You mentioned misreading the TSB, but all it says is:
Flash: 8HP70 Transmission Shift Enhancements
This bulletin involves reprogramming the Transmission Control Module (TCM) with the latest available software.
2014 (WK) Jeep Grand Cherokee 2014 (WD) Dodge Durango
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with a 5.7L engine (Sales Codes EZH) and an 8HP70 automatic transmission (sales code DFD).
A small number of customers may indicate that the transmission shift quality may not meet their expectations under the following conditions. These concerns are separated by vehicle.
￼￼￼This bulletin is supplied as technical information only and is not an authorization for repair. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, or otherwise, without written permission of Chrysler Group LLC.
• **ECO mode will not retain settings. If ECO mode is turned off, it will turn back on after the ignition is cycled.**
• Less than desired upshift quality in normal drive mode under light/medium acceleration.
• Less than desired Power-on downshift quality (i.e. passing).
• Less than desired powertrain performance while driving at higher altitudes, on steep
grades, or during high speed driving.
• Less than desired tip in/out acceleration during torque converter clutch operation.
• Less than desired engagement quality in 4x4 high or 4x4 low range.