04:23 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: MA
Posts: 36
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 376
Dimes is on a distinguished road
Re: Do All Chrysler/Jeep Dealerships in Massachusetts Suck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andoskyy View Post
Can you please reference the dealerships? No sense in trying to protect their identity if they're doing a lousy job.

Others from MA would be interested to know...Aka...Me

Ditto for me....were any of them in the Norwood/Foxboro area?
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
jeep

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
dealerships in NYC Pauls888 Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 28 03-21-2014 10:52 PM
So, now that they are at the dealerships... Cherry Sahara 2014+ Cherokee-KL 17 11-13-2013 08:05 AM
JEEP Engineers suck! IRISH Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 58 10-09-2012 09:58 AM
Jeep Tailgate Shocks SUCK DGoral31 Troubleshooting/Problems 7 12-20-2011 04:17 PM
Dealerships suck Leonexx812 Grand Cherokee - WK 17 03-24-2011 03:25 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community