Early Lease Termination deals - Page 2 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 -

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #13  
Old 07-07-2016, 07:49 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 373
Thanks: 11
Thanked 33 Times in 29 Posts
Rep Power: 2683
rszwestko is on a distinguished road
Re: Early Lease Termination deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasGC View Post
I won't trade out unless I get a great deal to leave my lease early because someone will get a vehicle with about 20K miles after 3 years.
Just out of curiosity what don't you like about your car? Reading posts from people like you really makes me look elsewhere for my next car next year, my wife already told me to scratch JGC from my short list, i am still trying to keep the hopes alive.
thanks.

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #14  
Old 07-07-2016, 09:00 AM
DallasGC's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2015 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 321
Thanks: 1
Thanked 71 Times in 48 Posts
Rep Power: 774
DallasGC is on a distinguished road
Re: Early Lease Termination deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by rszwestko View Post
Just out of curiosity what don't you like about your car? Reading posts from people like you really makes me look elsewhere for my next car next year, my wife already told me to scratch JGC from my short list, i am still trying to keep the hopes alive.
thanks.
I have a few things I don't like about my GC. I hate all the safety tech. I also hate what all cars are doing to save gas and making cars safer. Its ruining the driving experience. I mainly hate that I bought something so nice. I should have bought a regular Altitude not a HA. I'm coming from a Rubicon and I wanted something better to drive. That part I love. Its the nicest vehicle I have ever driven. Some of the things I love are the size of it. Its perfect for me and another person and my puppy. Now that I'm used to the tech and have turned most of it off, I'm really starting to like this car. There are probably nicer riding SUV's, but the GC handles well on and off road and most SUV's can't compete off road. I still miss the Rubicon because I didn't care if it was clean in or out. I will probably not go back to a Wrangler for awhile because I don't drive off road much. I think the TrailHawk would be a great compromise for me.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DallasGC For This Useful Post:
  #15  
Old 07-07-2016, 10:32 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 10
Thanks: 7
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 424
Issemann is on a distinguished road
Re: Early Lease Termination deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by rszwestko View Post
Just out of curiosity what don't you like about your car? Reading posts from people like you really makes me look elsewhere for my next car next year, my wife already told me to scratch JGC from my short list, i am still trying to keep the hopes alive.
thanks.
Don't get me wrong, I love my JGC Limited (w/ Luxury Group II package). There is nothing else out there that gives you the same bang for your buck. The only real complaint I have is the size. I came from a Mazda CX-9 that offered a 3rd row and a ton of room compared to the JGC. But the ride, bells, whistles and overall look of the JGC was enough for me to make the switch.

Two and a half years later, I find myself looking at the Dodge Durango. Except that Chrysler decided to use that dumb "shifter knob" and I just can't push myself to pull the trigger on it.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #16  
Old 07-07-2016, 11:26 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 373
Thanks: 11
Thanked 33 Times in 29 Posts
Rep Power: 2683
rszwestko is on a distinguished road
Re: Early Lease Termination deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issemann View Post
Don't get me wrong, I love my JGC Limited (w/ Luxury Group II package). There is nothing else out there that gives you the same bang for your buck. The only real complaint I have is the size. I came from a Mazda CX-9 that offered a 3rd row and a ton of room compared to the JGC. But the ride, bells, whistles and overall look of the JGC was enough for me to make the switch.

Two and a half years later, I find myself looking at the Dodge Durango. Except that Chrysler decided to use that dumb "shifter knob" and I just can't push myself to pull the trigger on it.
Speaking of CX9, have you seen the 2016? Looks pretty good, I am willing to test drive it. I have an X5 with a 3rd row right which was used once and I have 2 kids, size of the JGC is a non-issue, reliability and dealer support is what concerns me.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-07-2016, 11:29 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 373
Thanks: 11
Thanked 33 Times in 29 Posts
Rep Power: 2683
rszwestko is on a distinguished road
Re: Early Lease Termination deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasGC View Post
I have a few things I don't like about my GC. I hate all the safety tech. I also hate what all cars are doing to save gas and making cars safer. Its ruining the driving experience. I mainly hate that I bought something so nice. I should have bought a regular Altitude not a HA. I'm coming from a Rubicon and I wanted something better to drive. That part I love. Its the nicest vehicle I have ever driven. Some of the things I love are the size of it. Its perfect for me and another person and my puppy. Now that I'm used to the tech and have turned most of it off, I'm really starting to like this car. There are probably nicer riding SUV's, but the GC handles well on and off road and most SUV's can't compete off road. I still miss the Rubicon because I didn't care if it was clean in or out. I will probably not go back to a Wrangler for awhile because I don't drive off road much. I think the TrailHawk would be a great compromise for me.
Thanks for the reply, I understand your concerns about "abusing" the car, but you are leasing so what do you care. Also, as for me personally i stopped giving crap about how clean my vehicle is, I use it everyday and honestly I don't mind it being dirty inside-out regardless if its 30 or 70k. I do agree that the tech nannies get in the way of driving pleasure, luckily there is a off button for a lot of them.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-07-2016, 11:40 AM
antjones21's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2016 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 78
Thanks: 25
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Rep Power: 1199
antjones21 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Re: Early Lease Termination deals

Well I went to the dealer yesterday and the offer they presented to me was way too high. My main issue is I got out of a lease when I got my Altitude and I brought over $4k in negative equity. So my buyout on the Alititude is $27k and they will only give me $23k for trade in so again I'm in the hole -$4k. They offered me a 48 month lease at $650 a month for '16 High Altitude and I was like that is not going to work. The guy just called me asking what he could do and I said they have to come down at least $100 on the payment somehow.

I love my '14 Altitude but it doesn't have Nav or the backup camera. I also prefer the LED lights on the HA. That's my main reason for wanting out of my lease early.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-07-2016, 12:47 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 10
Thanks: 7
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 424
Issemann is on a distinguished road
Re: Early Lease Termination deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by rszwestko View Post
Speaking of CX9, have you seen the 2016? Looks pretty good, I am willing to test drive it.
Haven't looked at it up close, just a few pics and a review on YouTube. My wife has a CX-5, so I'm familiar with the interior. Not too crazy about the tech. Seems very old compared to what we have in the JGC. One thing I really like is the reddish-brown interior!!



Wish Jeep would offer it in theirs!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-07-2016, 12:49 PM
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,077
Thanks: 71
Thanked 214 Times in 143 Posts
Rep Power: 19311
protect1989 has a reputation beyond reputeprotect1989 has a reputation beyond reputeprotect1989 has a reputation beyond reputeprotect1989 has a reputation beyond reputeprotect1989 has a reputation beyond reputeprotect1989 has a reputation beyond reputeprotect1989 has a reputation beyond reputeprotect1989 has a reputation beyond reputeprotect1989 has a reputation beyond reputeprotect1989 has a reputation beyond reputeprotect1989 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Early Lease Termination deals

I watched many reviews on the CX-9. The main complaint is that the interior looks dated which I completely agree with. I think they did a great job with the exterior of the vehicle but it doesnt come close to comparing with the interior of the jeep.
__________________
2015 Overland V6
Billet Silver
Advanced Tech
Mods: Gunvault, Rear Slush Mat, Tint, Valentine One, LED Fog lamps, Michelin Premier LTX

Previous Jeeps:
2007 & 2011 - Laredo
2014 - Limited

Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 07-08-2016, 12:29 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 53
Thanks: 37
Thanked 18 Times in 14 Posts
Rep Power: 575
GrayJeep is on a distinguished road
Re: Early Lease Termination deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by protect1989 View Post
I watched many reviews on the CX-9. The main complaint is that the interior looks dated which I completely agree with. I think they did a great job with the exterior of the vehicle but it doesnt come close to comparing with the interior of the jeep.
I looked up the CX-9. I hit the close tab immediately after seeing it has a 2.5L w/ 227HP. They can keep it.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-08-2016, 02:22 PM
Jim_in_PA's Avatar
Super Moderator

My Jeep: 2012 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SE PA (central Bucks County)
Posts: 4,925
Thanks: 919
Thanked 744 Times in 586 Posts
Rep Power: 112882
Jim_in_PA has a reputation beyond reputeJim_in_PA has a reputation beyond reputeJim_in_PA has a reputation beyond reputeJim_in_PA has a reputation beyond reputeJim_in_PA has a reputation beyond reputeJim_in_PA has a reputation beyond reputeJim_in_PA has a reputation beyond reputeJim_in_PA has a reputation beyond reputeJim_in_PA has a reputation beyond reputeJim_in_PA has a reputation beyond reputeJim_in_PA has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Early Lease Termination deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayJeep View Post
I looked up the CX-9. I hit the close tab immediately after seeing it has a 2.5L w/ 227HP. They can keep it.
But what about "Zoom...zoom..." ???
__________________
2012 GC Overland Summit - Winter Chill with New Saddle interior. 5.7L HEMI V8 - Pirelli Scorpion Verde Plus "shoes" - LED fogs and DRLs



Day-job...Telecom Technical Sales
Avocations...Woodworking, Equestrian, Food, Photography
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-08-2016, 02:31 PM
DallasGC's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2015 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 321
Thanks: 1
Thanked 71 Times in 48 Posts
Rep Power: 774
DallasGC is on a distinguished road
Re: Early Lease Termination deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by protect1989 View Post
Y'all need to negotiate the price of your vehicle better, even on a lease. These vehicles definitely take a huge depreciation hit but 12k after 3 months is absurd.

I probably could have made a better deal. My GC is a '15 and I bought it 3/16 so it lost a fair share driving it off the lot. Plus I tried to trade it in after my first payment.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DallasGC For This Useful Post:
  #24  
Old 07-08-2016, 02:38 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,118
Thanks: 74
Thanked 297 Times in 261 Posts
Rep Power: 46572
lstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Early Lease Termination deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayJeep View Post
I looked up the CX-9. I hit the close tab immediately after seeing it has a 2.5L w/ 227HP. They can keep it.
Check out the Jaguar F-Pace
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Turning in a lease early question rubberjeep Wrangler-YJ, TJ & JK 7 10-06-2015 09:22 AM
Getting out of a lease early and positive equity grkjeep Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 15 08-26-2015 07:43 PM

» Premium Vendor Showcase
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.